We have won nothing

They Gnu

Really enjoyed the last couple of month since we wiped the floor with them at there midden, its been 1 fuck up to another for them since while we have played superb but because the way the last 2 years have panned out there is always that little doubt in the back of my mind, if we get through to the end of January still 7/10 points ahead after you take there games in hand away then that doubt should dissappear. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I completely agree with the OP. 

All it takes is one bad game, or a bad refereeing decision and there’s only 4 points in it. The filth have been on a shocking run, but OF aside they’ve only drawn two more games than us and have a history of steamrolling the shite in the SPFL where we've faltered previously. 

I am loving life as a Rangers supporter, but football can turn on you quickly. 

I do think if all things remain equal and we win the OF at Ibrox then we’re are near enough over the line. Also really need to win any kind of silverware (with the league cup being an open goal) to start convincing me this is our year. 

I’m in the same boat re: if we come out of the OF 10 points ahead I’ll be far more confident that it’s ours.

But still, as you say, it’s the fact that they keep running over the top of all the rest of the shite that really holds me back. I hadn’t really stopped to think that the bheasts have only drawn 2 more than us. It makes their timplosion even more mental.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The League Cup is monumental, Hibs are the only tricky side left so hopefully Alloa dump them out on Tuesday night. 

Exactly. 

Getting that cup back to Ibrox would be a tremendous shot in the arm for us & hopefully provide an extra incentive/impetus as the league moves on. 

On 11/12/2020 at 09:18, ThenNowForever said:

If we are at least 7 points clear come 1 February then I will be confident. The next 7 or so weeks will be massive with the fixtures we have

How many times have we seen 8PTS clawed back in the last few weeks of the season? Fair do's, it was usually us, but this is a different Rangers. 7PTS is fuck all

6 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

How many times have we seen 8PTS clawed back in the last few weeks of the season? Fair do's, it was usually us, but this is a different Rangers. 7PTS is fuck all

I don’t actually know apart from the season they lost 3 - 2 at Inverness.

if we are comfortable come the start of February then I will say this is a different Rangers 

8 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Will win the league cup easily. None of those sides can live with this Rangers. 

Hivs took points off us and are one of the few clubs capable of really lifting their game and giving us difficulty.

And btw if we rest too many against St Mirren it could blow up in our face.

The fact that we rested key players away in Europe on Thursday and still played to the same extremely high standard makes it very difficult to see how we don’t absolutely coast the league tbh. Injuries and suspensions shouldn’t be a problem with the depth we have. We’re playing the best football we’ve played in 20 years. It would be the most catastrophic fuck up if we somehow threw it away

I’m not worried about over confidence etc I’m worried about our reaction to a league defeat, should it happen this season. If it doesn’t we’re champions. I’d give anything to go undefeated this season but our issue has always been mentality, we never seemed able to block out a bad result in the next game, especially domestically. 

fRcDOEZ.png

This is how it currently stands. The fixtures in red are our more difficult games and the others in white are more winnable. We have 22 games to go with a 2 game cushion, potentially 11 are white and 11 are red, depending on the split. If we beat Dundee Utd today we are guaranteed to be 1st on matchday 19, which is the halfway point in the season. 

Clearly on current form the league is ours as we look miles better than everyone else, but form can change quickly. The scum will likely get themselves back on track. We're in an excellent position but the league isn't over yet, anyone who says otherwise is only trying to put added pressure on our team. Right now I'm just enjoying each game as they come, we have been brilliant to watch.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We could lose our next 5 games and we are still guaranteed to be 1st on matchday 21...

You're right because of when the fixtures will be played, but I'm only looking at when it becomes mathematically impossible for anyone to catch us. Ignoring the dates of when the games will be played and comparing to the maximum points total other teams in the league can achieve.

Edit: I shouldn't have said matchday 19, I meant to say fixture round 19.

Archived