We have won nothing

They Gnu

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of my friends and family that are bears are thinking the league is over. The only ones that are saying that are the scum fans and scum in the media who are pushing the “league is over” line.

Pretty sure we were 10 points ahead at Christmas and lost the league in 2007/8 and 10 points behind in 08/09 and went on to win it. Might have got my dates wrong but the point is anything can happen be it injuries, loss of form or the SPFL handing out 3-0 victories.

If we get to February 1st and we still have our ‘7 point’ gap then I’ll start to be more confident. However even then we don’t know how our relatively unsuccessful team will cope with a title run in where the pressure will be massive come March/April and especially May. 

Bottom line is there is a long long way to go. 👍🏻

6 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Absolute zero point supporting a football team if you can't enjoy the highs when they come regardless of the bigger picture.

All that really matters is that the team don't get carried away, us enjoying the run @British_Empire mentions above along with laughing at them should have little impact on the teams focus - especially with no fans in the stadium. 

We haven't won anything yet, but we are in a very very good position to and I'll only worry about it imploding if it actually does. 

Oh I’m enjoying it,we’ve built a lot of momentum and despite the collapse after Dubai the past two seasons I’m confident that won’t happen this year. The players mentality has clearly changed as well. All looking rosy in the Ibrox garden but till we’ve won the league I won’t be counting chickens.

1 hour ago, billscott said:

i have been saying the same thing for the past few weeks but got to say with every performance i am getting more confident  last week we fought back after a poor 1st half v  standard to win the game  last night with 7 changes we strolled the game  if we keep winning and beat them on 2nd jan  i will really start to believe

Win on Jan 2 we will all be buzzing like fuck ,That will be us one the home run .

Wake up on the 3rd and the nerves will be back and we will be needing another slip up from the taigs .

When that happens all buzzing again ,thats it ,on the home run again.

Wake up the next day ,fuck nerves kicking in again ,we need another slip up from the taigs .

Thank fuck we are winning all the time just now ,Any slips even though we have a wee cushion would feel like the end of the world 😂

1 hour ago, They Gnu said:

Loving the run we’re on and the football we’re playing but we’ve won zilch, some posters thinking the league is done and the remaining games merely a formality. Not saying we can’t enjoy what the teams doing but there’s a long way to go.

I agree too early to say it's done and dusted.

36 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I defo get we've won nothing yet and we've had loads of false dawns, but ....

We're almost the half-way point and :

We're cruising the league (13-points clear albeit Celtic have 2-games in hand).
Undefeated in all competitions (26-games).
x22 wins (should have been 25 if we held on against Benfica and never got an offside goal given against us at Easter Road).

X20 clean sheets.
Conceded only 3-goals domestically in all competitions (1 an own goal and 1 was an offsite equaliser at Easter Road that should never have counted).
Topped our European group and qualified with a game to spare.
Highest ever points total for a Scottish team in Europe.
We are rotating the squad constantly, even putting out what was a pre-season type line-up last night and bossed/cruised a tough game in Poland.

If you can't get excited and carried away, after reading all that and start to dream then when can you?

Football is cruel and I'm taking nothing for granted and sure Celtic got a good result last night and that might be them about to push on now after a couple of months of misery but we're in such good shape we just need to concentrate on ourselves. We don't need any favours from that lot any more (even though it will still be welcome).

I've got so much faith in Gerrard and our players now. When I seen last nights team selection I was baffled (and not for the first time this season) but was delighted to be proved wrong because this team just keeps on surprising me and going up in my estimation.

Genuinely wonder if I'm dreaming at times at the moment.

This 👍

I think it has a lot to do with the mentality of our new players also. I genuinely believe having the likes of Roofe and even Defoe has changed the attitude of the players. They have a serious hunger to win. They are filled with a lot more confidence. It can't just be down to the coaching staff. I know SG said he had a 3 year plan, but from previous seasons this has been an incredible U-turn. 

My only tiny bugbear is Morelos. He's helping with assists and it's great to see him play as part of the team, but there is still something missing with him. He seems a little deflated to me. Maybe that's just me over thinking. 

