*****The Official Rangers v Standard Liege Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GaryMc said:

I agree even though it wasn't a great pass.

One thing I will say is that I can't remember the last time our players have gave him a proper good chance to score. Forget this game as most of our team including Alfie have been poor but I just don't think his role and the service he's getting is allowing him chances to score as much.

Results wise it's working out for us but for Alfie its not.

Thought he might have anticipated the pass a bit sooner even though it was a bit heavy

1 minute ago, shaka said:

Game management isn't just trying to hold on.  It's making the right subs, little petty fouls, wasting time at free kicks, throw ins and not going all out chasing another goal. That's where we have been struggling.

Exactly what I have been calling for. 
We don’t do well at wasting time. Never works out for us 

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Hate modern football.

Definitely a yellow card by today's standards as he is 'out of control' but you should be allowed to do what you like as long as you win the ball imo :lol: 

imagine souness playing nowadays? :lol:

Just now, JM1872 said:

Not necessarily. Ross County at the weekend won’t be a walk in the park and you could argue we will go with the same 11 possibly.

Highly doubt we go with the same 11. We have the most changes in the league this season. Defoe and Itten/Barker will be in, likely see Aribo and Zungu start too.

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Thought he might have anticipated the pass a bit sooner even though it was a bit heavy

Yeah I think if it was Alfie a year ago he would have. He has lost a yard of pace in my opinion.

1 minute ago, AdzKyle said:

How often do we say that. What is it with him and subs. 
Aribo meant to me coming on 

He’s reactive with subs 

Never has been proactive, we should’ve freshened it up straight after we scored to keep piling it on them 

Archived