Kai Kennedy

TerryTibbs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Think he is being a wee dick about his wage demands.

Would be good if he decided to stay, but if he is going to be a disruptive influence get him to fuck.

However it works out, ill trust the clubs handling of it.

I think it is more to do with playing time than wages. He does look a good young prospect.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I think it is more to do with playing time than wages. He does look a good young prospect.

Fair enough. He will have to be seriously special to potentially break through our midfield at the moment.

If we were to win the league this year, and possibly look to cash in on some players like Kamara for instance, i would not be against looking to replace them with some of the better prospects from the youth set up.

Would get our finances in shape and give some of the local kids something to aim for.

36 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I was involved in a conversation with a Rangers Coach and he said when he arrived he could not believe how self-entitled our Youth players were.

Said their attitudes were unbelievable.

Must be rather challenging having to deal with that kind of entitlement & attitude but way of the world now unfortunately.  

Getting the right balance in discipline coaching & management would be a fine line I’d guess.  

43 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I was involved in a conversation with a Rangers Coach and he said when he arrived he could not believe how self-entitled our Youth players were.

Same for most young people in fairness. Shocked at the attitude of some folk on our graduate programme.

14 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Must be rather challenging having to deal with that kind of entitlement & attitude but way of the world now unfortunately.  

Getting the right balance in discipline coaching & management would be a fine line I’d guess.  

12 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Same for most young people in fairness. Shocked at the attitude of some folk on our graduate programme.

Complaining about other teams changing rooms, length of grass on pitches and dry pitches.

He said he’d have them back cleaning boots and sweeping stadiums like they used to do.

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

If he's no gonna sign a new contract he can gtf. 

I also have my doubts about his ability playing at championship level in Scotland he isn't going to get near our match day squad currently 

He is 18. He is playing exactly where he should be for his development.

34 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

If he's no gonna sign a new contract he can gtf. 

I also have my doubts about his ability playing at championship level in Scotland he isn't going to get near our match day squad currently 

was going to say the same thing i watched the whole game he was very good in the 1st half but faded in 2nd tried to be too clever at times  he has talent he is only there till jan   i would leave him till end of season  it is a tough league physically and it will toughen him up  reminds me a bit of barrie mckay when he first came on the scene

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

He is 18. He is playing exactly where he should be for his development.

Really if he signs his new deal what next. You can't go from that to our squad. 18 or not he needs to show he has the talent to be apart of our club going forward playing championship level football proves nothing to me anyway. 

I'd expect Glen Middleton to look just as good at that level and imo Middleton had no future at Rangers 

Decent wee player and would rather he just fuckup and sign a new deal.

But I'll not lose any sleep over it if he moves on either.

Having seen the way Gerrard and his team can improve players it will be his loss if he thinks he's entitled to more than we think he's worth.

The only youth we've lost out on leaving in recent years (that I can think of) is probably only Billy Gilmour.

11 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Complaining about other teams changing rooms, length of grass on pitches and dry pitches.

He said he’d have them back cleaning boots and sweeping stadiums like they used to do.

Think he’s had a massive reality check. refused to sign a new contract because there was supposed interest from Man City & Roma, now finds himself playing in Inverness. 

24 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Think he’s had a massive reality check. refused to sign a new contract because there was supposed interest from Man City & Roma, now finds himself playing in Inverness. 

Not saying it was KK he was talking about but the coach ( not difficult to work out) said he couldn’t believe the attitudes some of younger players had. He said Gerrard was disgusted too.

12 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A definite aspect we’ve lost, and I don’t really know how we bring it back in today’s age, is the work ethic in youth football. 

Anyone who listens/watches Simon Ferry’s interviews (if you don’t, give it a try it’s a really good insight in the majority - if you can sift through the tim loving aspect) will know where I’m coming from. All you hear from the ex-pros is about scrubbing boots, cleaning, running errands and how they were so in awe of the senior players. Takes away the entitlement and built character. I suppose the only real replacement for that these days is shifting the youngsters out on loan to somewhere like Inverness where they’re made to see what it looks like if you don’t apply yourself.

2 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

A definite aspect we’ve lost, and I don’t really know how we bring it back in today’s age, is the work ethic in youth football. 

Anyone who listens/watches Simon Ferry’s interviews (if you don’t, give it a try it’s a really good insight in the majority - if you can sift through the tim loving aspect) will know where I’m coming from. All you hear from the ex-pros is about scrubbing boots, cleaning, running errands and how they were so in awe of the senior players. Takes away the entitlement and built character. I suppose the only real replacement for that these days is shifting the youngsters out on loan to somewhere like Inverness where they’re made to see what it looks like if you don’t apply yourself.

The ‘Pro-Youth’ generation.

Archived