We have won nothing

They Gnu

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Loving the run we’re on and the football we’re playing but we’ve won zilch, some posters thinking the league is done and the remaining games merely a formality. Not saying we can’t enjoy what the teams doing but there’s a long way to go.

i have been saying the same thing for the past few weeks but got to say with every performance i am getting more confident  last week we fought back after a poor 1st half v  standard to win the game  last night with 7 changes we strolled the game  if we keep winning and beat them on 2nd jan  i will really start to believe

2 minutes ago, billscott said:

i have been saying the same thing for the past few weeks but got to say with every performance i am getting more confident  last week we fought back after a poor 1st half v  standard to win the game  last night with 7 changes we strolled the game  if we keep winning and beat them on 2nd jan  i will really start to believe

Oh I believe mate just think too many think it’s already in the bag.

10 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Loving the run we’re on and the football we’re playing but we’ve won zilch, some posters thinking the league is done and the remaining games merely a formality. Not saying we can’t enjoy what the teams doing but there’s a long way to go.

Yep, one game at a time and all that.

The ones thinking its done will likely be the noisiest when we drop points again, and we will. I'm all for enjoying it the now but hate that air of arrogance given there's still 66 points to be won / lost.

Great position to be in, but thats all it is really. 

Football fans are meant to be mad bastards mate.... 

Rangers aren't going to drop points because Kenny234 gets excited on an internet forum. 

If we were at games just now it would be wild as fuck, always think the general vibe and belief of Liverpool fans helps them in Europe, would be well on board with us chanting now you're going to believe us we are going to win the league if we were at games. 

Fuck the world. 

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yep, one game at a time and all that.

The ones thinking its done will likely be the noisiest when we drop points again, and we will. I'm all for enjoying it the now but hate that air of arrogance given there's still 66 points to be won / lost.

Great position to be in, but thats all it is really. 

It is bi polar central on here, either world beaters or the worst Rangers team ever.

2 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

It is bi polar central on here, either world beaters or the worst Rangers team ever.

People were calling for Gerrards head after the Hibs draw. I reckon if Celtic drop any more points this month and we win the next Old Firm can start to feel pretty confident.

I'm all for 1 game at a time attitude, but I've said before the 1st time we can really assess accurately our position is after the scum at ibrox, thats when we'll have played everyone home and away.

If we can keep or improve the current difference we'll be doing great.

We then head into the fixtures anomaly the wonky computer generated with us going to all last seasons better teams whilst the scum face them at home. So a challenge that would be far more comfortable with a buffer of points. Followed by a potential pressure cooker after the split.

Its far from a done deal, there's challenges and pitfalls all along the way. Thats why 1 game at a time and see where it takes us is the right approach imo.

34 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

What a strange post.

We are absolutely cruising in the league and just topped our Europa League group.

We are in the quarter final of another competition and should win.

Played 26 Lost 0 and won 22

Not only that but conceded only 3 goals in the league.

That has to be celebrated and an individual fan can be optimistic. 

I believe the league is over so I’m entitled to enjoy that.

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Before then I'll continue to laugh at the taigs giving up on the league though.

Waited a longtime to see them in such a bad place, add in the Noncery compo they’ll surely have to pay out and things are dark on Planet Timothy.

How confident or over confident folk on this forum are does not affect our results only the attitude and performance of the players does and I don’t see that changing. Last nights result at the paedodome only backs up the fact that there are serious problems  between Lennon and certain players. 

It's mental to assume it's all over. All you need to do is look at last season to see how badly it can come off the rails.

Then there's the January transfer window to get through. Fixture pile-ups with Europe and being in one more cup than them. Covid, and the potential for points being docked (the authorities can't fucking wait for that to happen).

I still think us winning it will be the remarkable outcome, even with this lead.

I defo get we've won nothing yet and we've had loads of false dawns, but ....

We're almost the half-way point and :

We're cruising the league (13-points clear albeit Celtic have 2-games in hand).
Undefeated in all competitions (26-games).
x22 wins (should have been 25 if we held on against Benfica and never got an offside goal given against us at Easter Road).

