The Canter Year.

tannerall

Not even Christmas and we are 13 points ahead, goal difference of 42, twice that of the tims 21, averaging just under 3 goals a game, and conceding 1 goal in 5 game ratio.

Keep at it Gers, I want us to win every league game we can now with remorseless persistence and style, and end up 20 odd points ahead by May.

No more years of banter, I want to win this years league in a fucking canter. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Still far too soon for me.

Loving life as a bear just now but fuck me we have a bad habit of let downs.

Absolutely, as Stevie G would say, stay humble.

There are still enough games, and enough time, for us to get bitten on the ass. The games from now until the end of January are the big acid tests. 

But aye, it’s particularly fucking lovely being a bear these days

I am loving it and laughing at the farriers just now, but part of me is still going it’s just one bad period from all changing.  If we keep winning in December and then beat Celtic at ibrox I’ll start getting a head of myself. 😂

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I am loving it and laughing at the farriers just now, but part of me is still going it’s just one bad period from all changing.  If we keep winning in December and then beat Celtic at ibrox I’ll start getting a head of myself. 😂

Don't think there's any need to laugh at people who shoe horses for a living mate. 

5 hours ago, GOAT said:

First we had "Tarrier Barriers"

Now we have "Tarrier Farriers"

I still have the almighty fear. I mean. I am loving it right now. But can’t get rid of the nagging doubt in the back of my mind. It’s just too fucking important that we win the league this season.

Until we are out of sight I doubt the fear will leave. 

Them not having it in their own hands will be huge. But until its mathematically impossible I hate this over confidence, I've seen this movie before though obviously it feels very different this time.

What I will say is that if and when we do win the league its no holds barred. But until then, I'm trying to follow the staff motto of being humble and facing a game at a time........ for now 👍

40 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Nowhere near this kind of chat yet. We could hit a bad run of form and we still have our phase of covid going through the team to navigate. 

and the crowds going back in and starting to build up to capacity.

As much as I’m dying to get back I hope the club give the first chance of return to the UBs and scatter them out along the main stand as they’ll sing the whole match which is preferably to some who dont sing and seemingly only put pressure on the players with their silence and noises of frustration.

For me it’s simple beat them in Jan and we don’t buckle after xmass then I will start to get excited about the possibility of winning the league. 

Best that we stay humble and simply keep ticking the games off one by one. I am sure there will be a test of character at some point and how we respond to that will shape our season. 

10 hours ago, GOAT said:

I am loving it and laughing at the farriers just now, but part of me is still going it’s just one bad period from all changing.  If we keep winning in December and then beat celtic at ibrox I’ll start getting a head of myself. 😂

They need the result coming to us. Could be a good day

2nd of Jan was already a big game, now its a league decider. Beating them will likely put us close to 20pts ahead, albeit they will have 3 games in hand. 

Its not that we won't go through a bad spell, we might. It's just that I don't seem them going on a prolonged winning run to capitalise even if we did. 

Archived