24 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Oh I’m enjoying it,we’ve built a lot of momentum and despite the collapse after Dubai the past two seasons I’m confident that won’t happen this year. The players mentality has clearly changed as well. All looking rosy in the Ibrox garden but till we’ve won the league I won’t be counting chickens.

I don't think anyone thinks any differently, but it shouldn't stop anyone feeling confident or enjoying things. 

10 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

This 👍

I think it has a lot to do with the mentality of our new players also. I genuinely believe having the likes of Roofe and even Defoe has changed the attitude of the players. They have a serious hunger to win. They are filled with a lot more confidence. It can't just be down to the coaching staff. I know SG said he had a 3 year plan, but from previous seasons this has been an incredible U-turn. 

My only tiny bugbear is Morelos. He's helping with assists and it's great to see him play as part of the team, but there is still something missing with him. He seems a little deflated to me. Maybe that's just me over thinking. 

i thought he looked like himself again last night when he got on. ran into 4 players chasing back the ball and was in his own half defending. love him when he has the right intensity.

Loving the run we’re on and the football we’re playing but we’ve won zilch, some posters thinking the league is done and the remaining games merely a formality. Not saying we can’t enjoy what the teams doing but there’s a long way to go.

Absolutely agree with your point but you can't blame many of our support for being on cloud nine with the way we have started the season. We are playing some exquisite football, unbeaten, top of the league and just won our europa league group. A long, long way to go and I for one won't be getting carried away but im enjoying every minute of this season so far and each game cant come quick enough. One game at a time. Dundee United next at Tannadice. 

17 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

For me the Dubai thing is just an excuse ,A reason had to be found and all sorts of rumours started .

For me and Iv only started to understand it now it was pressure .We had a sticky restart ,Looks very likely we missed Tav and we had a few things went against us ,left us in a  position where we lost our advantage ,pressure to win while trying to find form is almost identical to what’s happening over at the piggery just now .

A lot gets made of players downing tools or managers losing the dressing room but most of it is just the effect of pressure .Must win situations when things ain’t going well means players play the safe way and don’t take the risks needed at times .

Iv played competitive sports and games for almost 40 years and can relate to trying to win in different types of pressure ,

3 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

So I keep hearing after every good performance and victory. Doesn't mean I'm not gonna enjoy them.

Who’s said you shouldn’t enjoy it,I’m lapping it up and after years of mediocrity things like Roofes truly wonderful goal or Borna threading a free kick through the eye of a needle are a joy to behold. All I’m saying is temper it with a bit of realism.

Get yourself up the sauna for a wee rub and a tug big man and cheer up 😂

The signs are looking good, Enjoy it while its here.

It's been fun watching them go from one embarrassment to the next, however I do believe pressure is a large part of that. Although they have a shite management team, they do have some decent players which, really should beat the other shite in the league.

My concern is that they'd get to a point where the league is looking unlikely for them and due to them now being underdogs the pressure is off and they start playing with more freedom and bounce back being world beaters again.

It's all very difficult to predict though, there's so many unknowns and covid is one of them.

Thankfully we're in a very good position and we don't seem to be letting up.

11 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I like being over confident and excited. 

it’s a feeling I’ve not had regarding my team for an aufy long time.  

so piss off and leave us to it. 

Everybody has their own way of enjoying it ,I won’t have a pop for your way the same as I won’t have a pop at others who are being more cautious .

im on both buses just now and it’s brilliantly horrendous 😂

1 minute ago, Bigdave30 said:

Get yourself up the sauna for a wee rub and a tug big man and cheer up 😂

The signs are looking good, Enjoy it while its here.

Furfuxsake 

didn’t pay all that money on a marriage licence to pay some Romanian to pull the heid aff it for me.

51 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

I wouldn't say scared is the right word but people are rightly a bit nervous due to what has happened in recent years.

Again what evidence is there to suggest that this season is like the last couple?

We’ve conceded 3 goals in the league.  Scoring for fun. A right back with 16 goals.

Playing attractive football have outstanding squad depth.

Have a 13 point advantage. Genuinely don’t get the fear.

Archived