Nine Dundee Utd Players in Self Isolation

BearInTheToon

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, British_Empire said:

If they've broke rules they won't get hammered sadly because they never had any games postponed due to positive tests/people having to isolate due to the stupidity. 

This is just a case of wishful thinking and to be honest kinda boring for me now.

I'll take anything the SPFL wants to give us and any advantages the virus gives us considering what happened last season and the precedent that it set but maybe it's just me but I don't feel like I've the energy to keep going what if/what about them every 2 minutes. 

its boring, the rules contradict themselves all over the place. 

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

its boring, the rules contradict themselves all over the place. 

I know. 

It's hard to keep track. Just started to find it tiresome. 

I suppose it was easier to just enjoy this mess and want the Scottish game to rip itself to shreds when we were shite, getting shafted and not looking like winning anything.

When you're on top and flying I guess your perspective changes a wee bit. 

Looking at that Celtic team photo, if they've broke rules on it, it doesn't even excite me anymore because there's no 3-0's that can be awarded off the back of it, they'll probably get a 20k fine and it will be another nail in the coffin regards the SPFL and/or the SNP just scrapping the football. That's why I don't see any real benefit in some of these "look at them" examples.

12 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Surprised helander didn't at least close contact with someone in our squad 

Apparently you need to be in close contact for at least 15mins, but even then, yeah, you would expect him to have passed it on to at least one other person. He hasn't been playing the last few weeks though, so I guess the social distance shit is working. 

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

If they've broke rules they won't get hammered sadly because they never had any games postponed due to positive tests/people having to isolate due to the stupidity.

Agreed, and I assumed it was also from the start of the season, but it's still not going to stop me winding up my scum-supporting mate by suggesting they'll have to forfeit the cup final as a 3-0 loss to Hearts as a result.

craig-levin.jpg

7 hours ago, esquire8 said:

As I said, surely doubtful the games for them go ahead now and punishment by forfeit should happen. It's clearly not only 9 players in close contact. 

Sounds like they've breached the agreement between the government and the spfl so they should forfeit . 

On one hand its a guaranteed 3 points , on the other , there's every chance we would score more than the 3-0 result . The question is , would the tarrier meltdown make up for it :lol:

3 hours ago, British_Empire said:

This is just a case of wishful thinking and to be honest kinda boring for me now.

I'll take anything the SPFL wants to give us and any advantages the virus gives us considering what happened last season and the precedent that it set but maybe it's just me but I don't feel like I've the energy to keep going what if/what about them every 2 minutes. 

It would be funny if they all got riddled due to these mugshots 

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Surely they'd be floored by now if the photo was taken almost 3-weeks ago? 

Yes, I would think so but if DU are to get punished then surely the beasts need punished regardless of Tiers?

do we know if we’ve done any squad photos like this ?

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Yes, I would think so but if DU are to get punished then surely the beasts need punished regardless of Tiers?

do we know if we’ve done any squad photos like this ?

They should be punished but since the games were played with no postponements then it won't be any sort of major punishment and not really one that would benefit us.

If the SPFL/SFA acted properly when they photo was took almost 3-weeks ago, then Hibs game would (or should) have been a 3-0 award because I'd imagine the whole lot of them would have to isolate as a precuation? 

8 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

They should be punished but since the games were played with no postponements then it won't be any sort of major punishment and not really one that would benefit us.

If the SPFL/SFA acted properly when they photo was took almost 3-weeks ago, then Hibs game would (or should) have been a 3-0 award because I'd imagine the whole lot of them would have to isolate as a precuation? 

Scotland’s clinical director Jason Leitch has said a photograph showing Dundee United staff and players huddled together is a “clear breach” of government guidelines.

Professor Leitch, Scotland’s most senior public health advisor, said the club must face severe punishment for allowing the group photo to take place.

If DU get done then the beasts need punished regardless of when 

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Scotland’s clinical director Jason Leitch has said a photograph showing Dundee United staff and players huddled together is a “clear breach” of government guidelines.

Professor Leitch, Scotland’s most senior public health advisor, said the club must face severe punishment for allowing the group photo to take place.

