*****The Official Rangers v Standard Liege Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

I'm expecting a tough game tonight and hope to fuck we get the job done. Don't want to be going to Poland next week needing a result. Come on Rangers 

This for me as well, hope we can sort out the qualification tonight. :thumbup:

For that to happen we will need to keep the Stand Ard of play up. :boughy: 

1 hour ago, PapaSasac said:

Cant see us mixing the team up too much tonight, didn't really think anyone played themselves into contention after the Falkirk game either.

What an opportunity tonight, hopefully we embrace it and keep the momentum going strong.

Huge run of games coming up. If we end January how we started December it is shaping up to be one helluva season.

Thought Zungu was really good against Falkirk.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

CL you get 4 bonus points for making the group stage, additional 5 for making the last 16 and then an additional 1 point each round after. Bayern got the maximum 12 last season.

In the EL the only bonus points are for making the QF, SF and final. 1 bonus point for each round.

Fucking hell that’s quite an advantage for countries above us like Austria and Belgium, we really need to start making the group stages every season as the other sides will contribute fuck all 

1 hour ago, Boybluesy said:

Thought Zungu was really good against Falkirk.

Dont disagree at all. But I am not sure he did enough to displace those that Gerrard trusts.

If he starts I wont be disappointed,  keen to see more of what he can do.

3 hours ago, Raligt said:

How much money do we get for getting through the groups?

For the 2019-20 season, Europa League competition winners receive €8,500,000 (£7.5m/$10m). The runners-up earn €4,500,000 (£4m/$5m). Group stage participation earns teams a base fee of €2,920,000 (£2.5m/$3.5m), while each win in the group pays €570,000 (£515k/$680k) and a draw €190,000 (£170k/$230k).5 Aug 2020

I fancied us against Benfica and I fully expect us to get the job done against a team who are nowhere near Benfica's level and that we have already beaten away from home.

A goal for Alfredo would also be a bonus but hoping for a good performance and a comfortable win before setting sights firmly on Ross County on Sunday.

Hope we go for it right from the start, as we have been doing in the league matches. It upsets teams, and before they can settle and draw a breath we can be 2 or 3 up and game over.

Hope we have the same attitude tonight.

Go straight for the jugular.

Kill the game by 30minutes, or by half time 😉👍

19 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Hope we go for it right from the start, as we have been doing in the league matches. It upsets teams, and before they can settle and draw a breath we can be 2 or 3 up and game over.

Hope we have the same attitude tonight.

Go straight for the jugular.

Kill the game by 30minutes, or by half time 😉👍

And keep it killed for 90+

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Confirmed 11

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic

Davis Kamara Arfield

Roofe Morelos Kent

Aribo back on the bench.

Not sure when I’ll get used to seeing a team sheet and being completely happy with every player in every position 

Archived