Club 1872 Statement

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

King's just another cunt in a suit here to make money from Rangers ....         Was all i used to hear while arguing with them in the boardroom section back in the day.  When

Btw, if all of this goes through and we get back on a winning footing, what King and the other investors have done is, despite some flaws, nothing short of heroic.

I have no issue at all with Dave King getting his money back after all he has done. History will look very favourably over his tenure tbh

Posted Images

2 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

It’a a fair point and it’s why Club 1872 isn’t for everyone. And nobody can tell any individual how they should spend their own money. 

Of course, the flip side of the argument is that as an individual shareholder you’ll like own less than 0.0001% whereas you could be part of a smaller collective that owns 25%. You can also stand for the board of that company if you were so minded or have direct communication with that board. You’d never be able to get communication with the Rangers board.

But your value or input would always be: 0.0001%

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You do realise that by buying into c1872 your individual voice as a shareholder is gone and even worse, your money essentially could be used to vote for things you don't agree with

What doesn't sit right with me is that c1872 has what, 5% right now, say they got their 20k people and bought kings shares, thats them up to 25%

Now every big decision their vote is required for should be put to their members to decide on, like agm stuff etc

10001 people vote yes, 9999 people vote no, majority wins c1872 go with yes and vote yes, that gives the outlook that 25% of the shares voted yes, which could easily swing a vote

Whereas is every member was a shareholder outright, and say 12% of they member shares voted no, while the other 13% voted yes, then it could swing the vote the other way

Thanks and yes I do realise what buying into C1872 means. Please note though that I am not advocating any particular route here. What I do believe is that more explicit information is required from both C1872 and the football club itself. This thread has already highlighted lots of mixed messages and misunderstandings.

Joining C1872 and making a Legacy Donation puts funds in their coffers allowing them we believe to purchase cheap shares ( in 2021) from Dave King. If they secure all shares as touted C1872 would as of today be the major shareholder. Currently they have no place on the Board and no power, but their position will be strengthened. Any individual making a donation would only have a say in how C1872 business is conducted, not the football club.

Whilst it might be more appealing to invest directly in the football club and feel personally involved you will have minimal influence in decisions and voting. I believe at a corporate shareholding level, voting does not work on a one person one vote basis, it comes down to the value of your holding. C1872 with £millions would have substantially more voting rights than small fry investors. Its why the C1872 (supporters club) exists. Ultimately they want a say in how the Club is run and if King is to be believed, Never Again. In his mind fan interests should be protected hence his proposal.

I know nothing about how C1872 operate or the individuals involved but reading on here, there is a lack of faith in their abilities. As a minimum, with this issue now before us, I would expect them to be promoting themselves to a wider audience unless they think they are confident of raising  £13.5 million from their existing 7000 members - unlikely unless they have a sugar daddy. 

My previous comment remains pertinent. They need to be communicating with our global fan base setting out the details of the deal they are after, what their plans are for raising the cash, how they operate and what it means to us individually so we are all clear on the way forward. 

Is the main Club Board in support of what is being proposed. Wouldn't be a great start if they were not in favour. 

10 minutes ago, LookingForEric said:

Thanks and yes I do realise what buying into C1872 means. Please note though that I am not advocating any particular route here. What I do believe is that more explicit information is required from both C1872 and the football club itself. This thread has already highlighted lots of mixed messages and misunderstandings.

Joining C1872 and making a Legacy Donation puts funds in their coffers allowing them we believe to purchase cheap shares ( in 2021) from Dave King. If they secure all shares as touted C1872 would as of today be the major shareholder. Currently they have no place on the Board and no power, but their position will be strengthened. Any individual making a donation would only have a say in how C1872 business is conducted, not the football club.

Whilst it might be more appealing to invest directly in the football club and feel personally involved you will have minimal influence in decisions and voting. I believe at a corporate shareholding level, voting does not work on a one person one vote basis, it comes down to the value of your holding. C1872 with £millions would have substantially more voting rights than small fry investors. Its why the C1872 (supporters club) exists. Ultimately they want a say in how the Club is run and if King is to be believed, Never Again. In his mind fan interests should be protected hence his proposal.

I know nothing about how C1872 operate or the individuals involved but reading on here, there is a lack of faith in their abilities. As a minimum, with this issue now before us, I would expect them to be promoting themselves to a wider audience unless they think they are confident of raising  £13.5 million from their existing 7000 members - unlikely unless they have a sugar daddy. 

My previous comment remains pertinent. They need to be communicating with our global fan base setting out the details of the deal they are after, what their plans are for raising the cash, how they operate and what it means to us individually so we are all clear on the way forward. 

Is the main Club Board in support of what is being proposed. Wouldn't be a great start if they were not in favour. 

Good post mate. This is not for the faint at heart. We need direction on where the money will go. The board also would also be welcome to come out on this so we know where they might be giving us direction. I need to know where the cash will be going. A little bit if time here required to take all of this in. 👍

16 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Good post mate. This is not for the faint at heart. We need direction on where the money will go. The board also would also be welcome to come out on this so we know where they might be giving us direction. I need to know where the cash will be going. A little bit if time here required to take all of this in. 👍

11 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Good point - and on another point, all the work, time and effort that our wealthy investors have put into the club over the years has been for free, as they have alternative income - a fan led board would not provide services for free - and this would be another source of frustration when claims or expenses is claimed........ (eg snp).

Just canny see it working............. And not many people have a good word to say for C1872.

DK should put his shares on the open markets for RFC supporters or investors at the correct market value (0.50p he said) to purchase.

And if he is only wanting to receive his actual costs of 0.20p then he can pay a dividend to RFC of 0.30p/share.

Win win for everyone................

👆 this is the way to go... 

47 minutes ago, LookingForEric said:

Absolutely puzzling why DK has promoted club1872 as the mandated buyer of his majority shares. 

He obviously has confidence in the club owner. 

Does absolutely nothing for the club members. 

Bears r us and geneva_ger like this

Dave has done a great job - this is clearly a roll of the dice at an exit plan though, if we the fans don’t take it up he will be have clear conscience to accept any other offer. 

It’s a tall order to expect club 1872 to get enough engagement to do it. I’d prefer registered fans be given the opportunity to buy individually at the prescribed price and limits. Perhaps the credentials to buy could be existing season ticket holders or Mygers members only as of 1st December 2020. 

24 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I happened to see this tweet on Twitter and while it does not answer you question it seems some on ff are wondering about something. 

im surprised that thread hasnt been pulled over there  although the OP is getting called all sorts while no one is answering his question

maybe it hasnt been pulled because  do so would give it more credence

Bears r us likes this

If the average share price is £0.23 over the 3 years then the money required is actually £15.335 millions.   C1872 would require to get 22,752 members to pay the £18.72 per month to reach that total over 3 years.   Let us suppose just for a second, that they actually manage to reach that size of membership, what happens after that if the members don't wish to continue paying that amount on a monthly basis?    Do they lose membership rights to vote etc?

Bears r us likes this
1 hour ago, Rowley Birkin said:

im surprised that thread hasnt been pulled over there  although the OP is getting called all sorts while no one is answering his question

maybe it hasnt been pulled because  do so would give it more credence

Maybe it hasn't been pulled cause its true.

Rowley Birkin likes this