Club 1872 Statement

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Club 1872 are close to King and have first dibs on his shares and could potentially end up kingmaker (if you'll pardon the pun). 

I think the saying is 'any port in a storm'. 

Which part would you like me to expand on? Applied for accreditation last year, certain people at the club weren't happy with the way I reported on certain things and I got summoned to Ibrox for a row and politely asked to 'pull in the right direction' before being told Bongani Zungu was categorically not a signing target (this was last August). When it comes to it though, I'm very good at playing the game and minding my Ps and Qs with clubs. 

Ah Graham and his wonderful transfer PR....

2 hours ago, Fred H Crawford said:

I get that mate , but why now ?  C1872 's relevance is diminishing with nearly every new share issue and there's no chance of them raising anywhere near the required amount to purchase DK's shares , especially under the current set up IMO . They certainly don't seem to be any threat to the status of the existing hierarchy .

The upcoming election presented the opportunity for the club to take control of Club 1872 which is what they appear to have tried to do with MD and going by his post about another candidate I’d hazard a guess that person, whoever it was, was also handpicked by the club. 

Whilst I agree that C1872 are a long way away from achieving the sums of capital to acquire Dave King’s shares there is still a route for them to do so & that presents a huge problem for the current investors who want the fans nowhere near the club from a shareholding point of view. Although ironically, as Club 1872 pointed out in recent communications, the club didn’t want any money from Club 1872 to go towards the rebuild of Edmiston House but are quite happy trying to flog £150 packages with more initiatives to follow to try and fund the project.  

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

One of many examples where fan media have put out false information. We were all told last summer that Ashley was gone and all litigation had ended yet we are in court again tomorrow v Ashley as part of continued litigation and that’s before we start on the absolute farce with the ‘fight’ with the SPFL. 

The club openly talk about their strategy being for fan media to ‘insulate’ the club which is fine to an extent but we’re now on day 11 of constant attacks over the George Square celebrations which I think goes to show when that is your only PR strategy it leaves the club massively exposed. 

Especially when one outlet you use is this clown. Edgar's reputation has taken a big hit for me also with his constant Graham gospel.

Club thought they were smart employing this strategy but are now being found out.

8 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

The upcoming election presented the opportunity for the club to take control of Club 1872 which is what they appear to have tried to do with MD and going by his post about another candidate I’d hazard a guess that person, whoever it was, was also handpicked by the club. 

Whilst I agree that C1872 are a long way away from achieving the sums of capital to acquire Dave King’s shares there is still a route for them to do so & that presents a huge problem for the current investors who want the fans nowhere near the club from a shareholding point of view. Although ironically, as Club 1872 pointed out in recent communications, the club didn’t want any money from Club 1872 to go towards the rebuild of Edmiston House but are quite happy trying to flog £150 packages with more initiatives to follow to try and fund the project.  

that presents a huge problem for the current investors who want the fans nowhere near the club from a shareholding point of view

Any evidence of this or a background why you've said this? Not doubting but it seems a very significant quote

8 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

One of many examples where fan media have put out false information. We were all told last summer that Ashley was gone and all litigation had ended yet we are in court again tomorrow v Ashley as part of continued litigation and that’s before we start on the absolute farce with the ‘fight’ with the SPFL. 

The club openly talk about their strategy being for fan media to ‘insulate’ the club which is fine to an extent but we’re now on day 11 of constant attacks over the George Square celebrations which I think goes to show when that is your only PR strategy it leaves the club massively exposed. 

giphy.gif\

Chapter 2.

Chaper 3.

Chaper 4.

Just now, JWAC said:

Any evidence of this or a background why you've said this? Not doubting but it seems a very significant quote

What wealthy individual in history that has thrown a lot of their own money into the club wants to be accountable to an average punter like you or I? 

Their money, their ball. 

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

What wealthy individual in history that has thrown a lot of their own money into the club wants to be accountable to an average punter like you or I? 

Their money, their ball. 

Just to add to that it’s no surprise that Dave King kept fan groups at arms lengths whilst he was running the show and then offered to sell his shares to them once he departed the scene... 

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Their money, their ball. 

I'm not trying to be argumentative but that's just a subjective perspective, there's no evidence of what you're saying. I could make the opposition that it's not in investors interests to alienate the majority source of income into the club.

I am sure they have their own interests but it seems to go against what many of the directors have been saying.

6 hours ago, JWAC said:

I'm not trying to be argumentative but that's just a subjective perspective, there's no evidence of what you're saying. I could make the opposition that it's not in investors interests to alienate the majority source of income into the club.

I am sure they have their own interests but it seems to go against what many of the directors have been saying.

Perhaps against what the say... but what actions have they shown that they are supportive or positive about fan ownership/involvement?

14 hours ago, psb07158 said:

What an absolute mess of a man

You can't call folk cretins, poofs, retards and terrorists online and expect to be able to stand in any sort of public position 

Quote from his statement:

2/ That some of my tweets were "homophobic, ableist, obscene and abusive"

I asked for the name(s) of the ineligible proposer(s) and examples of the social media posts.

They did not give me a note of the ineligible proposer(s) but did provide links to five tweets - all of which I'm quite prepared to stand by on the basis of the context in which they were made, the content or indeed that two of them are quite clearly humorous and directed to people I know personally.

how ironic that he feels he should be allowed to say what he wants on public forums with no consequence given the number of us that have been banned on his for much less. 

image.png

11 minutes ago, Inigo said:

:lol: What a horrible, thin-skinned dictatorial prick. Like a 10 year old leader of a gang hut. 

Big fan of him locking the thread about him being rejected by c1872 and saying it was just 'seven pages mostly of pish by people spectacularly missing the fucking point.'

12 hours ago, southcoastbear said:

Never a freebie, they'd have to put added bracing to the seat before  he tried to sit on it you'd think.

He posted a video walking up the stairs to his seat and you could hear him blowing out his arse.

Does anyone fancy giving us a run-down on the C1872 bashing that's going on?

I get that Dingwall is a fanny - he's always been a fat self-serving wank - but why the sudden bashing of the fan's group? Is it all to do with Chris Graham or have I missed something?

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Big fan of him locking the thread about him being rejected by c1872 and saying it was just 'seven pages mostly of pish by people spectacularly missing the fucking point.'

His arrogance and lack of self awareness is absolutely off the scale