SFA issue notice of complaint to Alfredo Morelos - tribunal

CR3

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, slimjim1690 said:

Was going to post the same point mate, the fact that whoever is making the complaint is anonymous just leads to corruption, the process is all wrong.

It was 2 complaints, Ian Crocker and Hugh Keevins.

Ally and Alex Rae backed them up.

2 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Was going to post the same point mate, the fact that whoever is making the complaint is anonymous just leads to corruption, the process is all wrong.

You missed out the word "TAIGs" just after anonymous.

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Spot on. 

We can accept it's a red card. But again the CO is not applying retrospective bans across the board. 

I know it's been done to death but again the example is brown. Last month he hit out with an elbow in the sheep game and the CO didn't take it forward after review. 

It's bullshit by the CO saying one incident deserves the ban and the other doesn't. 

It really is frustrating and it will never stop as long as it SFA/SPFL are run by tarriers for tarriers, I hope that every incident from other teams that is not called in is recorded by Rangers and then at the end of the season they are all sent to the SFA with a strongly worded letter.

It will not stop it, but let them know it is being logged for future reference.   

7 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

It’s not right. I’d have preferred them to take it as far as it’ll go. When we win this year we did it despite the bastardised state of Scottish football,it’ll be easier to highlight that at the end of the season if we didn’t just accept it and take what they give us. 

I understand your point and wish we would be more aggressive in our battle with the SFA, but I think this is one they cannot win and I would be keeping track of what is not called in and calling them out at the end of the season.

All about opinions mate, we all have them, and that is what makes forums so good. 

9 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

That is absolutely not the point FFS.

If he’d got a red at the time, then fair enough.

But this “I gave a yellow because I saw it but I didn’t give a red because I didn’t see it” is absolute bullshit.

We’ve gone past debating whether it merited a red - most agree he should have gone - what we’re talking about it is blatant dishonesty because of who the player is and who he plays for.

Truth is mate, the ref did us a massive favour by not deeming it a red at the time. We should be thankful that was the case. It was a red all day long and now we/Alfie rightfully take our medicine.

I’m more pissed off that it doesn’t ever seem to happen to the likes of that wee fanny Brown etc 

9 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Stamped on O'Halloran when he could easily have avoided it, nothing to see here.

I never watch them play now unless against ourselves but I do see these kind of things brought up here all the time, it is a very uneven playing field as we all know, but nothing we can do about it as long as the SFA/SPFL are full of tarriers. :headwall: 

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I understand your point and wish we would be more aggressive in our battle with the SFA, but I think this is one they cannot win and I would be keeping track of what is not called in and calling them out at the end of the season.

All about opinions mate, we all have them, and that is what makes forums so good. 

Yes it’s also a good place to let of steam. I was fucking furious earlier, not so bad now. 

It does annoy me why we take what they give us. It’ll be an easier argument to win if they don’t have the excuse of “why didn’t you appeal.” 
We won’t win it but that just goes to highlight the corruption more. 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Corrupt as fuck though .Double standard fuck pigs at the Spfl and Sfa 

What punishment did Edwardo get against Killie in first few weeks of season 🤔And it was worse for me 

Spot on EJ, the Edouard incident is every bit as clear and ‘punishable’ under the rules of the game, different story from Sport Scene, Keevens etc, etc... I mentioned the Brown stamp incident from 2 weeks ago , no witch-hunt there and no punishment but just as obvious in my opinion and violent. No issue with the overall outcome of the incident, stupidity from Morelos but there is no parity in this system it would appear, certainly involving celtic personnel...

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Yes it’s also a good place to let of steam. I was fucking furious earlier, not so bad now. 

It does annoy me why we take what they give us. It’ll be an easier argument to win if they don’t have the excuse of “why didn’t you appeal.” 

If we appealed we would probably still lose and Alfredo would get a longer ban meaning he’s unavailable for St Johnstone away a week tomorrow.  Giving they’re on a good run it’s a game I would rather have him available for.

