*****The Official Rangers v Standard Liege Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liege are decent but I don’t think they have our quality and fitness. They put a lot into the first half but it looks like we’ve knocked the stuffing out them now. If we show better game management than the last two Benfica games I can see us seeing it out and even scoring again. We deserve to progress in this competition. 

3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Wee bit of relief. Only a 1 goal lead but 2 goals away from not qualifiying tonight. Psychologically for the players that's massive.

Also surely these cunts are knackered by now as they've played out their skins and we've been well within ourselves (understatement).

They have worked hard, but I sense that we worked harder last week.

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Alfie has no pace these days

I agree even though it wasn't a great pass.

One thing I will say is that I can't remember the last time our players have gave him a proper good chance to score. Forget this game as most of our team including Alfie have been poor but I just don't think his role and the service he's getting is allowing him chances to score as much.

Results wise it's working out for us but for Alfie its not.

19 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

Oh please don’t. We are so poor when we try and hold out. Get another and kill it off 

Game management isn't just trying to hold on.  It's making the right subs, little petty fouls, wasting time at free kicks, throw ins and not going all out chasing another goal. That's where we have been struggling.

Archived