*****The Official Lech Poznan v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

So Man U, Bruges, Krasnodor & Kyiv now in the hat.  I would still rather win the group but that is not too fearsome. I don't think we would beat Man U but the other 3 we could.

Not wanting Krasnodar or Kiev either because of the travel.

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

So Man U, Bruges, Krasnodor & Kyiv now in the hat.  I would still rather win the group but that is not too fearsome. I don't think we would beat Man U but the other 3 we could.

We would beat United, UNLESS they appointed a proper manager in the meantime. 

On 07/12/2020 at 22:33, Hadron Collider said:

Strongest team. Get a couple of goals up and then start thinking about subs. Winning the group gets us more money and helps us strengthen in the January window if 1 or 2 players become available should we go this route. Also winning the group means we are seeded for next round of the draw. No Dubai and the players can have a wee break here at home hopefully. We have a good squad and they are really looking like they are on a mission. I’m hopeful our scouting department are on this already. 

bang on and some posters are way off if they think we’re not going to have an almost full strength starting line up

45 minutes ago, GOAT said:

If shakhtar win tomorrow, I’d rest a few players. If they don’t, I’d play the strongest 11 regardless of Sunday.  

The coefficient does matter but I can’t imagine Gerrard picking a team due to it.

Also the players are fine. Dundee Utd is nothing to fear. We’ve coped no bother coming back from European away games.

1 hour ago, ElBufalo20 said:

The coefficient does matter but I can’t imagine Gerrard picking a team due to it.

Yup, the only thing Gerrard will be picking a team tomorrow for is to get a victory. Can’t see him sending anything but a full strength team out, prestige, seeding and by no means least, money at stake on the outcome of this match.

I can see us winning this, swuad strength, player competition and desire has not been at this level for years and long may it continue...

12 hours ago, molesmole said:

Bang on, 

Consistency and standards - treat each team with respect and play our best 11. 

If we are coasting it bring on the 5 Subs similar to the weekend get them all more minutes as they will all be needed. 

We have to take advantage of the 5 sub covid rule, if it goes back to 3 we will have less chance to see how the young guys look in a 'real' game.

Not completed yet but as it stands the 4 seeded teams from CL look like 

Man U

Real Madrid/Shakhtar Donesrsk

Atalanta/Ajax

Club Brugge.

Unseeded

Dynamo Kiev

Krasnodar

Olympiakos/Marseille

Salzburg/Lokomotiv Moscow. 

Winning the group would mean avoiding the seeded one. 

1 minute ago, Brubear said:

Man U

Atalanta/Ajax

Club Brugge.

Unseeded

Dynamo Kiev

Krasnodar

Olympiakos/Marseille

Only ones in that that really give me a worry is Salzburg, Real Madrid and Ajax tbh.

Need to use the squad as we have a crazy schedule, but still put out a team that can win the game.

McLaughlin; Tavernier, Goldson, Balogun, Bassey; Aribo, Zungu, Kamara; Itten, Morelos, Hagi

Would play Alfie as think he needs bit more sharpness (don't think he suits being rotated tbh), and another goal or two could help his transfer fee if we look to sell in summer to balance books, much as I hate to say it.

1 minute ago, Copeland1983 said:

Need to use the squad as we have a crazy schedule, but still put out a team that can win the game.

McLaughlin; Tavernier, Goldson, Balogun, Bassey; Aribo, Zungu, Kamara; Itten, Morelos, Hagi

Would play Alfie as think he needs bit more sharpness (don't think he suits being rotated tbh), and another goal or two could help his transfer fee if we look to sell in summer to balance books, much as I hate to say it.

He also loves a goal against Polish teams

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

Man U

Atalanta/Ajax

Club Brugge.

Unseeded

Dynamo Kiev

Krasnodar

Olympiakos/Marseille

The travel to some of those unseeded teams we could do without.

Mental how many folk have Zungu in their wee dream XI's for an important European match when he's done nothing of note for us so far. 

You could literally have any 3 from Jack (if he's confirmed fit), Davis, Aribo, Arfield, Kamara and even Hagi - Zungu is down the pecking order in a massive match for us even in relation to changing it a wee bit.

By all means if we are winning and want to hold onto it bring him on and take someone off with Sunday at Tannadice in mind. Fine with that.

3 points at tannadice far more important IMO.

If we draw or lose against Lech we still qualify.

Lose or draw at 12.00 Sunday it opens the door at let's them close the gap let alone the psychological  swing that may happen.

Need to focus on thumping that lot and keep the pressure on the mhanky mob, they could easy drop points against killie as well. :rangers:

9 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

3 points at tannadice far more important IMO.

If we draw or lose against Lech we still qualify.

Lose or draw at 12.00 Sunday it opens the door at let's them close the gap let alone the psychological  swing that may happen.

Need to focus on thumping that lot and keep the pressure on the mhanky mob, they could easy drop points against killie as well. :rangers:

Agree re Tannadice being more important however these EL are giving us an opportunity to express ourselves in a completely different environment which the players are clearly enjoying. 

In our post EL domestic games we’ve carried the momentum on so I think a win is important as one seems to be the by product of the other atm.

Archived