English Opponents - Europa League

Scouse_Legend

Possible English Opponents   

150 members have voted

1. 1. If we were to draw an English side in Europe in the knockout stages, who would you want?

• Arsenal
    • Spurs
    • Leicester

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GabrielTomato said:

To be honest, I want a big team in the next round. 

A team we go toe to toe with, but their quality just shines through so we can then focus on the domestic side.

Having fans back would make it even more special playing a Man Utd or Real Madrid.

Find it hard to believe you are genuinely saying you want us to go out next round. Pathetic if you're for real!

21 minutes ago, Amato said:

Find it hard to believe you are genuinely saying you want us to go out next round. Pathetic if you're for real!

I'd rather focus our attention on the League now, it's the most important competition like our own Manager has said. 

Anything now is a bonus, but I know I'd rather not be distracted by the Europa League in our quest to win 55. 

Is that pathetic?

Just now, GabrielTomato said:

I'd rather focus our attention on the League now, it's the most important competition like our own Manager has said. 

Anything now is a bonus, but I know I'd rather not be distracted by the Europa League in our quest to win 55. 

Is that pathetic?

It is a bit imo. I think being in the Europa lifts the team and think of the confidence we would take if we knocked out a big team rather than "just" losing. And progress through a couple more rounds and we can start considering ourselves as outside contenders for the whole thing.

Anyway, I know deep down there's no way if we're drawing with, say, Arsenal, you'll want us to go out on penalties.

When we top the group come Thursday there won't be any English sides we can meet as I expect them all to top their groups.

For the sake of the thread, i'd like a go at Arsenal, but i'd rather just avoid all English sides as we could be doing without the circus that brings this season.

Archived