Club 1872 Statement

Bronzy

4 minutes ago, Fragglerock said:

Only issue I can see is how we allow the board to make decisions without having to run it by the supporters club who in effect will have to have a vote among its own members before a decision could be made, it could slow decision making down and affect the momentum. 

They'll have to appoint 1 or 2 or whatever onto the board - and they'll be the spokesman/decision makers for the largest shareholder group.

44 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I’d need to be convinced they had overhauled their governance entirely before I put any money into them.

This kind of announcement worries me a little bit as it may entice them to get more members which wouldn’t force that change, which I think is vital for the organisation and Rangers itself.

Totally agree on this one. 

A few will be licking their lips too.

1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

King's just another cunt in a suit here to make money from Rangers ....

Was all i used to hear while arguing with them in the boardroom section back in the day.  When 55 is delivered, King should be unfurling the flag at Ibrox.

The man deserves a statue for what he's done for us.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

No idea but why is he breaking the story and not Rangers or Club1872.

Thanks mate, I find that very strange myself. I just assumed the C1872 statement that was put up here was the first it was mentioned.

We will just have to wait and see I suppose, but Dingwall to me always seems trouble. 

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I agree with the point of governance etc and it’s over to them to step up to the plate if they want people to stump up that level of cash. 

But wrong end of the stick with Dingwall here. The statement went to all the press earlier this afternoon with a 6pm embargo. He wasn’t given it directly, can only speculate who did, and he broke the embargo throwing some plans into disarray. 

For a guy who has spent the best part of his live promoting fan ownership he seems firmly against this & his actions tonight leave a lot to be desired. 

I can only speculate as to why.

So his ego then.

What a surprise.

How does Club 1872 work? Do they hold your share from the money you contribute or are they simply a vehicle to manage/vote on your behalf? 

As in, if you stick £10k in, do you get £10k worth of Rangers shares, whose voting rights you've passed to Club1872? Or are you giving them £10k and in return you just get a vote on stuff but you don't *actually* own those shares personally? 

I should know this but when they came about via the merger in 2016 I cbf reading about them

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

How does Club 1872 work? Do they hold your share from the money you contribute or are they simply a vehicle to manage/vote on your behalf? 

As in, if you stick £10k in, do you get £10k worth of Rangers shares, whose voting rights you've passed to Club1872? Or are you giving them £10k and in return you just get a vote on stuff but you don't *actually* own those shares personally? 

I should know this but when they came about via the merger in 2016 I cbf reading about them

I would like to know that as well. 

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

The latter. 

7 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Who is the main fundraiser if the main shareholder group is finding £5 million a year for the actual shares? 

This really doesn't seem like particularly exciting news. Potential to be messy actually. 

Why now and not, say, end of the season? 

The external funding from investors was supposed to stop this summer but they’ve committed for an additional year. This will be the last year of funding from them. The club will be self sustaining moving from the summer onwards