If DU get done then the beasts need punished regardless of when 

I'm not saying they won't or shouldn't get punished. I'm just saying the punishment won't be anything to get excited about as it will be relative to the fact that no games have been postponed and it didn't effect anyone in any matches etc.

Expect a 40k fine or something. It would usually be suspended but I'm guessing since they have previous for failures with Bolingoli it will stick but that will probably be the extent of it - sadly.

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Butcher, Clark, Foderingham and Bolton I think are the only regulars that were missing today. No idea how good or shite they are tbh apart from the fact Clark has scored a few this season.

butcher was suspended i think there was only 2 regulars missing clarke and bolton

11 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I'm not saying they won't or shouldn't get punished. I'm just saying the punishment won't be anything to get excited about as it will be relative to the fact that no games have been postponed and it didn't effect anyone in any matches etc.

Expect a 40k fine or something. It would usually be suspended but I'm guessing since they have previous for failures with Bolingoli it will stick but that will probably be the extent of it - sadly.

Nah fuck that their 2 fixtures after the photo was taken should be overturned to 3-0 defeats. 

6 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Nah fuck that their 2 fixtures after the photo was taken should be overturned to 3-0 defeats. 

Suppose if you were Hibs (I think the other game within that period might have been Ross County anyway so no point) they could argue should the SPFL have took the correct action at the time, that's what would have happened so why not apply it retrospectively - but I just don't think that would be legal or in their framework. Would be good though.

It would also need involve Hibs fighting against the tarriers - which no-one in Scottish football will do, so it kinda rules it out.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Suppose if you were Hibs (I think the other game within that period might have been Ross County anyway so no point) they could argue should the SPFL have took the correct action at the time, that's what would have happened so why not apply it retrospectively - but I just don't think that would be legal or in their framework. Would be good though.

It would also need involve Hibs fighting against the tarriers - which no-one in Scottish football will do, so it kinda rules it out.

If they end up retrospectively punishing Dundee Utd, even if they overturn their 2-0 defeat to a 3-0 then surely the same must apply to the tarriers, think it will depend on how much pressure the Scottish government apply to the SPFL to sanction these clubs, that’s 3 times now the taigs or players have breached protocols and the shameless bastards still have a cheek to question the Christie, Elyounoussi and Ajer decisions, if ever a club deserved to be absolutely riddled with covid due to a complete disregard of the rules it’s them, here’s hoping it catches up with them soon. 

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

If they end up retrospectively punishing Dundee Utd, even if they overturn their 2-0 defeat to a 3-0 then surely the same must apply to the tarriers, think it will depend on how much pressure the Scottish government apply to the SPFL to sanction these clubs, that’s 3 times now the taigs or players have breached protocols and the shameless bastards still have a cheek to question the Christie, Elyounoussi and Ajer decisions, if ever a club deserved to be absolutely riddled with covid due to a complete disregard of the rules it’s them, here’s hoping it catches up with them soon. 

They can't do that though mate, because Dundee United didn't need to postpone yesterday's game despite the isolations - they still fielded their team and it was quite strong, only 3 first team regulars missing, maybe 4, but one of them would have been suspended anyway.

16 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

They can't do that though mate, because Dundee United didn't need to postpone yesterday's game despite the isolations - they still fielded their team and it was quite strong, only 3 first team regulars missing, maybe 4, but one of them would have been suspended anyway.

I was thinking it would be a punishment for breaching protocols though? There has to be punishments for clubs who continually break the rules surely, but then this is Scotland we play in. 

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I was thinking it would be a punishment for breaching protocols though? There has to be punishments for clubs who continually break the rules surely, but then this is Scotland we play in. 

Yeah I get your point mate but I think they'd have to make up a new rule to do it though. 

Maybe someone can correct me, but my understanding is that the 3-0's can only be awarded as a punishment if a game get's postponed due to rule breaches and you don't have 13-players to play any given match. 

I honestly don't think it can be applied to any other scenario.

Which is maybe a good thing tbh, because, as you say - this is Scotland we play in. Just think of the carte blanche that would give the cunts if we fell foul to any of their stupid wee confusing rules if we're about to stop their 10.

Archived