Jump to content

****Official Dundee United v Rangers match thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the third name on the team sheet    😂 

They didn't trouble us once in the 2nd half, was an absolute canter but due to no goals it always felt nervy.  We are different gravy this season and this fenian packed country are Furious about

I've not seen it mentioned, but we have to take into account the team played a game in Poland on Thursday, probably back into Glasgow early hours of Friday, then up to Dundee on Sunday for a noon kick

Posted Images

Some good selection headaches to have. 

I've no idea about a selection - don't really know where to start because everyone can come in and do a good job and contribute well so I'd trust our manager to look at what sort of weaknesses Dundee United might have and then select some players based on that.

For example he could look at the way Dundee United midfield might line up (and without me knowing a thing about their midfield) could see a player that Davis' experience could pass around, someone that's slow that Arfield could zip past in pockets of space, or two less-intelligent players that the likes of Aribo could sucker in with the ball at his feet in dangerous areas.

There's all sorts of factors to consider when picking these teams - which I think our coaching staff does.

That said, I'd like to see Helander back after a few weeks and I'd like Itten to play too.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Some good selection headaches to have. 

I've no idea about a selection - don't really know where to start because everyone can come in and do a good job and contribute well so I'd trust our manager to look at what sort of weaknesses Dundee United might have and then select some players based on that.

For example he could look at the way Dundee United midfield might line up (and without me knowing a thing about their midfield) could see a player that Davis' experience could pass around, someone that's slow that Arfield could zip past in pockets of space, or two less-intelligent players that the likes of Aribo could sucker in with the ball at his feet in dangerous areas.

There's all sorts of factors to consider when picking these teams - which I think our coaching staff does.

That said, I'd like to see Helander back after a few weeks and I'd like Itten to play too.  

I’d go baws oot on Sunday and give the likes of Itten, Helander and Bassey a game on Wednesday night in the cup v St Mirren. 👍🏻

Bad Robot and billscott like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, B1872 said:

I’d go baws oot on Sunday and give the likes of Itten, Helander and Bassey a game on Wednesday night in the cup v St Mirren. 👍🏻

You know it's honestly just a matter of preference in that I wouldn't even be against that either, any combo, any game and I'm confident it will be just fine.

I just think itten on Sunday, off the back of last night it's important while the momentum is there to keep it going and build him that wee bit more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

You know it's honestly just a matter of preference in that I wouldn't even be against that either, any combo, any game and I'm confident it will be just fine.

I just think itten on Sunday, off the back of last night it's important while the momentum is there to keep it going and build him that wee bit more.

He's been in and out of the team and put an absolute shift in last night, might be better having him off the bench. 

chris182 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

.                  Shagger

Tav     Goldson      Helander   Bassey

                         Davis

          Aribo                  Kamara

Roofe               Itten                 Kent 

 

Dropping Balogun is nothing to do with form. If Helander is fit he'll need game time. 

Similar with Barisic. If we've got a ready made replacement who's just as good then rotate when can. 

Rest of the team picks itself imo. Think Big Itten deserves to start on Sunday. 

      

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have they still got players self-isolating (not that it should matter)?

Obviously the league is number one priority but I really want that first trophy so we need to be 100% against St Mirren too.

The current model (get the game secure ASAP and then sub/rest players as required) is working well for us. Keep it going.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, King Jela said:

.                  Shagger

Tav     Goldson      Helander   Bassey

                         Davis

          Aribo                  Kamara

Roofe               Itten                 Kent 

 

Dropping Balogun is nothing to do with form. If Helander is fit he'll need game time. 

Similar with Barisic. If we've got a ready made replacement who's just as good then rotate when can. 

Rest of the team picks itself imo. Think Big Itten deserves to start on Sunday. 

      

Balogun for me, the cup midweek is when to reintroduce Helander for game time before a league return.

Shearer likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

 

This would be my side as well.

Then Bassey, Defoe, Itten, Zungu, Aribo and McLaughlin in for St Mirren in midweek.

Could play Aribo instead of Kamara but we only seem to do that when Jack plays at 6.

With Davis not involved last night that says to me he’ll start.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...