*****The Official Rangers v Standard Liege Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, fin8577 said:

Plenty of them didn't play well you are right but Morelos was particularly terrible tonight and you cannot say otherwise.  Just because what he has done for us in the last few years dosen't mean we need to let him off.  He has not been playing well recently and its pretty clear he doesn't want to be here anymore.  You can't say he played well tonight he has been pretty anonymous recently 

At no point have I said he’s played well but for whatever reason you’re singling him out

2 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Should great spirit and character tonight, had to battle for the win and did it the hard way, we're not bottlers anymore.

Was just about to same similar. We managed to win that one ugly, something we’ve lacked in recent times. 

we’re a different animal this season and by fuck it feels good. 

The first half hour we were fucking dreadful but managed to do what we've done a couple of times this season at Ibrox against Kilmarnock and Lech Poznan, be patient and work them out.

Good timing with the penalty just before half time but it was deserved considering how we'd performed in the last 15 minutes.

I thought we were back to ourselves in the second half and dominated it. If it wasn't for 3 top saves from Tav, Barisic and Goldson along with Roofe's miss we could have won by more. 

A wee point on one of their players. The number 6, I think he's the captain, what an utter wank stain he is! Constantly moaning and getting in altercations, even happier when we win when someone like him is in the opposition:lol:

5 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Just think he’s a massive help when the defence is under pressure and they lump it long and he wins free kicks which relieves all that. Would love to see him score more but goals coming from all over now 

I get that mate. I’d get rid though 

8 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

The proverbial game of 2 halves.

Could have been more but for their keeper. 

Standard played well, but we beat them.

We're definitely a Rangers team now.

Like the old days, during a game I expect to win regardless of how it is going.

11 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Could easily have scored 3 more goals towards the end as well.

Easily mate. If not 3 then at least 1 - Kemar Roofe needs to be finishing that chance if not himself then slipping in whoever was coming in from the other side.

Archived