Balogun interview

Leftpegcoopz11

Very humble lad and doesn't try to kid the fans and mug us off. Describes the match as it was and a hard fought victory that wasn't always pleasing on the eye but the team got the job done. Nice to hear his views and talks like a good pro.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Very humble lad and doesn't try to kid the fans and mug us off. Describes the match as it was and a hard fought victory that wasn't always pleasing on the eye but the team got the job done. Nice to hear his views and talks like a good pro.

Did you see Scotty Arfield's interview, I've never seen a man smile so much through a conversation. Absolutely beaming he was

Just now, RockwellGers said:

Did you see Scotty Arfield's interview, I've never seen a man smile so much through a conversation. Absolutely beaming he was

Mate, honest to god, said about it on the gaffer interview thread and texted a few boys privately. Been feeling like shit recently, not been in a great place, but today was a lot better and after Scotty's interview I felt great. His enthusiasm and hyperness/happiness definitely cheered me up no end. Really positive vibe off him and Coisty remarked about it afterwards also. 

10 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Love him so much.

I'm still raging to this day the cunts on here and social media that thought he was shite and finished :lol: 

He offers us so much and has the mentality to back it up. 

I've said this before but defo worth repeating that a Parks Driver who took the team bus a couple of times for Old Firm games told me that Arfield was first one down the front with the CD with the decent'ish tunes (I say decent'ish cos you can't have songs about killing catholics but still get some decent tunes on the go - if you get my drift) saying "get that on driver" and pumping the bus up.

Love him.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Mate, honest to god, said about it on the gaffer interview thread and texted a few boys privately. Been feeling like shit recently, not been in a great place, but today was a lot better and after Scotty's interview I felt great. His enthusiasm and hyperness/happiness definitely cheered me up no end. Really positive vibe off him and Coisty remarked about it afterwards also. 

Yeah that was great what McCoist was saying. I've been pretty low as well mate, things have been improving though. Hope it picks up for you

5 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Yeah that was great what McCoist was saying. I've been pretty low as well mate, things have been improving though. Hope it picks up for you

Cheers bud, you too mate. If you need any general advice or that feel free to drop me a PM. Been through a lot of this sort of stuff and it's swings and roundabouts mate, all about managing it.

12 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Good on you for owning upto feeling like shit and not being in a good place.

I can't really relate because it's not really me and the way I feel, but the feeling I get is that even though it's hard for you to even type that out on an open forum, it's still good folk are because the stigma around this stuff is slowly but surely vanishing.

I know it's an old cliche but a problem shared is a problem halved.

I know I've been the brunt of jokes on here for it before but my Auntie is the best person in my life and my sort of "therapy" for want of a better word is that anything that's on my mind, I say it to her and minute I've said it, the pressure is right off my shoulders (even if it's nothing she can help me with). 

If it's people you respect and trust then it's cool - get it spilled and move on.

Sometimes that's all it takes is just to get it off your shoulders and more often than not, it's not really a massive issue, but the mental state means you just need it shared.

13 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Chin up mate👍

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Good on you for dealing upto feeling like shit and not in a good place.

I can't relate because it's not really me and I'm lucky but the feeling I get is that even though it's hard to even type that out on an open forum, it's good folk are because the stigma is slowly but surely vanishing.

I know it's an old cliche but a problem shared is a problem halved.

I know I've been the brunt of jokes on here for it before but my Auntie is the best person in my life and my sort of "therapy" for want of a better word is anything that's on my mind, I say it to her and minute I've said it, the pressure is right off my shoulders even if it's nothing she can help me with. 

Sometimes that's all it takes is just to get it off your shoulders and more often than not, it's not really a massive issue, but the mental state means you just need it shared.

Cheers bud:tu:

As you rightly say, there is a stigma attached and people can feel a bit embarrassed to open up about things. I was guilty of that myself for years but the last few years have changed that and now I open up a lot more but that's not to say I never revert to type and bottle things up for a while. 

I know exactly what you mean about when you speak to your aunt, miniscule things you might have a doubt about you will tell her and she'll put it into perspective and say what you are hoping to hear most times. Just hearing it from someone else puts your mind at ease.

I find it easier chatting on here or to randoms in the gym or work than I do to those closest me, learned not to be so trusting of colleagues though.

3 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Cheers bud, you too mate. If you need any general advice or that feel free to drop me a PM. Been through a lot of this sort of stuff and it's swings and roundabouts mate, all about managing it.

I was on a low too - right up to the point where tlb joined me.

4 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Love him so much.

I'm still raging to this day the cunts on here and social media that thought he was shite and finished :lol: 

I've said this before but defo worth repeating that a Parks Driver who took the team bus a couple of times for Old Firm games told me that Arfield was first one down the front with the CD with the decent'ish tunes (I say decent'ish cos you can't have songs about killing catholics but still get some decent tunes on the go - if you get my drift) saying "get that on driver" and pumping the bus up.

Love him.

When Burnley won promotion he was belting out Simply The Best 😂 

What a great signing he has been.

Couldn’t have anticipated Katic injury, Helander’s Covid or Edmundson’s stupidity but thank fuck someone at Ibrox did.

Speaks well, good solid pro, role model to the kids, fine ambassador for the club.

The comparison between him and Duffy could not be more extreme but then we signed on talent, experience and merit not cultural and religious grounds.

6 hours ago, plumbGER said:

As you rightly say, there is a stigma attached and people can feel a bit embarrassed to open up about things. I was guilty of that myself for years but the last few years have changed that and now I open up a lot more but that's not to say I never revert to type and bottle things up for a while. 

I know exactly what you mean about when you speak to your aunt, miniscule things you might have a doubt about you will tell her and she'll put it into perspective and say what you are hoping to hear most times. Just hearing it from someone else puts your mind at ease.

I find it easier chatting on here or to randoms in the gym or work than I do to those closest me, learned not to be so trusting of colleagues though.

Stay strong bud.

Even though we are all randoms on an internet forum we are right behind you.

9 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Agree with every word mate.

I realised late in life that I suffered from severe anxiety and stress, and have basically done so all my life when I started to look back. Only started managing it in the last 10 years.

Keep the head up and fight on big man. Oh aye, and don't trust the fuckers at work!

On 04/12/2020 at 03:02, plumbGER said:

Depression, anxiety and other related conditions are terrible things, I've seen loved ones and close friends battle these demons.

There is always light at the end of that tunnel though, no matter how dark it might seem at times.

Just talking about it on here is a really big achievement and a positive sign. 

My thoughts are with you mate.

On 04/12/2020 at 02:41, British_Empire said:

Love him so much.

Love him.

He was playing like he was. Not having international football has been such a benefit. He’s been fantastic this season. 

Archived