Jump to content

Club 1872 Statement


Bronzy
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, wully said:

He posted a video walking up the stairs to his seat and you could hear him blowing out his arse.

Must be hard carting a bag full of pies up the stairs with him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Big fan of him locking the thread about him being rejected by c1872 and saying it was just 'seven pages mostly of pish by people spectacularly missing the fucking point.'

His arrogance and lack of self awareness is absolutely off the scale

Bronzy, The Dude and hawkfalcons like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will never knock any fan who prefers to have shares in the club in their own name. The limitations however are clear - no influence unless you are a millionaire and buy millions of shares.

Having 1 fan group is a good idea. C1872 are significant shareholders and have a voice. They are not on the board which I am pleased about as I see the role as one of a watching brief. 2012 must never happen again.

My, at the moment mild concerns, are with how it is being run. Elections must be open to all members. My views of Dingwall are personal and I won't post them again however he should be allowed to stand. I would not vote for him but that is just a personal standpoint. No doubt in my mind that a shake up is required re the leadership of C1872.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Does anyone fancy giving us a run-down on the C1872 bashing that's going on?

 

I get that Dingwall is a fanny - he's always been a fat self-serving wank - but why the sudden bashing of the fan's group? Is it all to do with Chris Graham or have I missed something?

Certain folk see c1872 potentially buying Kings shares as a threat. Using Chris Graham as the bogeyman is an easier sell than saying they'd rather fans shut the fuck up and just pay their money.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

His arrogance and lack of self awareness is absolutely off the scale

I was actually a bit surprised by just how much pushback there was in the threads tbh. Think that makes it even funnier tbh.

Rowley Birkin likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Certain folk see c1872 potentially buying Kings shares as a threat. Using Chris Graham as the bogeyman is an easier sell than saying they'd rather fans shut the fuck up and just pay their money.

I've just seen this thread on FF as well: https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/the-letter-from-rev-stuart-macquarrie-which-prompted-me-to-stand-for-club-1872.166064/

 

I'd quote the content but no doubt Dingwall would sue me or something. Obvious it's been put out in the public realm for a reason, furthering whatever agenda Dingwall has (again I'm not sure what the end game is or if it's a good thing or not), but I'm a wee bit surprised that Rev MacQuarrie is allowing himself to be drawn in to public spats.

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

I've just seen this thread on FF as well: https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/the-letter-from-rev-stuart-macquarrie-which-prompted-me-to-stand-for-club-1872.166064/

 

I'd quote the content but no doubt Dingwall would sue me or something. Obvious it's been put out in the public realm for a reason, furthering whatever agenda Dingwall has (again I'm not sure what the end game is or if it's a good thing or not), but I'm a wee bit surprised that Rev MacQuarrie is allowing himself to be drawn in to public spats.

Dingwall is a dick but there's been loads of rumblings things aren't right at c1872 for a while 

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I was actually a bit surprised by just how much pushback there was in the threads tbh. Think that makes it even funnier tbh.

Best bit was when someone questioned why he was posting it and he replied he gives his opinion on all things Rangers on that site. Genuinely haven't seen him talk about the team/games other than when he said it made no sense for the club to sign Zungu.

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Dingwall is a dick but there's been loads of rumblings things aren't right at c1872 for a while 

Aye, seems very much like there's more to the story than what we all know, I just wasn't sure if there was more info in the public domain I wasn't aware of. End of the day, these people are just blazer chasing like the rest of them - quite happy to take the extras and freebies that the role provides them but don't want to be held up to any sort of real scrutiny. I'll only trust a Supporters Group when they offer total transparency, there should be nothing to hide and there's 0 reasoning for there to be closed door meetings held. If they're dealing with commercially sensitive materials then there should at least be impartial governance of those meetings to ensure they're not being steered one way or the other by anything other than supporter desire.

Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

This is his reply when someone said people get banned from the site for using the same language :lol:

'Is anyone paying £18.72 a month to be a member on here?'

No but you're getting all the advert revenue for everyone visiting your site

LochendBilly likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ScottBF2 said:

Does anyone fancy giving us a run-down on the C1872 bashing that's going on?

 

I get that Dingwall is a fanny - he's always been a fat self-serving wank - but why the sudden bashing of the fan's group? Is it all to do with Chris Graham or have I missed something?

for me, i've no issue with the group owning part of the club, great, it's investment - but the inroads they want to make to a board level and eventually majority shareholding is worrying. 

Anyone at a board level has to have business before their support of the club for us to be successful and c1872 dont have that, they have their support before the business and would always be guided by their fanship and what they want as a supporter rather than what's best for business. 

 

 

Rowley Birkin likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

for me, i've no issue with the group owning part of the club, great, it's investment - but the inroads they want to make to a board level and eventually majority shareholding is worrying. 

Anyone at a board level has to have business before their support of the club for us to be successful and c1872 dont have that, they have their support before the business and would always be guided by their fanship and what they want as a supporter rather than what's best for business. 

 

 

Needs to be a balance between the two IMO - we don't want another Murray scenario where someone comes in to inflate their own ego and things go tits up from that perspective, or a Green who comes in to try and flip for profit or, god forbid, a Whyte where they come in with god knows what intention and to what end. We should try and adopt something similar to that of Germany's 50+1 - that was what my understanding of C1872 was, but I've never properly looked into it enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 26/05/2021 at 16:07, GersInCanada said:

Hang on a minute. The foundations are decent Bears and not rotten.

😄 Comedy gold

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 26/05/2021 at 15:24, Bydo said:

That is :lol:

He stands by the tweets yet they’re absolutely screaming with homophobic slanders, and wonders why C1872 told him to get on his bike.

spot on

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

You will have been there in a working capacity though rather than someone just out for a freebie. The people milking the club and support need to be ousted. 

they would need a fork truck to oust that waste of space

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...