Nine Dundee Utd Players in Self Isolation

BearInTheToon

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It seems a strange time of year to take a team photo and in the middle of Covid, if it was just a few days ago it is mental.

27th of November they got together to take the photo. Only a few days before the positive tests came back. Then theres the breaches at the St Andrew's training centre.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just reading about that Dundee United team photo on The Courier website (I assume that's a local paper?).

I wasn't sure at first how it would land them in shite, but the article says the only time players and staff are exempt from the 2-metre distancing rule is when playing and training (obviously) and at all other times they need to distance and/or wear masks (travelling, functions, signings etc). 

Didn't know that.

Even if they have broke the rules (and it looks like they have) it raises a couple of issues regards us

1- Would they be charged, their case heard and their punishment dished out before we play them next weekend? because if not (and they get a 3-0 reverse defeat awarded to us) we'll have played the game before they get round to hearing their case. What if we win 4-0 for example, but have a goal removed from us? and playing the game when we shouldn't have, means we could have potentially played a weakened team in Poznan and missed out on winning the group and 1.5-million in prize money (1-million for winning the group and half a million for the 3-points in the group)

2- There's an appeals process. If they do fast-track any disciplinary process, award us 3-0, they appeal and they win on appeal and all of a sudden it's us with a fixture backlog and needing to squeeze a game in somewhere after potentially Celtic claw back 3-points on us.

None of it through any fault of our own. 

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

This team photo was taken 3 days before the outbreak. There is also evidence of no adherence to the covid rules at their training ground at St Andrews.

I doubt this weekends game is going ahead now and probably our game following that.

They are in deep shit.

Dundee-United-team-photo-e1607100694370-940x564.jpg

There is 33 players in that photo so why won't the game go ahead tomorrow if they are only missing 9

28 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Just reading about that Dundee United team photo on The Courier website (I assume that's a local paper?).

I wasn't sure at first how it would land them in shite, but the article says the only time players and staff are exempt from the 2-metre distancing rule is when playing and training (obviously) and at all other times they need to distance and/or wear masks (travelling, functions, signings etc). 

Didn't know that.

Even if they have broke the rules (and it looks like they have) it raises a couple of issues regards us

1- Would they be charged, their case heard and their punishment dished out before we play them next weekend? because if not (and they get a 3-0 reverse defeat awarded to us) we'll have played the game before they get round to hearing their case. What if we win 4-0 for example, but have a goal removed from us? and playing the game when we shouldn't have, means we could have potentially played a weakened team in Poznan and missed out on winning the group and 1.5-million in prize money (1-million for winning the group and half a million for the 3-points in the group)

2- There's an appeals process. If they do fast-track any disciplinary process, award us 3-0, they appeal and they win on appeal and all of a sudden it's us with a fixture backlog and needing to squeeze a game in somewhere after potentially celtic claw back 3-points on us.

They share a bus to games as do all teams if it's the case it's only training and games that the 2 metre rule doesn't count then all teams are in the shit

Just now, soulboy said:

They share a bus to games as do all teams if it's the case it's only training and games that the 2 metre rule doesn't count then all teams are in the shit

Not really because on the team buses there's still social distancing where it's a coach and only a fraction of the seats are in use.

9 minutes ago, soulboy said:

There is 33 players in that photo so why won't the game go ahead tomorrow if they are only missing 9

It's not the number of players currently isolating that's the issue. It's the breaking of covid procedures by having a team photo taken when you are not allowed to, especially when 3 days later there is positive tests been had by some in that photo.

7 hours ago, hammer93 said:

How do you work that out when Helander is a positive test?

You know what I mean. This further proves we’ve been lucky. Wouldn’t take much for one player to spread through the whole team. The club are obviously following protocols and long may it continue 

5 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

You know what I mean. This further proves we’ve been lucky. Wouldn’t take much for one player to spread through the whole team. The club are obviously following protocols and long may it continue 

I guess how if one case becomes 3 or 4....we are certainly lucky that Helander is an isolated case

3 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Not really because on the team buses there's still social distancing where it's a coach and only a fraction of the seats are in use.

Windows need to be kept open on buses coz of Covid coz you cant stay 2m apart as one of the government rules. Would be fucking freezing when the bus is booting it along the motorway, so I could maybe see some players shutting the windows. 

I cant remember being on many coaches where the windows open like they do on buses/trains. Coaches usually have those air conditioning vents above your head so I dont know how that would work??

Any bus drivers on here?

3 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Windows need to be kept open on buses coz of Covid coz you cant stay 2m apart as one of the government rules. Would be fucking freezing when the bus is booting it along the motorway, so I could maybe see some players shutting the windows. 

I cant remember being on many coaches where the windows open like they do on buses/trains. Coaches usually have those air conditioning vents above your head so I dont know how that would work??

Any bus drivers on here?

No opening windows on team coach.  Players will be required to sit alone at least a row apart and wear masks.    Will depend on Covid protocol as set out by the authorities.

12 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Didn't know that.

2- There's an appeals process. If they do fast-track any disciplinary process, award us 3-0, they appeal and they win on appeal and all of a sudden it's us with a fixture backlog and needing to squeeze a game in somewhere after potentially Celtic claw back 3-points on us.

The possibility of 3-0 losses being awarded wouldn’t kick in because they breach covid regs, it would only kick in if the match was postponed because of covid cases and then they are found guilty of breaching covid regs in the lead up to the postponed game.

So if the match is played then there’s no issue. They just play with a weakened team.

19 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

The possibility of 3-0 losses being awarded wouldn’t kick in because they breach covid regs, it would only kick in if the match was postponed because of covid cases and then they are found guilty of breaching covid regs in the lead up to the postponed game.

So if the match is played then there’s no issue. They just play with a weakened team.

Aye that's a fair point. But I was meaning from the point of view if the game is immediately postponed if they discover in the coming days that they broke rules or the possibility of them maybe getting someone sent off today or a couple of injuries and it takes the squad pool below 13.

Maybe they wouldn't postpone the game in the coming days if they broke the rules and I'm just over-thinking that one but there's defo a concern on the other point regards injuries or suspensions. 

23 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Honestly can't see how they're allowed to play any of the squad in the photograph. Can hardly get more close contact of an entire squad than that, and I'm pretty sure that'll have taken 15 mins plus to snap that pic.

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Jason Leitch has slammed them and told the SPFL to act over the photo.

Be interesting to see if the Livi game goes ahead.

Really should be both games postponed and 3 nil defeats tbh.

Agreed with you but I've still got this lingering annoyance due to the appeals process that they'd appeal it and they don't get the 3-0 defeat on the appeal and we've then got a fixture to squeeze in (while Celtic claw back ground on us in the meantime) and it's really us that's lost out here. 

The only shining light is that the committee that was made-up to dish out the 3-0's in the other games the other day is apparently a top judge who's career has been spent sitting in on sporting disputes and top lawyers rather than some jumped up wee SPFL chairmen dishing out punishments so the 3-0's must have a lot of merit and stand up to scrutiny given who's dished them out as punishments.

Archived