SFA issue notice of complaint to Alfredo Morelos - tribunal

CR3

12 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I don't know if most fans are. Point is Morelos was guilty of an infringement the ref saw it and gave him a yellow. Teams that have done the same infringement this season at most got a yellow so why should the ref have given him more? The CO's office need to explain why they undermined the ref's decision

The CO felt the official missed an instance of violent conduct. 

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

Nah, I've had enough mate. We win on 2nd Jan and 55 is in the bag, and we can't trust this guy to stay on the park. I've been as guilty as any of making excuses for him in the past, but the stakes are too high now. 

If we don't drop points before and beat septic on 2nd January we will be in a very strong position but I will wait to see what sort of lead we have at the end of January before saying it's in the bag.. tricky fixtures after septic. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The CO felt the official missed an instance of violent conduct. 

They should be made to explain the decision as it's unclear why he was given a yellow then got a ban

Do you have connections to get to the bottom of this story?

Just now, Sweetheart said:

They should be made to explain the decision as it's unclear why he was given a yellow then got a ban

He got the ban because the club accepted he'd committed violent conduct which had been missed be the referee and accepted a two match ban. 

Morelos getting the ban doesn't bother me, he was lucky to be on the pitch but the thing that does bother me is how blatent the scottish FA is with what cases is picks up for action. There's so many other high profile injuries that's happend that has gone unpunished.

The challenge on connoly being a yellow stinks of making up an excuse to get him banned

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

So why did the ref book him in the first place if the CO is saying the ref didn't see him leading with is arm?

It's very unclear dude

Thats literally the opposite of what I've said. He was booked for leading with his arm in the challenge. Ref missed the wee flick at the end that most seem to agree merited a red.

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He got the ban because the club accepted he'd committed violent conduct which had been missed be the referee and accepted a two match ban. 

So what DID the referee see to merit a yellow card?

Seems like his version is flip-flopping all over the place to suit the default anti-Rangers stance.

Did the referee see what Morelos actually did or not?

87DFC5A0-DDE0-424D-9B2F-F1C1AAA59B48.gif.20d8ec23754da312020a8e3cf42efb0c.gif

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Thats literally the opposite of what I've said. He was booked for leading with his arm in the challenge. Ref missed the wee flick at the end that most seem to agree merited a red.

It's still not clear on why the ref booked him and the need for CO intervention. The only contact made was with his arm. so what did the ref see to warrant the yellow.

3 hours ago, ScottBF2 said:

Was it Edwards on Morelos? The one he studs Morelos in the knee. Actual damage done to a player which thankfully wasn’t as serious as it first looked but which resulted in the player having to be taken off. 

Morelos deserved a red, aye, but if a panel of ex referees look at those two incidents and decide the one involving Morelos where no contact was made was the worse of the two then the games fucked.

I'm no just playing devils advocate here, but the Dundee utd boys tackle was not meant at all imo. I can see the argument that it's endangering an opponent however and excessive force. 

For the 'forearm smash' ( mhank Caldwell) that never happened.

But it is Alfie/Rangers and  you know knew he would be screwed.

I watched the physical stuff he was getting from Connolly off the ball and could sense his frustration.The fly  low profile hammer throwers get away with it.

Morelos needs to wise up...but how long have we been repeating that mantra.

9 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

So what DID the referee see to merit a yellow card?

Seems like his version is flip-flopping all over the place to suit the default anti-Rangers stance.

Did the referee see what Morelos actually did or not?

87DFC5A0-DDE0-424D-9B2F-F1C1AAA59B48.gif.20d8ec23754da312020a8e3cf42efb0c.gif

He saw him jump into Connolly leading with his arm, he never saw the wee bit at the end.

He got away with one that had it been spotted could have had a massive effect on the result. Totally stupidity on his part.

They've looked at it again and suspended him. Fait enough. It actually suits us, misses 2 games which I would have dropped him for anyway. 

Give him a chance to reflect and push on and try and earn his place back if Roofe or especially Itten take their chance.

It's a negative story we don't need to worry about. Hopefully the wee spends the next couple of weeks working on getting back to his best.

53 minutes ago, The Dude said:

thats 100% right  it suits us anyway  as if we appealed and lost he would get a 3 match ban   i am sure he would not have started tonight and sat at home to motherwell is another good game for him to miss

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

We can all complain on here until the subject of parity is done to death but unless the club speak out then the authorities will continue to walk all over us and all to the benefit of the beasts in the east end.

why does the club need to speak every sane and honest would admit it was a red card all day long  we would have been screaming on here if it happened in reverse

Archived