*****The Official Lech Poznan v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

6 hours ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

Wolfsberg is the Austrian team with a coefficient 60 places behind Rangers. This is the first time they have reached the round of 32.

6 hours ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

If you meant Salzburg yeah then I agree 100%.

Completely mixed up teams, Wolfsburg is who I meant😃

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, left winger said:

Makes more sense to me. Get a decent night’s sleep after the match, light training session in the morning, then fly home. Surely the players would be more rested than travelling at night. Would be more beneficial for a later KO abroad, right enough.

Used to be that poster on FF who supposedly worked at Glasgow airport and would update on this type of stuff. Hilarious bs sometimes posted😅

3 hours ago, delparlane said:

Brilliant result, brilliant day. Rangers top their group and Rams destroy NE in NFL Hand-Egg. Fookin’ Yas.

Used to love watching Euro nights under Wee Dick then sitting up past my bed time watching Mark Mcguire smash home runs on Channel 5 at 2 in the morning 

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

First game I've missed in probably ten years. Can someone give me a quick summary? (I saw the goals). I heard Itten was sharp. How was Hagi & Aribo? Did young Nathan look alright?

Just my opinion and some might disagree ...

Itten looked good. Held the ball up well. Put in a shift. A couple of times too done what he did for either our 3rd or 4th goal at Dingwall when he outmuscled and cut inside with the ball and obviously a top-class finish.

Hagi was alright. Some nice passing but gave the ball away a couple of times too. Usual Hagi performance in that you can see he's quality but still a little rough round the edges with some of his decision making.

Aribo kinda the same as Hagi in that he had some nice touches, got in some good positions but some times I thought he done the hard bit in the final third then the easy bit like a final ball he either waited a second too long or didn't thread it sharp enough - but like Hagi can still see the quality there.

Young Nathan was meh for me ... done OK but thought he was exposed an awful lot and left big gaps in behind him. Gave the ball away a couple of times. Wasn't all bad though, made a couple of good tackles and passes but he doesn't really do it for me. The experience wouldn't have done him any harm, but something was missing down that side I felt with Tav not in the team.

The game itself I felt had a bit of a training game feel to it in the second half, from both teams. Suited us both in all honesty to let it play out like that.

41 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Itten looked good. Held the ball up well. Put in a shift. A couple of times too done what he did for either our 3rd or 4th goal at Dingwall when he outmuscled and cut inside with the ball and obviously a top-class finish.

Hagi was alright. Some nice passing but gave the ball away a couple of times too. Usual Hagi performance in that you can see he's quality but still a little rough round the edges with some of his decision making.

Aribo kinda the same as Hagi in that he had some nice touches, got in some good positions but some times I thought he done the hard bit in the final third then the easy bit like a final ball he either waited a second too long or didn't thread it sharp enough - but like Hagi can still see the quality there.

Young Nathan was meh for me ... done OK but thought he was exposed an awful lot and left big gaps in behind him. Gave the ball away a couple of times. Wasn't all bad though, made a couple of good tackles and passes but he doesn't really do it for me. The experience wouldn't have done him any harm, but something was missing down that side I felt with Tav not in the team.

The game itself I felt had a bit of a training game feel to it in the second half, from both teams. Suited us both in all honesty to let it play out like that.

Thanks, much appreciated. Getting tough to pick a team now. I imagine Davis comes back in on Sunday for Zungu ( I forgot to ask about him)

11 hours ago, left winger said:

Makes more sense to me. Get a decent night’s sleep after the match, light training session in the morning, then fly home. Surely the players would be more rested than travelling at night. Would be more beneficial for a later KO abroad, right enough.

I doubt many of those players got a decent sleep last night after the match as most would have been buzzing about qualifying in 1st place 👏🏻👏🏻

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

I know whet you’re saying about Hagi’s decision making but he was the one to react for his goal whereas the 4 defenders were all sleeping as most thought it was crossing the line and wasn’t worth defending. He should have ran across the defender when Itten put him through right enough. 

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I know whet you’re saying about Hagi’s decision making but he was the one to react for his goal whereas the 4 defenders were all sleeping as most thought it was crossing the line and wasn’t worth defending. He should have ran across the defender when Itten put him through right enough. 

That's what I mean when I say his decision making is rough-round-the-edges ... does something good like follows it in being alert for his goal and then other times like you said should be running across the defender when Itten slipped him through. He's fine. I think he's still young enough that with more experience and playing more games regular then that decision making inconsistency get's ironed out.

Archived