The Canter Year.

tannerall

16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Think people are still getting ahead of themselves too soon. We play Hibs and then celtic within a few days at the end of the month. Those two games are not going to be easy. If we can win then maybe, just maybe we can start to think about the title.

Absolutely no fear from they two games whatsoever, its away games that bother me, shagger doesn't save that shot at 0-0 all of a sudden we are a goal down away to a dogged determined team on a wee shitey pitch, that's the games that we should be concerned about

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still far too early but we have got ourselves into a great position here and the whole team seems to have bought into the desire and belief to make themselves legends. 

On the other side of it , they seem to be in free fall . Their players seem to have totally chucked it and I’d imagine a few of them will be onto their agents to get them out of there in January. 

If we’re still double figures ahead even with their games in hand by the end of January then I’ll believe we can do it. Until then every game I’m shitting it and desperate for another 3 points. We play before them every weekend until the OF I think. The pressure on them is something they clearly can’t handle, hopefully we keep it going 

enjoying their pain and distress but i'll start getting excited in January. beat them and hope we don't do what we did the last 2 seasons and then i'll start to believe the title is coming home.

after the last 8 years i will take nothing for granted and will be cautiously optimistic.

Their pain is massively enjoyable but we need to keep our feet firmly on the ground. We’ve been in similar positions before. We fell apart last season. I remember when we lost a 15 point lead. We are much better this season though for sure. As good as I’ve seen us in years. As dreadful as they have been they have to start winning eventually. There will be a lot of noise and we need to drown it out. If we keep winning and beat them in new year then I might start to be more comfortable. 

If we win our remaining games this month then that Old Form game on the 2nd will be to wrap up the title.  If we win that game we’ll be about 19 points in front (albeit celtic will have a few games in hand).  They’ll never claw that back.

Archived