Think this time the club done the right thing and we just need to suck it up for now. 

1 minute ago, Robmc1 said:

Spot on EJ, the Edouard incident is every bit as clear and ‘punishable’ under the rules of the game, different story from Sport Scene, Keevens etc, etc... I mentioned the Brown stamp incident from 2 weeks ago , no witch-hunt there and no punishment but just as obvious in my opinion and violent. No issue with the overall outcome of the incident, stupidity from Morelos but there is no parity in this system it would appear, certainly involving celtic personnel...

Great post Rob .Wish I could have found those words but that’s how I see it exactly 👍

4 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

It is so bloody annoying to see Rangers players cited and selick ones hardly ever, especially Brown who is a habitual offender but never seems to get done after a game, but that is mainly down to a media who give no attention to his assaults but highlight every one a Rangers player does. Alfie is unfortunately someone who they can latch onto because of his past offences.

11 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

If we appealed we would probably still lose and Alfredo would get a longer ban meaning he’s unavailable for St Johnstone away a week tomorrow.  Giving they’re on a good run it’s a game I would rather have him available for.

Think this time the club done the right thing and we just need to suck it up for now. 

There is that, might also be concerned a failed appeal could of made him unavailable for the bastardised teams game. 
We have sucked it up for a while now, it’s getting to the point where we have to fight back sometime. You would of thought getting gift wrapped a league title would be enough but these bastards are relentless. 

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It is so bloody annoying to see Rangers players cited and selick ones hardly ever, especially Brown who is a habitual offender but never seems to get done after a game, but that is mainly down to a media who give no attention to his assaults but highlight every one a Rangers player does. Alfie is unfortunately someone who they can latch onto because of his past offences.

Watched their game on Sunday, Julian elbowed a player in the neck, player was down for a while got a little mention but no close ups. Kilmarnock was certain it should of been a penalty and every bit as worthy of a red card as Morelos one was. Try finding any clips of that though!  Needless to say it didn’t get shown on the fenians sportscene. 

Hope this doesn't have a negative effect on the team, yet again Alfredo in the headlines for the wrong reasons and directly impacting the team.

Always at this time of year, if things start to go wrong then this will be the 3rd year in a row our best striker has damaged the teams chances.....obviously I hope that doesn't happen and as good as I believe Morelos has been this season if it does then we should cash in. Every time he does stuff like this it only brings his value down.

19 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

The scum to a man would completely ignore any injustice or be apathetic to any non punishment 

Our lot would quite happily see him hanged 

16 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Watched their game on Sunday, Julian elbowed a player in the neck, player was down for a while got a little mention but no close ups. Kilmarnock was certain it should of been a penalty and every bit as worthy of a red card as Morelos one was. Try finding any clips of that though!  Needless to say it didn’t get shown on the fenians sportscene. 

That is what we are up against. 

1 hour ago, ScottBF2 said:

You can complain when you look at the bigger picture. If the same people have looked at Morelos, who didn’t make contact and said it’s a red and also looked at the reversed situation earlier in the season where contact was made, how is one a ban and the other isn’t?

What one is that earlier in the season? 

No being a dick btw, just genuinely asking as I'm just back far work and no caught up.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

That is absolutely not the point FFS.

If he’d got a red at the time, then fair enough.

But this “I gave a yellow because I saw it but I didn’t give a red because I didn’t see it” is absolute bullshit.

We’ve gone past debating whether it merited a red - most agree he should have gone - what we’re talking about it is blatant dishonesty because of who the player is and who he plays for.

I just don't get that argument. Even if the ref has seen it, they have a rule which states if it's serious foul play the compliance officer can still act on it.H Happenedto MacKinnon of Hamilton and Carroll at Motherwell. 

I'm just seeing it more black and white. He committed a red card offense and got a red card. 

No saying am right either mate, just the way I see it.

Archived