Celtics "title" last year

RDB14

I realise we are on a high just now but this should not be forgotten and we let go of this far too easily.  Celtics recent run of form just proves the point.  It's basically the same team they had last year.  We still had to play them twice and I'd love to hear what those who said there was no way celtic would drop the other 4 points even if we won both old firms have to say now.  

Just another tainted title and they should be reminded at every opportunity.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

I realise we are on a high just now but this should not be forgotten and we let go of this far too easily.  Celtics recent run of form just proves the point.  It's basically the same team they had last year.  We still had to play them twice and I'd love to hear what those who said there was no way celtic would drop the other 4 points even if we won both old firms have to say now.  

Just another tainted title and they should be reminded at every opportunity.

They were given 8 games & a title

And we were deducted 9 games, 2 against them.

But there again, that's why my granddad said - never trust them......

Aye. Still annoys me. I'd lost any real hope we'd actually claw it back by that point but we had a game in hand, they had us to play another twice and both Hibs and Livi away from home as well. Their fans still weren't overly confident even being 13 clear. 

They basically just postponed their implosion by 6 months. 

34 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

No chance we'd have won it anyway, we were in complete freefall before COVID-19 hit. 

The only argument I would put against this is if we resumed the league behind closed doors.....we have adapted to it better than the taigs....whether we had enough time I don't know but if you take the Portuguese league.....Benfica were 8pts clear I think before lockdown....Porto went on to win the league easy....anything was possible as unlikely as it looked at the time

Best thing we can do is win this title and consign their tainted 9 to history forever as the 9 that was won off the pitch . We can look back on the Laudrup goal that secured ours forever whereas theirs was done in a boardroom with dodgy dealings everywhere. 

I'd have liked the chance at least to see how we would have done if the season was completed. 

The way scum fc acted during the whole thing was a disgrace. Lennon out right after lockdown demanding the title and the celebrations afterwards.

Past now. This season we just need to keep winning games and do 55 on the pitch. Let that lot tear themselves apart. 

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

No chance we'd have won it anyway, we were in complete freefall before COVID-19 hit. 

It's sport, you can never say never. Who foresaw their massive deterioration this season? Should never, ever have been awarded that title.  "Sporting integrity" out the window. 

2 minutes ago, Amato said:

It's sport, you can never say never. Who foresaw their massive deterioration this season? Should never, ever have been awarded that title.  "Sporting integrity" out the window. 

They'd have won it with 20+ points if it carried on. 

People have conveniently glossed over how bad we were at the time. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

They'd have won it with 20+ points if it carried on. 

People have conveniently glossed over how bad we were at the time. 

You might well be right. But we'll never know. Which is just wrong.

I genuinely cant wait till 2 January till we pump them. 

I notice all the pundits are saying that we are 11 points ahead but they have 2 games in hand.

Absolutely nobody was saying we had a game in hand and we still had to play them twice last season. 

So if we won the games in our control it was 4 points with 6 games to go. 

It's disgusting you cannot just give a title that hasn't been won, even in scottish football I can't believe it happened.

What's worse though, the media and unfortunately some of our fans cover it up. Don't mention it, when they do say it was over anyway and worst of all legitimise it as an achievement by talking about stopping "the ten".

Archived