Proud

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, G.E.C. said:

Never had any doubts before today but to finish top of any European group stage unbeaten and create a new points record is fantastic.

Roll on the draw

2 and a half years ago the vast majority of us thought we were a long way from even getting to qualify for the groups .

it’s been an amazing 3 campaigns ,

I was desperate just to get to the group stages again this season for financial reasons mainly. I then wanted a good team to test ourselves again for excitement reasons mainly. I would have bitten your hand off to squeeze second place and go through to the last 32 but to win the group unbeaten so comfortably is incredible.

The gap between Scotland and the majority of Europe has never been as wide as it is now. For us to be topping that group is absolutely phenomenal. It cannot be overstated how impressive a job this management and team are doing. 

Given how our team has been put together, and the gulf in resources we have to deal with, this is the most impressive Rangers team I can remember. We might have had better teams(not sure) but we have never had a team that have performed this well with this consistency, against this level of opposition

10 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Never had any doubts before today but to finish top of any European group stage unbeaten and create a new points record is fantastic.

Roll on the draw

PLG was the last Rangers manager to do it in 2006/7. I think that was about his 8th year in management.

SG and the team have done well to match that. Not bad for a rookie manager with a team built on our budget.

Walters teams played counter attacking football. There were seasons we got caught short early  doors in Europe and then there was the odd season we got results. 

We never controlled matches the way we are at the moment. It’s incredible. We just squeeze the opposition and control the territory and the possession. 

there will be no teams looking at us and Saying “that’s an easy tie”

Just now, sRcFoCt said:

The last time a Scottish club was unbeaten in the group stage of a European competition was wait for it.

1992/93 it was Rangers and it was the year those cheating chesse eating surrender monkeys cheated their way to a cup.

And it was mostly draws 😂

Archived