The next two months fixtures

GOAT

Could be arguably the most important spell of the season coming up.  Six league games in December, including a usually difficult trip to tannadice.  Four of the league games are away from home.  Ross County, Dundee Utd, St Mirren and St Johnstone away.  Motherwell and Hibs at home.  Sandwiched in between St mirren in the cup, and two European games. 

January is even worse, Celtic at home but trips to Fir Park, Easter Road and Pittodrie all after that.  At home to Ross county. 

this is the fixture run that marks champions. 7 away games in our next 11 games in the league.  We want to win that league we need to come through that relatively unscathed and hope the tarriers bad run continues.  

MASSIVE two months coming up.  

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Could be arguably the most important spell of the season coming up.  Six league games in December, including a usually difficult trip to tannadice.  Four of the league games are away from home.  Ross County, Dundee Utd, St Mirren and St Johnstone away.  Motherwell and Hibs at home.  Sandwiched in between St mirren in the cup, and two European games. 

January is even worse, celtic at home but trips to Fir Park, Easter Road and Pittodrie all after that.  At home to Ross county. 

this is the fixture run that marks champions. 7 away games in our next 11 games in the league.  We want to win that league we need to come through that relatively unscathed and hope the tarriers bad run continues.  

Thank fuck the team seem to be taking it one game at a time .

A few banana skins in there if we were to lose any focus .

Keep motoring until the 2nd of January ,beat them and we have a nice cushion for any potential slips 

5 hours ago, GOAT said:

January is even worse, celtic at home but trips to Fir Park, Easter Road and Pittodrie all after that.  At home to Ross county. 

That January is mental. If we’re still sitting as comfortable at the end of that we’ll be champions IMO. 

27 minutes ago, SPWF said:

That January is mental. If we’re still sitting as comfortable at the end of that we’ll be champions IMO. 

I agree , it's far too early to say we'll take the title,  if septic win their games in hand? We are only 5 points ahead, if the taigs do get their act together   which at the moment seems doubtful but not impossible,  then we still have a long way to go, but if we still have a good lead by the end of January then I would like to think we can kick on from there, but I never take anything for granted,  we've had too many disappointments before,  too many of our fans getting carried away too soon,  theres a long way to go.

January, on paper is pretty solid. That’s if any these teams were firing but they’re not at the moment.

Will have to see what the turn of the year brings but something that could take the sting right out of it is a nice win in the OF first-up.

That would be massive and give us an increased lead at the top, so that if there did happen to be 2 points dropped at an Easter road for example we’ll have it more than covered. 

7 hours ago, GOAT said:

January is even worse, Celtic at home but trips to Fir Park, Easter Road and Pittodrie all after that.  At home to Ross county. 

Wouldn’t have any other way .Exciting times every week.Feels like I’m back in the 90s 

We are playing brilliant every other week and the soap dodgers are imploding on and off the park🤣

Happy days 

How many times have we been down this road?

The only league game that matters is the next one.

A million things could happen between now and January, most of which we can’t control.

Just plan and prepare for the only game that matters, win it, rest and repeat.

The circus across the city is fine for a laugh but our focus must be resolute.

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

The thought of January actually excites me. I've no trepidation about it whatsoever. 

You want to win the league then you need to win at these grounds. 

Sure it's a tough run-in, but we've got to play them all x-amount of times anyway. 

Bring it on.

I'm with you, we should hopefully get some big game momentum going and the players will be chomping at the bit in training to be involved - think this is where the depth and competition for places will really start to show. I expect and hope to see a more settled starting 11 through that period. 

13 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

All winnable games. Still confident.

The fir park one always gets me as a ‘difficult ‘ game. We’ve not lost in the league there in 26 years.

Losing isnt just the problem it’s drawing too aswell.

Btw Celtic have 7 out of the next 11 at home aswell.  Not sure how the fuck that managed to happen tbh.

good news is looking at the fixtures barring any fixture calamities by the spfl they will have pittodrie and Easter road to go too after the split. 

39 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Btw celtic have 7 out of the next 11 at home aswell.  Not sure how the fuck that managed to happen tbh.

good news is looking at the fixtures barring any fixture calamities by the spfl they will have pittodrie and Easter road to go too after the split. 

Because of the cancellations. They've played away more than at home.

10 hours ago, GOAT said:

Your second last paragraph nails it. It’s time we see just what the team is made of. If they sail through this with little to no points dropped then I’d feel confident the league is ours.

I just hope that if we do drop points folk don’t go overboard. That ridiculous season when Rodgers took them over and every team shat their pants has put a false expectation in place that if you lose a game you can’t win the league. It’s not normal not to lose a game or three during a 36 game season. Hopefully now that the bheasts’ facade has dropped the other teams will see they’re there for the taking.

We've been really fortunate with where our injuries have fallen this year. We've got good cover in most positions but the fact that Tav and Goldson are always there at the back has been a blessing. If it were either of those two instead of Katic or Helander getting the injuries, it might have told. Fingers crossed they stay fit. The other big differnece to the last couple of years is that we don't have the Morelas suspensions to contend with (keep it up Alfredo). We will need the full squad through the next couple of months and if they all stay fit, we'll be home and dry by Easter with sliverware in the cupboard to boot.

Zero fear about any of those upcoming games. Only if we manage to get ourselves in the worst injury crisis ever seen will I start to worry.

But again the only aim and target for the team is the next game.

First 11 is fantastic, the squad depth is great, we don't look like conceding alot of shots let alone goals and we look like scoring every attack.

Every confidence we will come into February still in the same vein of form we are in currently. :pipe:

1 minute ago, Parma99 said:

If (big if) we can beat them on 2nd of Jan to go 17 points clear (they will have 3 games in hand) then the league will be over. I'm sure we will drop points but I can't see us dropping 8 more than them. One game at a time.

They will have two games in, they’ll play one of their games the day we play st mirren in the cup. 

11 hours ago, GOAT said:

If we beat St Mirren in the League Cup then the semi final is when we’re due to play Ross County in January at Ibrox. 

One game at a time as I keep saying but it’s pretty clear the next 2 months will go a long way to deciding the title 

We're likely to drop some points between now and the end of the season, its just about ensuring we keep our heads if there's a wobble. Covid could be a big dynamic in the rest of the season, we've luckily not been hit too bad by it but all it needs is half our squad needing to self isolate and suddenly we're in a pickle. I could see us dropping 2 points going into the next old firm game, which i would prob take now given I think we'll beat them at Ibrox (and they might not take maximum points before old firm game, altho they have an easy run). Its far from over, we need a healthy lead going into Jan - that's the make or break month.

Archived