Steven Gerrard Messiah

berkshirebear

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because the league is so huge, it's surprisingly easy to underestimate what Gerrard has done to make us a force in Europe. It's nothing short of fucking astounding. I am just loving it.

And as for the league, it SEEMS he has nailed that too. I'm gearing up to absolutely adore the guy, if we win the league he will be an absolute god.

10 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Because the league is so huge, it's surprisingly easy to underestimate what Gerrard has done to make us a force in Europe. It's nothing short of fucking astounding. I am just loving it.

And as for the league, it SEEMS he has nailed that too. I'm gearing up the absolutely adore the guy, if we win the league he will be an absolute god.

Agree with all of that. But like some others I'm not getting too carried away just yet.

1 minute ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Agree with all of that. But like some others I'm not getting too carried away just yet.

Me neither mate. It keeps looking more likely but I'm still very wary. Listening to SSB that lot seem to have thrown in the towel right across the board, but it's the despair talking. In football terms it's nowhere near in the bag

So hard trying not to get excited what a fantastic achievement tonight though in regards to the league nothing’s won yet and I think people have got way ahead of themselves we have a tough run in this month & in January I think if we go into February still in this position surely it’s done then.

23 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

He’s certainly turned a corner but whether it’s Gerrard or someone else that has the squad playing how they are at the moment I’m unsure. 

It’s night and day compared to last season, not sure how he/the staff have managed it. 

Although I did personally have faith, I honestly think covid lockdown saved his job, and gave him and his team a lot of time to scrutinise mistakes, and rectify, and look at recruitment.

15 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Me neither mate. It keeps looking more likely but I'm still very wary. Listening to SSB that lot seem to have thrown in the towel right across the board, but it's the despair talking. In football terms it's nowhere near in the bag

All the scum need to do to start winning league games again is start griffiths. They’ll still be shite but he’ll get goals for them

30 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Why can’t we just rain in this over confidence man

It’s not even Christmas yet .Messiah he ain’t 

He might well turn out to be a good manager .The last few years are too raw to get carried away 

I hate these kind of threads at the moment, IF we win the league then S G will get all the praise and adulation he deserves, but still in December having won a lot of games and yes playing well, but still won no trophies, it is bloody nuts.  :sad:

Archived