Club 1872 Statement

Bronzy

Just now, ianb1547 said:

1.       At a loss.....so hardly all his money back

2.    How many other Directors / shareholders of any UK club have done something similar?

So yes, I'll applaud him.....you are welcome to your own opinion Goat

I’ll applaud him if he hands these shares to club1872 and let them put the money into the club instead. 

47 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Wow. 

Incredible news.

Haven’t followed how much people are owed etc and what current shareholding sizes are too closely - is there a chance that by 2021/22ish Park would have a larger shareholding once loans are converted, also assuming he has to stump up quite a bit to come per the latest accounts?

31 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We’re in the middle of a global pandemic with no end in sight.

Trying to get 20,000 fans to stump up money to buy out a multi Millionaire will be a hard sell.

let’s be honest here, there is not a single chance of this happening.

Hard or not, the quicker the future of the club's guaranteed the better. Over 3 years I think we'll be surprised by how many take it up.

15 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

This is effectively paying Dave King back, right? Not that I'm against it in any way.

The control and influence which he holds is effectively being offered to the support for zero profit to him.

Look at it this way.

If the support could have mobilised and rustled up the money at the time, we’d have done so. He has effectively loaned us (interest free) the capital to secure the shares and the power they control.

If we win 55 (and throw in a cheeky wee treble), there will be no problem funding this.

46 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

King's just another cunt in a suit here to make money from Rangers ....

Was all i used to hear while arguing with them in the boardroom section back in the day.  When 55 is delivered, King should be unfurling the flag at Ibrox.

Just about dived in head first there 😂😂

11 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Unreal - I was far from a 'King-aling' but retrospectively looking back at what he has done he deserves a huge amount of praise. 

He's done what every Rangers supporter wanted to do at the time - the difference being he had the money and business background to pull it off.

Well done to him 👏👏👏

If Dave King was only interested in getting his money back then he would have sold at 50p, not the original purchase price of 20p. This is exactly why I stuck with this since it was Rangers First because I wanted to put money directly into Rangers and have if not a big say but a say nonetheless. It was ran down by many as a waste of time and money, if you want a say in your club its the only way you will unless you are one of the wealthy investors 😜 for just under 20 a month, a bargain imo 👍🇬🇧

As long as the right people are still involved and still willing to put money in aswell then it can only be a good thing full fan ownership is too dodgy we need people in who know what they are doing in the day to day running of our club

11 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

He's done what every Rangers supporter wanted to do at the time - the difference being he had the money and business background to pull it off.

Well done to him 👏👏👏

Absolutely.

As a fan who was a ST holder and didn't boycott, I was a bit sour about the way the takeover was concluded. But at the same time fuck those stinking rats who were in charge before.

34 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

The next 3 years will be interesting. Whie not entire fan ownership, majority ownership in conjunction with figures like Park could be veey beneficial to the club.

I’ll be absolutely shocked if Douglas Park is still involved at Rangers in 3 yrs time tbh.

More likely his son will step into his role.

38 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I’d need to be convinced they had overhauled their governance entirely before I put any money into them.

This kind of announcement worries me a little bit as it may entice them to get more members which wouldn’t force that change, which I think is vital for the organisation and Rangers itself.

What, like this announcement being made by Dingwall on FF and not in a statement by Club1872 or Rangers.

3 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Absolutely.

As a fan who was a ST holder and didn't boycott, I was a bit sour about the way the takeover was concluded. But at the same time fuck those stinking rats who were in charge before.

Without question mate - if the truth is told, the history of Rangers will shine a bright light on David King...