Club 1872 Statement

5 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Email From the club yesterday 

223E584F-024E-4EA7-BCA8-33A401FE8BD7.png

Just noticed that MyGers members receive it first.  I didn't renew so that explains it.    I used to have a Rangers Credit Card which worked in a similar fashion.  Every time I spent using the card meant that a small percentage went to RFC.  I don't see how this new idea impacts on C1872.  It benefits RFC no matter if a supporter is in C1872, or MyGers or like myself just a loyal fan.

King doesn't speak very highly of Murray. 

"I’m surprised firstly that Malcolm put his name forward, quite frankly. Because I just can’t imagine why supporters would vote for someone who was Charles Green’s man, who was the chairman of the club at a time when these Sports Direct contracts were entered into. He was chairman of the club when they delivered it into the hands of Mike Ashley.

"All of the contracts we inherited and the fights we’ve had with Sports Direct - and continue to have on a residual basis as well - all these shocking contracts that were put in place at a time when Malcolm Murray was chairman of the club, working for Charles Green at the time.

"In addition, Malcolm Murray was a negative in all of the dealings I had in regime change and trying to get institutions on board.

"A lot of the work that Malcolm was doing behind the scenes was counter-productive to all of my efforts.
"I regard Malcolm Murray, in my dealings with him, as not a person to be associated with Rangers Football Club in any way whatsoever.

"I think he would be very negative. The supporters must decide, it’s their decision. But I would be very surprised, given his history, if any supporter would vote for him."

I was pretty shocked to see his name, that whole incident with him being steaming and claiming he was setup was cringing, his comments on his statement about him being the only man to try and take on the Spivs. 

His name given what has gone before, just isn't credible. 

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Just noticed that MyGers members receive it first.  I didn't renew so that explains it.    I used to have a Rangers Credit Card which worked in a similar fashion.  Every time I spent using the card meant that a small percentage went to RFC.  I don't see how this new idea impacts on C1872.  It benefits RFC no matter if a supporter is in C1872, or MyGers or like myself just a loyal fan.

Club 1872 used them as a way to raise a small, but significant, sum of money to cover admin costs, marketing, etc. People who were using it for C1872 will likely switch to Rangers thus depriving C1872 of revenue. 

Which is fine, we all primarily want to see Rangers increasing their revenue streams (although I’d question how much if any difference this will make) but combined with a lot of the other nefarious ongoings it’s pretty suspect 

13 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Club 1872 used them as a way to raise a small, but significant, sum of money to cover admin costs, marketing, etc. People who were using it for C1872 will likely switch to Rangers thus depriving C1872 of revenue. 

Which is fine, we all primarily want to see Rangers increasing their revenue streams (although I’d question how much if any difference this will make) but combined with a lot of the other nefarious ongoings it’s pretty suspect 

That is up to C1872 to point out to their members the need for them to continue to support C1872.  For the rest of us supporting RFC directly seems OK to me although I haven't read the detail as yet.    

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

What is this and where are you seeing it mate?

The club sent an email around either yesterday or Monday.

It's basically an affiliate scheme. An org signs up with this affiliate platform provider and they offer a % of purchases as a cash back to your nominated org. So if I buy from JD Sports 2% of my purchase goes to my nominated organisation. It's done through a dashboard that is similar to a credit card rewards platform and you get offers, rewards and incentives based on how much you 'earn' your organisation.

They are a fairly new company and mainly community clubs use it as a fundraising tool. Club1872 used it as a revenue fundraising source but it looks as if the club have signed up to cut into that because you can only have one nominated organisation your purchases go towards. It's a bit odd we are using it because the other orgs signed up that I can see are Bowls Scotland, Elgin City, East Dumbartonshire FC, Lisburn Rangers, Swimming Scotland, Shetland Swimming Association, Larne FC, Netball Northern Ireland amongst others. 

Rumours abound about what goes on at 1872abound and IMO their lack of transparency has just fueled these rumours even more.

A thorough investigation conducted to by a reputable third party with the findings published may whilst be slightly embarrassing clear the air and set what should be a force for good amongst Rangers supporters once again upon the right road.

Those who seek to use this organisation to further their own manipulations would do well to stay clear or I can see this lot sinking without trace in the not to distant future if it is not to late already.

21 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Can we all agree that c1872 being THE major shareholder is damaging to us going forward? They cant offer continued investment at the levels we need.

What continued investment? The current investors have reached the end of their limits (unsurprisingly) and there’s a reason they’re asking fans for £6.5m at the moment. 

The club quite simply needs to be run on a more sustainable basis starting this summer. The current model cannot continue. 

29 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

What continued investment? The current investors have reached the end of their limits (unsurprisingly) and there’s a reason they’re asking fans for £6.5m at the moment. 

The club quite simply needs to be run on a more sustainable basis starting this summer. The current model cannot continue. 

One or 2 biggies going this summer eh?

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

Can’t wait to see him as chairman and his son as manager

Free pie or roll with every season ticket bought

He's literally saying there needs to be an EGM to vote out the club1872 board because there is no transparency there whilst at the same time refusing to name the people he will be putting forward to be the new board members

It's a strong word but I genuinely despise him, Dingwall and Chris Graham

It's genuinely sad that all this self interest just ruins what's probably the only opportunity we'll get to have a majority stake in the club to protect it going forward. Wanting the Bundesliga-like model to work here is probably fanciful, but after everything that happened it would have been great to see fans with the majority shareholding in the club.