*****The Official Lech Poznan v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Not sure how to approach this. I guess with Dundee Utd missing 9 players and their coaching staff, you can probably rotate less here and more then. Although ideally I’d be doing it the other way round. 

Rotate here and don’t fuck about with the league games too much

McLaughlin

Tav          Goldson         Balogun      Bassey 

Kamara 

Aribo                Arfield 

Hagi                     Itten                     Roofe

Mcgregor 

Tav          Goldson      Balogun         Barisic 

Arfield  Davis  Kamara

Roofe                    Kent

Morelos

Full strength. 3 points, bank the money and win the group. Job done and onto the next one bears 🇬🇧 

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

How many Euro games have we played? 8 or 9? We may as well go for it, win the group, get seeded and make way more money.

Strongest team possible especially since our next game after that is against a decimated DU team.

Bringing in Zungu, Aribo, Jack & Hagi hardly weakens our team should we go that route.

Had a look at their starting 11 against Livi and it wasn't far off their usual 11. Seems to be their squad that's suffered, rather than their first choice side.

They had something like 5 or 6 16/17 year old's on their bench yesterday but had Shankland and McNulty starting up front. 

More than confident we'd beat their strongest 11 + strongest bench, but they're not as depleted as I first thought when I heard 9 players would have to isolate. 

I was strangely relaxed & confident before the tarriers game the other month at Parkhead. Not one bit of nerves.

I've been absolutely bricking it in other games Benfica, Poznan home, Liege at home, Ross County yesterday, Hamilton at Ibrox etc etc

But I'm really relaxed about this Poznan game on Thursday. 

Maybe it's because we've qualified but I really want to top the group and I'll be gutted if our unbeaten run comes to an end but if we are to get beat in a game, then I think this should be the one to do it in. I think that's why I'm relaxed about it (but obviously don't want that either).

There's obviously a lot of talk about us putting out a weaker team than usual, but I'm interested in what Poznan might do too. They might be the same since they will be wanting to improve their league table standing and being out of Europe all together. The only thing they have to play for is possibly not being bottom of the table.

Are we that much of a priority for them? 

Probably got a draw written all over it, which I'd be OK with if we're back out and home fresh for Dundee United on Sunday with no injuries etc.

Poznan rested a number of players in Lisbon last week so would expect them to do so again. A win is worth about €1m from win bonus (€0.5m) and another (€0.5m) additional prize money for winning the group vs 2nd - not to be sniffed. Couple of changes but huge opportunity. 

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic 

Jack Kamara Arfield 

Hagi Morelos Kent 

Gerrard said he hopes to have Jack & Helander back so assuming they’ll be fit in that team 

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Poznan rested a number of players in Lisbon last week so would expect them to do so again. A win is worth about €1m from win bonus (€0.5m) and another (€0.5m) additional prize money for winning the group vs 2nd - not to be sniffed. Couple of changes but huge opportunity. 

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic 

Jack Kamara Arfield 

Hagi Morelos Kent 

Gerrard said he hopes to have Jack & Helander back so assuming they’ll be fit in that team 

Jack and Helander back would be a massive boost for us. They are both tailor-made for a Rangers European away side on a night like this coming up.

11 hours ago, Scouse_Legend said:

Mcgregor 

Tav          Goldson      Balogun         Barisic 

Arfield  Davis  Kamara

Roofe                    Kent

Morelos

Full strength. 3 points, bank the money and win the group. Job done and onto the next one bears 🇬🇧 

Thats the team right there 👍

Good news.

There's quotes from the Poznan manager saying he's going to rest some of his top players again because the next league game is more important to him.

Says the good result at the weekend vindicated him doing it for the Benfica game in Lisbon and he plans on doing the same again for our game.

11 hours ago, Born Sinner said:

I’d gamble top spot and instead play some second string - get a draw with a nice solid performance.

First half against Liege and today looked a bit more tired than usual and in for a hectic 6 weeks.

Dont think we can afford to turn down a potential £1m. 

16 hours ago, livibear101 said:

Strongest team possible and win the group simple 👍

Disagree with this!

We’ve qualified already and our focus should now be on domestic football. We have a big squad so some players deserve a rest and some deserve some game time.

I’d go with something like:

McLaughlin

Patterson

Balogun

Helander

Bassey

Kamara

Zungu

Aribo

Barker

Itten

Hagi

I always like a wee bet on us to win to nil or to win both halves just checking the win odds are 8/13 not giving anything away typical bookies, i think i will hold fire until i see the line up:rangers:

After we get a couple of goals then change it up and rest key players 

I agree that domestic football is important but so is European football for the extra income 

winning the group means more money and a better chance of progression in the next round 

If the players are not fit enough 2 play 2games a week then they shouldn’t be at Rangers 

Archived