Rangers Women

Clemdog

I went to the game v Chelsea. Second half was painful viewing, think we were out of our own half about 7 times. Chelsea were utterly dominant and that was with 5 or 6 starters out. On paper we have a good team and yet again probably the best in the league, just hope we dont capitulate like we did last season 

On 12/08/2021 at 21:10, STEPPS BOY said:

As i said the other week, our under 16’s with 3 14 yr olds beat the womens team 8-0..

Must be absolutely dreadful.

The game was also ended early, not sure how early. They are boys club standard at best.

Maybe Chelsea would have given the U16's a better game.

I took in the womens game tonight before heading to Ibrox. Yet again an English team was running rings around them. I expected it last week v Chelsea who are currently 2nd best womens team in Europe. Man Utd women are average yet won 0-5. Rangers barely getting out our own half. Just hope the women have enough to win the league this season as on paper we have the best squad in Scotland 

24 minutes ago, Madina said:

I took in the womens game tonight before heading to Ibrox. Yet again an English team was running rings around them. I expected it last week v Chelsea who are currently 2nd best womens team in Europe. Man Utd women are average yet won 0-5. Rangers barely getting out our own half. Just hope the women have enough to win the league this season as on paper we have the best squad in Scotland 

Do you really think we have the best squad?

32 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Do you really think we have the best squad?

On paper yes. Plenty of internationals in the team - Fife, Docherty, Kerr, Ness, Arnot, Ross etc who all have experience in this league as well as the likes of Jane and Lizzie who played in the WSL

Still get so annoyed when I think of how last season turned out for the women. We puped Glasgow City 0-5 and really looked like stopping their dominance. Came back from the shut down looking like utter haddies and got beat 3 times by the tims who ended up finishing 2nd despite being nothing special. Horrendous 

19 minutes ago, Madina said:

Still get so annoyed when I think of how last season turned out for the women. We puped Glasgow City 0-5 and really looked like stopping their dominance. Came back from the shut down looking like utter haddies and got beat 3 times by the tims who ended up finishing 2nd despite being nothing special. Horrendous 

City added some great players after the break and celtic did too.

Admittedly we really shouldn't have lost to them 3 times - but realistically our set up is still evolving from being fairly amateur in every sense of the word. 

22 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

City added some great players after the break and celtic did too.

Admittedly we really shouldn't have lost to them 3 times - but realistically our set up is still evolving from being fairly amateur in every sense of the word. 

City did, cant actually remember celtics signings in the break.

It was still evolving but I dont buy that as an excuse for ending up 3rd. Dont know what went wrong between beating City 0-5 and signing a few of their better players, to coming back from the break and getting beat another twice by an inferior celtic. This should be the season we win the league, anything else will be a failure 

As an aside any idea where Bala has went? I'm sure she was number 10 last season? Yet McCoy is now 10

On 20/08/2021 at 01:58, Madina said:

City did, cant actually remember celtics signings in the break.

It was still evolving but I dont buy that as an excuse for ending up 3rd. Dont know what went wrong between beating City 0-5 and signing a few of their better players, to coming back from the break and getting beat another twice by an inferior celtic. This should be the season we win the league, anything else will be a failure 

As an aside any idea where Bala has went? I'm sure she was number 10 last season? Yet McCoy is now 10

Bala is in India. She is injured, but she also has a visa issue I believe.

9 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Bala is in India. She is injured, but she also has a visa issue I believe.

Cheers. Thought it was odd her squad number has went to someone else, made me think we wouldnt see her again 

On 20/08/2021 at 01:07, Madina said:

On paper yes. Plenty of internationals in the team - Fife, Docherty, Kerr, Ness, Arnot, Ross etc who all have experience in this league as well as the likes of Jane and Lizzie who played in the WSL

that's a positive  , I defo think the team will get stronger the fact there is internationals playing is always going to be a positive in building up and gelling together 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/08/2021 at 21:10, STEPPS BOY said:

As i said the other week, our under 16’s with 3 14 yr olds beat the womens team 8-0..

Must be absolutely dreadful.

I actually watch the women’s team every now and again but stuff like this is mind blowing and makes any suggestion that female players deserve anywhere near similar money to male players just absolutely laughable 

17 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I actually watch the women’s team every now and again but stuff like this is mind blowing and makes any suggestion that female players deserve anywhere near similar money to male players just absolutely laughable 

My boys pal plays for the Under 16’s mate.

He said it was embarrassing.