*****The Official Lech Poznan v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

Looks like Lech will be making a number of changes on Thursday. I didn't know they did the same with the Benfica game. 

I'm sure we will be making changes too but I still think we'll field a strong side because Gerrard was able to take a few off yesterday. 

-

He said: "I explained before we went to Portugal that I didn't see it as our most important match of the week and that's why I left players behind in Poland.

"We've had a lot of games and some players were looking jaded and tired. So I rested them and they proved it was the right decision.

"I took the decision to use some of the other players after consultation with the medical staff and the other coaches. Over the course of the season, it will prove to be right.

"Against Rangers, it's very likely we will do the same thing and rest more players. Yes, the Europa League is important, but we are out and there are many other matches.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, B1872 said:

Disagree with this!

We’ve qualified already and our focus should now be on domestic football. We have a big squad so some players deserve a rest and some deserve some game time.

I’d go with something like:

McLaughlin

Patterson

Balogun

Helander

Bassey

Kamara

Zungu

Aribo

Barker

Itten

Hagi

Please God no.

When was the last time we qualified from a European Group with one game to go? I can't quite remember ever being in this position before with the option to rotate players. No idea what team we'll see come Thursday but if they're resting players we should scud them :rangers:

On 06/12/2020 at 16:04, bluenoz said:

How many Euro games have we played? 8 or 9? We may as well go for it, win the group, get seeded and make way more money.

Strongest team possible especially since our next game after that is against a decimated DU team.

Bringing in Zungu, Aribo, Jack & Hagi hardly weakens our team should we go that route.

The du team looked pretty similar to their normal line up. 

I only noticed Clark was not playing against Livi. 

Exaggerated Impact by the look of it. 

18 minutes ago, molesmole said:

The du team looked pretty similar to their normal line up. 

I only noticed Clark was not playing against Livi. 

Exaggerated Impact by the look of it. 

dundee utd only had 3 of their regular starters missing on sat  1 of whom butcher was suspended  this is our last thurs night match till march  so go strong win it and get seeded

5 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

When was the last time we qualified from a European Group with one game to go? I can't quite remember ever being in this position before with the option to rotate players. No idea what team we'll see come Thursday but if they're resting players we should scud them :rangers:

2006 during the old 5 team UEFA Cup group.

Strongest team. Get a couple of goals up and then start thinking about subs. Winning the group gets us more money and helps us strengthen in the January window if 1 or 2 players become available should we go this route. Also winning the group means we are seeded for next round of the draw. No Dubai and the players can have a wee break here at home hopefully. We have a good squad and they are really looking like they are on a mission. I’m hopeful our scouting department are on this already. 

McGregor 

Tav     Goldson       Balogun     Barisic

Kamara    Zungu     Aribo

Hagi      Morelos     Kent

Bring Davis and Arfield on for a bit of control in the 2nd half, leaving them both and hopefully Jack for Tannadice. Barker on for Kent and Itten for Alfie 2nd half too.

Would go with Roofe, Defoe and Kent against DU.

To those who say that this game does not matter, I was always of the mindset that Rangers go out to win every game. We have been doing fine this season so far, not only winning games but racking up the clean sheets. Once you start losing then you lose the impetus and every game then is a risk. Strongest team possible, please. It's the Rangers way.

49 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Poznan hit with injury crisis.  

Right on cue.  

What's happened mate?

It might not change their plans too much. Unless it's their second-string players that's injured, in which case he'll have no choice but to play full-team and that might fuck us.

Every game that we play right now is a big game. A win and we keep the momentum going not to forget the cash and the seeded status for the knock outs.

Got to ignore the stuff coming from Poland - they looked decent at Ibrox. Get our strongest team out there. We can make subs anytime without weakening the team and that's the route I expect Gerrard to take. We are allowed 5 subs so use them all.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

Every game that we play right now is a big game. A win and we keep the momentum going not to forget the cash and the seeded status for the knock outs.

Got to ignore the stuff coming from Poland - they looked decent at Ibrox. Get our strongest team out there. We can make subs anytime without weakening the team and that's the route I expect Gerrard to take. We are allowed 5 subs so use them all.

Bang on, 

Consistency and standards - treat each team with respect and play our best 11. 

If we are coasting it bring on the 5 Subs similar to the weekend get them all more minutes as they will all be needed. 

Archived