Now that's what I call character

British_Empire

Being down twice, grinding out that win and being far from our best. 

Thought we were very sloppy bar 2/3 moves including the one for Arfield's winner which was absolutely sublime. Glad Roofe's poor effort with ten minutes to go never cost us.

Feels fantastic knowing we weren't even close to our best, but it was still enough against a Liege team (who I think) still had something to play for and were giving their absolute all.

I was worried after both Benfica games and losing the late goals and dropping the points in each of them games that it could derail us if our mindset wasn't 100%, however tonight will be the opposite in that that character shown (and the win from it) should give us an additional boost to keep our momentum going. 

Poznan next game, I want to win the group - but won't hold it against them if that's maybe a wee bridge too far with everything else going on around us.

Perfect feeling. Very satisfying win.

PS Michael Stewart sounds in tears on BBC Fenian.

I'll say it again...my booty could of cracked nuts tonight 🙈

But I am loving that it's upsetting the life out of them as well...it shouldn't matter, but knowing I can once again stroll into work with the biggest grin, makes me absolutely delighted.

How good is it to feel like this again?! 😃

2 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

I'll say it again...my booty could of cracked nuts tonight 🙈

But I am loving that it's upsetting the life out of them as well...it shouldn't matter, but knowing I can once again stroll into work with the biggest grin, makes me absolutely delighted.

How good is it to feel like this again?! 😃

Same. 

At full time (and I rarely house drink unless I've got guests) I went to get a beer from the fridge and my heart was absolutely racing and my t-shirt had them wee sweat marks at the arm pits. Was kicking everything under my laptop.

That was a poorest performance but in some ways or best!

To be able to be so shite (by our standards) and keep ourselves in the game through character is incredible.

That was an unbelieble result.

The character of this team is special.

4 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Was just waiting for us to win so I could start feeling sorry for him. 

Oh I don’t feel sorry for him, he took his chance and no doubt after his genital goal post interface he will walking like John Wayne after a week in ther saddle.

Crap performance - Morelos is retrograding this season, and needs to sharpen up quickly. I would give a run to Itten - needs to get a few goals in to boost his confidence.

Overall, second half in particular, we came back in it - and deserved to win by a few more. Well done to the players for digging it out. Quite a lot of teams will not like to draw us, would love Leicester.

8 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Desperate to win the group but more interested about making sure we have fresh legs to scud Dundee Utd. Tonight was excellent game management, let’s show some good season management and rotate in Poznań.

Gerrard has just basically echoed this mate. He was asked about winning the group and more or less hinted at the league being priority which is absolutely correct.

3 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Mentality is the difference. 

They weren't a better team than us last year but they believed they would win every game and we didn't.

It's the other way around now.

Except we are a better team than them this year. 

Archived