****Official Dundee United v Rangers match thread

Scottywellhousetb

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I know its not over until April or May, but if we win tomorrow and the filth dont get 3 points, then we beat Murderwell, it's a huge mountain to climb for the puddle drinkers, and psychologically massive.

100% its about maintaining dominance and give celtic nothing at all to cling too. Even if they have a hard fought victory against killie tomorrow in the grand scheme of the league they havent moved any and there's still a big point deficit. 

if they drop any the 10inarow slips further away and the fans get even more raging 

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

100% its about maintaining dominance and give celtic nothing at all to cling too. Even if they have a hard fought victory against killie tomorrow in the grand scheme of the league they havent moved any and there's still a big point deficit. 

if they drop any the 10inarow slips further away and the fans get even more raging 

I was thinking something similar earlier - imagine we won at Tannadice then an few hours later (if they've had a hard-fought win against Kilmarnock) what frame of mind does that put them in that they've just gave it all and had a hard-fought victory but ultimately all that's done has stopped them from losing more ground on us.

That's a psychological drain and mental battle that is. 

Mcgregor 

Tav    Goldson Balogun  Barasic

Davis

Kamara            Arfield

Roofe                      Kent

Morelos

Think we're in a great place just now I'm going for 3-0 us.🇬🇧🇬🇧

5 hours ago, J_RFC87 said:

Can't see him starting Defoe tbh, would be Itten or more likely Morelos 

Agree with rest 

I wouldn’t either but I don’t think it’s unfeasible at all that he’ll start JD given he’s done it already in the league this season. Added to that, Itten put in a helluva shift on Thursday and Alfie’s shot-shy at the moment.  Could easily see him doing it.

4 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I was thinking something similar earlier - imagine we won at Tannadice then an few hours later (if they've had a hard-fought win against Kilmarnock) what frame of mind does that put them in that they've just gave it all and had a hard-fought victory but ultimately all that's done has stopped them from losing more ground on us.

That's a psychological drain and mental battle that is. 

We kick off before them all the way up to the old firm I'm sure.

Keep winning and they'll go into every game knowing they have to win just to stay in it. That kind of pressure they are struggling with already. 

Archived