English Opponents - Europa League

Scouse_Legend

Possible English Opponents   

150 members have voted

1. 1. If we were to draw an English side in Europe in the knockout stages, who would you want?

• Arsenal
    • Spurs
    • Leicester

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

Haven't watched EPL for the best part of 10 years but if Arsenal still play the same style of football we could have a lot of joy on the counter, provided last night was a one off for our defence.

They don't. They play more defensive and they're shite defensively :lol: 

To be honest, I want a big team in the next round. 

A team we go toe to toe with, but their quality just shines through so we can then focus on the domestic side.

Having fans back would make it even more special playing a Man Utd or Real Madrid.

Just now, GabrielTomato said:

To be honest, I want a big team in the next round. 

A team we go toe to toe with, but their quality just shines through so we can then focus on the domestic side.

Having fans back would make it even more special playing a Man Utd or Real Madrid.

Basically you want us to get beat in the next round and the last bit of your post is pointless

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Basically you want us to get beat in the next round and the last bit of your post is pointless

I'd take us beating Madrid or United at home first, with fans, then just falling short in the second leg. 

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Best chance of beating Arsenal, so Arsenal.

Ideally none of them but agree Arsenal  would present the best chance of going through.   Leicester and Spurs are too good on the counter which would probably expose us.

31 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Man United.

Fuck, forgot to add they scummy cunts.

I remember playing them in the champions league and Phil Neville of all people scored, beat us 1-0 at ibrox. I was sitting in the Copland and one of our players missed a sitter right in front of me. Can't think who it was though?

Said it in the group thread ages ago, would be typical to get a London team when no or little fans, with no chance of tickets.

I work with a few Gooners and Spurs fans, i know in 'normal' times i could get a ticket if paired with either.

But, hopefully, it could be a possibility every year going forward, either CL or EL.

3 minutes ago, Scouse_Legend said:

Thats the list so far mate.... Still a few to come from the CL too when the standings are confirmed on the final matchdays. Plenty of top sides there, exciting stuff!

Screenshot_20201204-220543_Chrome.jpg

Outside of 4 or 5 there’s really nothing to fear. 

Archived