A Rare Foray into The Bears Den

Big V

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Hagi will hit a bit of form at some point, with things going well it's lifted the pressure off him a little this season.

Just hope he's learning from some great players at the club right now I think he will be great asset but not on the same level as his dad who was up there with the games greatest ever players in history.

5 hours ago, Big V said:

Hello hello all. Been a while. 

I haven't caught up recently so forgive me if I am beating a dead horse here but I came to acquire a sort of barometer of the people's opinion on the state of play.

Essentially, I would like to pose a few statements/questions and basically see if people feel similar. I may elaborate on my thoughts later in thread.

The first: "Big Stevie G: Media Handling 100% - the way that man conducts himself so well and so consistently is both laudable and a valuable asset for the club."

The second: "The Rangers are starting to feel like the real deal: this is a GOOD team."

The third: "Hagi:  One day he might surpass his dad."

The fourth: "A ten-in-a-row-bursting league title win: just how high up the legendary status will that put this team and their manager?"

The last: "G-Shrek's Gang: LOL"

Hope you all are doing well, or as well as can be expected in these surreal times.

1. Yes, he's very professional
  2. Yes, this is a good team, I would like to see how they fair in the Champions League.
  3. Only time will tell, I just wish they'd let him be his own man and stop comparing him to his dad.
  4. They be labeled as hero's but the journey doesn't stop there. Rangers will need to work thier way up in Europe.
  5. What's that suppose to mean?

6 hours ago, Big V said:

Hello hello all. Been a while. 

I haven't caught up recently so forgive me if I am beating a dead horse here but I came to acquire a sort of barometer of the people's opinion on the state of play.

Essentially, I would like to pose a few statements/questions and basically see if people feel similar. I may elaborate on my thoughts later in thread.

The first: "Big Stevie G: Media Handling 100% - the way that man conducts himself so well and so consistently is both laudable and a valuable asset for the club."

The second: "The Rangers are starting to feel like the real deal: this is a GOOD team."

The third: "Hagi:  One day he might surpass his dad."

The fourth: "A ten-in-a-row-bursting league title win: just how high up the legendary status will that put this team and their manager?"

The last: "G-Shrek's Gang: LOL"

Hope you all are doing well, or as well as can be expected in these surreal times.

FUCK OFF just saying in bold 

I think Hagi may turn out to be a lot better than some people in this thread have opined. He has some development to do obviously, for me a lot of that is psychological, he has a lot of heart and ambition - once his mentality is where it should be he will shine. I honestly think we saw these signs last season. He's having a mare so far this season, but we all know that's happened to a few in the squad and virtually all of them are flying now. 

3 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

I think Hagi may turn out to be a lot better than some people in this thread have opined. He has some development to do obviously, for me a lot of that is psychological, he has a lot of heart and ambition - once his mentality is where it should be he will shine. I honestly think we saw these signs last season. He's having a mare so far this season, but we all know that's happened to a few in the squad and virtually all of them are flying now. 

Will give him time but when he came into the squad it was on a downward spiral (not sure the exact date he joined but guessing it wasn’t start of January). Was maybe easier coming to an underperforming team and being that bright spark rather than trying to get yourself into a team thats flying 

2 hours ago, Barasa said:

Don't know the guy, but low likes % for the post count. Must be a bore?

You've been posting roughly the same amount of time so should remember him. Vinny was his username IIRC and back then you could get negative likes on the forum so one controversial post could decimate someones reputation score. Also back in a time when there wasn't too much to cheer about so downvotes were common as fuck.

To jog your memory I'm pretty sure he's the guy who actively tried to get TBB back in to the songbook with a word change but got shot down in the end. Never really posted much after that I don't think. 

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

Will give him time but when he came into the squad it was on a downward spiral (not sure the exact date he joined but guessing it wasn’t start of January). Was maybe easier coming to an underperforming team and being that bright spark rather than trying to get yourself into a team thats flying 

Sometimes the timing affects certain types of players and they have a bad spell due to it. When we first fully signed Kent he was disappointing for a while, poor decision making, losing the ball and runs not coming off for him. I know that's not really comparable to Hagi since Kent had already shown us a lot during his loan spell, we knew it was going to click again once he signed the contract (and it didn't take long).

Barisic is probably the best example, he hadn't proved himself and looked poor for about a season (I think), was written off on here. Then he clicked, and how. Jury is out on Hagi but I think he is going to show what he is made of in time.

7 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Sometimes the timing affects certain types of players and they have a bad spell due to it. When we first fully signed Kent he was disappointing for a while, poor decision making, losing the ball and runs not coming off for him. I know that's not really comparable to Hagi since Kent had already shown us a lot during his loan spell, we knew it was going to click again once he signed the contract (and it didn't take long).

Barisic is probably the best example, he hadn't proved himself and looked poor for about a season (I think), was written off on here. Then he clicked, and how. Jury is out on Hagi but I think he is going to show what he is made of in time.

Whilst I don’t disagree with what you say, barisic now offers set pieces and can cross from open play and he does it consistently, plus when he’s defending I think we see kamara over that side a lot which helps. But hagi clearly has ability, maybe he’ll be similar to Aribo in that he needs to bulk up slightly for the Scottish game?

37 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Whilst I don’t disagree with what you say, barisic now offers set pieces and can cross from open play and he does it consistently, plus when he’s defending I think we see kamara over that side a lot which helps. But hagi clearly has ability, maybe he’ll be similar to Aribo in that he needs to bulk up slightly for the Scottish game?

Shut yer hole 

Archived