Club 1872 Statement

Bronzy

15 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

He's literally saying there needs to be an EGM to vote out the club1872 board because there is no transparency there whilst at the same time refusing to name the people he will be putting forward to be the new board members

It's a strong word but I genuinely despise him, Dingwall and Chris Graham

I think the point here is not so much who the potential candidates are but that the decision as to whether they are elected to the board of directors at Club1872 will rest with the members themselves. Thats how CIC's as memebr led organisations are meant to operate.

19 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

I think the point here is not so much who the potential candidates are but that the decision as to whether they are elected to the board of directors at Club1872 will rest with the members themselves. Thats how CIC's as memebr led organisations are meant to operate.

I get that but he has been specifically asked who he will be putting forward and is refusing to answer

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

He's literally saying there needs to be an EGM to vote out the club1872 board because there is no transparency there whilst at the same time refusing to name the people he will be putting forward to be the new board members

It's a strong word but I genuinely despise him, Dingwall and Chris Graham

yup if i wasnt banned i would have loved to have taken this up with him i saw some ask him about it but got ignored

for some reason he gets unlimited free advertising on there while others get their threads chopped or even banned and has as many sycophants as dingwall and the other admins on there and besides surely having his son as the SLO and him on the board of c1872 would be a conflict on interests

5 hours ago, AGM_72 said:

It's genuinely sad that all this self interest just ruins what's probably the only opportunity we'll get to have a majority stake in the club to protect it going forward. Wanting the Bundesliga-like model to work here is probably fanciful, but after everything that happened it would have been great to see fans with the majority shareholding in the club. 

Fan 'ownership' is a double edged sword.  C1872 was pushing for 25%+1 vote so it could veto anything that is being voted on at general meetings.  The issue is that it does not and in the near future will not have anything like what is needed to reach that % of shares in the company.  Even if they did, it isn't inconceivable that in the future we reach a point where the company needs additional funding and the only way to do it is to issue new shares - if C1872 agree but don't have the cash to keep their % of shares, they would dilute their stake and could go under 25%+1.  If they voted against, we could be in financial trouble.

The infighting and division between different factions and people who align themselves to individuals/groups/pubs/forums or whatever is pathetic. 

10 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Cheers, I never got that (so far).

I honestly am lost with the terms of the whole thing. I have seen this from the start and could not explain despite having the source info. A breakdown in simple terms anyone?

14 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

What continued investment? The current investors have reached the end of their limits (unsurprisingly) and there’s a reason they’re asking fans for £6.5m at the moment. 

The club quite simply needs to be run on a more sustainable basis starting this summer. The current model cannot continue. 

You mean Dave king isn't the saviour of our club after all and has propped us up with loan after loan.......strange that this always gets overlooked - we are going back into a model that destroyed the previous company.

agreed about money requirements but businessmen can acquire funds at a level required easier than a fanbase can I would say. Fans will look to their own for investment, we need to be looking beyond propping us up when required and get new investment from those who have money behind them

9 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

You mean Dave king isn't the saviour of our club after all and has propped us up with loan after loan.......strange that this always gets overlooked - we are going back into a model that destroyed the previous company.

agreed about money requirements but businessmen can acquire funds at a level required easier than a fanbase can I would say. Fans will look to their own for investment, we need to be looking beyond propping us up when required and get new investment from those who have money behind them

I’ve read this 5 times now and still have absolutely no idea what you are on about.

All of our investors have provided loans to the tune of c.£70m since 2015, of which the vast majority has then been converted to equity. A residual amount remains outstanding as debt. 

So you seem to be both moaning about the model and also wanting more of it 🤷‍♂️

26 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I’ve read this 5 times now and still have absolutely no idea what you are on about.

All of our investors have provided loans to the tune of c.£70m since 2015, of which the vast majority has then been converted to equity. A residual amount remains outstanding as debt. 

So you seem to be both moaning about the model and also wanting more of it 🤷‍♂️

Not every businessman has Dave kings view on how to run a company. 

• 2 weeks later...