X20 clean sheets.
Conceded only 3-goals domestically in all competitions (1 an own goal and 1 was an offsite equaliser at Easter Road that should never have counted).
Topped our European group and qualified with a game to spare.
Highest ever points total for a Scottish team in Europe.
We are rotating the squad constantly, even putting out what was a pre-season type line-up last night and bossed/cruised a tough game in Poland.

If you can't get excited and carried away, after reading all that and start to dream then when can you?

Football is cruel and I'm taking nothing for granted and sure Celtic got a good result last night and that might be them about to push on now after a couple of months of misery but we're in such good shape we just need to concentrate on ourselves. We don't need any favours from that lot any more (even though it will still be welcome).

I've got so much faith in Gerrard and our players now. When I seen last nights team selection I was baffled (and not for the first time this season) but was delighted to be proved wrong because this team just keeps on surprising me and going up in my estimation.

Genuinely wonder if I'm dreaming at times at the moment.

I completely agree with the OP. 

All it takes is one bad game, or a bad refereeing decision and there’s only 4 points in it. The filth have been on a shocking run, but OF aside they’ve only drawn two more games than us and have a history of steamrolling the shite in the SPFL where we've faltered previously. 

I am loving life as a Rangers supporter, but football can turn on you quickly. 

I do think if all things remain equal and we win the OF at Ibrox then we’re are near enough over the line. Also really need to win any kind of silverware (with the league cup being an open goal) to start convincing me this is our year. 

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I defo get we've won nothing yet and we've had loads of false dawns, but ....

We're almost the half-way point and :

We're cruising the league (13-points clear albeit celtic have 2-games in hand).
Undefeated in all competitions (26-games).
x22 wins (should have been 25 if we held on against Benfica and never got an offside goal given against us at Easter Road).

X20 clean sheets.
Conceded only 3-goals domestically in all competitions (1 an own goal and 1 was an offsite equaliser at Easter Road that should never have counted).
Topped our European group and qualified with a game to spare.
Highest ever points total for a Scottish team in Europe.
We are rotating the squad constantly, even putting out what was a pre-season type line-up last night and bossed/cruised a tough game in Poland.

If you can't get excited and carried away, after reading all that and start to dream then when can you?

Football is cruel and I'm taking nothing for granted and sure celtic got a good result last night and that might be them about to push on now after a couple of months of misery but we're in such good shape we just need to concentrate on ourselves. We don't need any favours from that lot any more (even though it will still be welcome).

I've got so much faith in Gerrard and our players now. When I seen last nights team selection I was baffled (and not for the first time this season) but was delighted to be proved wrong because this team just keeps on surprising me and going up in my estimation.

Genuinely wonder if I'm dreaming at times at the moment.

Bang on.

Yet people were scared for a trip to Dingwall last week and Tannadice on Sunday.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

I completely agree with the OP. 

All it takes is one bad game, or a bad refereeing decision and there’s only 4 points in it. The filth have been on a shocking run, but OF aside they’ve only drawn two more games than us and have a history of steamrolling the shite in the SPFL where we've faltered previously. 

I am loving life as a Rangers supporter, but football can turn on you quickly. 

I do think if all things remain equal and we win the OF at Ibrox then we’re are near enough over the line. Also really need to win any kind of silverware (with the league cup being an open goal) to start convincing me this is our year. 

A lot will be riding on those OF games. Let's not forget, that's 9 points up for grabs. I wonder what ref they'll pick to handle them. As good as we are, and as bad as they have been, they only need to get a few runs into our box with a sympathetic ref to take the games off us.

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Bang on.

Yet people were scared for a trip to Dingwall last week and Tannadice on Sunday.

can you really blame anyone for being slightly pessimistic or cautious given the last 9 years we've had to endure?

Absolute zero point supporting a football team if you can't enjoy the highs when they come regardless of the bigger picture.

All that really matters is that the team don't get carried away, us enjoying the run @British_Empire mentions above along with laughing at them should have little impact on the teams focus - especially with no fans in the stadium. 

We haven't won anything yet, but we are in a very very good position to and I'll only worry about it imploding if it actually does. 

Archived