That’s ok with me

British_Empire

We were nervy watching the game play out and should have been more comfortable but, apart from them being overly physical, they created the square root of fuck all in the second half. In reality, we were totally in control and should have won by more. Anyone saying anything else is praying we drop points so GiRFUY. 

1 hour ago, LegendofCoop said:

Yes. I can't recall if it was a Killie player or a Hibs player that had this happen to earlier in the season, but the same happened to them. I'd be more surprised if nothing was done tbh. 

I disagree with that part about his mentality. He's vastly improved this season. No idea what was going through his head today, but that's the worst thing he's done this season by a mile. 

As for his value, well there's lots of factors to take into account....goal scoring is only one of them. Granted he's not doing that at all right now, but I don't know how much that affects his value tbh! 

Na mate, I have to disagree re mentality. But that’s cool, we can agree to disagree.

Yes, he’s had a quieter season but I think there are now a number of examples, not just in terms of on-field antics, where it’s clear he doesn’t have the temperament to be a top, top player.

And, crucially, it’s that failure to control his emotions, and to focus his mind, that has prevented clubs from coming in for him.  So clearly, other managers/clubs think that too. We can’t keep calling him a young guy who will learn, he’s 24.  The truth is, he’s not learning. Today wouldn’t have happened if he has learnt his lesson.

Re value, I think you’re clutching at straws mate. In his present form, we don’t even get £10m for him. 

Thing is we all said before that if you took the edge out of Morelos you would dampen the raw talent and I do think this has happened.

He no longer plays on the limits and that means he is nowhere near the player he was. He has been coached to link up and come deep and make the passes and he is doing precisely what he has been coached to do. The net result is a player not scoring, not contributing as much, but equally not getting sent off. 

I don’t know which I prefer, the maverick renegade goal scorer or the compliant team player. Either one is probably better moved on. 

1 hour ago, Blueshoff said:

Funny how Alfie does something wrong and it's scrunitised by half time while the lego muncher can elbow and stamp on opponents every other week and nothing is done. 

In fairness, it’s not about anyone else or what they get away with, it’s about us winning 55 and putting petulance or ego or whatever fucking huff he’s in on the back burner. 

I was all for Morelos being our number 1 striker but Itten is really starting to push him for that spot on merit.  Itten is a bit of an unknown quantity in the big games which will probably count against him for now.

A very good second half with not real pressure for McGregor, which was great to see. Also a good sign that we managed to find a way through such a packed defense. Couldve been a lot more, but ill take it. Another 3 points towards the 55th and no injuries. A good day overall. 

3 points was the priority , and i thought we won with ease , would have liked to see Morelos replaced with Itten or Defoe at half time , but not once did i think we were in trouble .

Watched the Bheasts against Killie , and the Yahoos were awful again , really nervous looking .

Every game this season is going to be nerve wracking because of what it means. Also, because we’ve blew up the last 2 seasons it has affected my confidence. However, we are a different beast this year and as each week goes past I think it will get less nervy. That’s what I’m telling myself anyway, until Wednesday night when I’ll be shitting my pants again. 

11 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Wasn’t impressed by the management at all in terms of how long the Morelos for Itten substitution actually took.

It’s been an issue with Gerrard since his arrival at the club that he refuses to make subs until at least the 60th minute, if at all.

It worked out alright today because we got the win but I hope at some stage we aren’t drawing attention to this problem because we have dropped points 

I generally agree with you about Gerrard being far too late with substitutions, and it's my main criticism of him despite really rating him.

However, I have sympathy with the Morelos situation. Whilst in a vacuum the best thing to do was to hook him really early, there has to be consideration for what that would do to a player like Morelos. He's obviously a very emotional player who is going through a really bad spell in front of goal. Pulling him off early could shatter his confidence and/or cause a very public (either in the dressing room or in front of the cameras) show of dissent.

It's not totally fair for me to make assumptions as I don't know him, but I get the impression that Morelos needs handled with kid gloves and, rightly or wrongly, probably gets more leeway than other players.

54 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

I generally agree with you about Gerrard being far too late with substitutions, and it's my main criticism of him despite really rating him.

However, I have sympathy with the Morelos situation. Whilst in a vacuum the best thing to do was to hook him really early, there has to be consideration for what that would do to a player like Morelos. He's obviously a very emotional player who is going through a really bad spell in front of goal. Pulling him off early could shatter his confidence and/or cause a very public (either in the dressing room or in front of the cameras) show of dissent.

It's not totally fair for me to make assumptions as I don't know him, but I get the impression that Morelos needs handled with kid gloves and, rightly or wrongly, probably gets more leeway than other players.

I love Morelos and I think his form will return in time but right now he is going through a terrible run of form and we are trying to win a title, he needs dropped.

If we had conceded a late equaliser his confidence could have been battered even further because a lot of the support would then have looked to all the missed opportunities he had and he would have received a lot more stick than he currently is.

1 hour ago, SonicWill said:

I sympathise with Morelos on this, it’s certainly happened to me on quite a few occasions.

14 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

We battered them apart from a 5 min spell when they scored.

McGregor had nothing to do.

Bo concern with that performance.

3 away games in a week 3 wins.

The bandwagon rolls on

This is it, as they said during the game (at least on ssb), sometimes you need to grind out a nasty 1 goal winner at an away ground. It's not alwats going to be 0-3,0-4 or 0-8. A 0-1 win gets you 3 points, and our goal difference is already immense so its not a real concern as those high scoring games always do look likely

15 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Wasn’t impressed by the management at all in terms of how long the Morelos for Itten substitution actually took.

It’s been an issue with Gerrard since his arrival at the club that he refuses to make subs until at least the 60th minute, if at all.

It worked out alright today because we got the win but I hope at some stage we aren’t drawing attention to this problem because we have dropped points 

Very surprised morelos appeared in the second half,  if he had picked up a second yellow then S.G. would have got pelters,  and I am a huge fan of our manager,  in his defence perhaps if he had subbed Alfie at half time it would have pinpointed the fact he was very lucky not to see red, but we did get away with one alright 

17 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

Funny how Alfie does something wrong and it's scrunitised by half time while the lego muncher can elbow and stamp on opponents every other week and nothing is done. 

100% agree!

There was an elbow in their game by Julian which was arguably a lot worse than the Morelos incident. Off the ball into the players throat. 

There’s not been much sending offs in games this year, why should Morelos get treated differently. 

On 13/12/2020 at 14:30, .Williamson. said:

is the manager looking for an add for spec savers?how he thinks nothing in the challenge ,alf def,sizing up the challenge not looking at the ball.

Archived