Bottlers

GOAT

13 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

Did we "bottle" it when we went behind against liege  ...twice?

Or 2 nil down against Braga last season. 

I remember Walter's teams getting pumped 3 times in one week at Ibrox from them, Falkirk FFS then AEK. Pumped out 2 cups in 7 days.

Were his teams bottlers too?

I fully understand how massive tonight was and how it could affect our season. 

But it won't. Previous 27 games this season tell me that.

Walter Smith teams also won things. 

I’m not saying we can’t go on a long run again but the next few weeks will be interesting and at the moment it looks like we are out a very winnable cup and the scum are playing in a winnable final. Massive swings in mentality - possibly...

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Fuckin calm down a get the devastation btw feeling that way myself but its a massive fortnight of football ahead we find ourselves in a fantastic position still. 

Saturday Wednesday and next Saturday is huge tho

The two games at Ibrox aren’t a worry. The away games are.

Think it’s St Johnstone, St Mirren, Aberdeen, Motherwell and then Hibs. 

Fair to say that those 5 games will go a long way to deciding how we’ll do.

9 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It’s a massive lift for those bastards as well. They know there’s mistakes still in us and we’re not invincible in this league. 

Tonight was a huge result and one that’ll probably turn the season on its head

It’s not

and it won’t 

they suddenly won’t start playing fantastic football because we got put out a cup. 

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

Gerrard and this team has literally bottled every domestic cup since he's arrived.

Why should we think any different?

Because we are a better team than previous seasons. Prior to this one disappointment don’t think anyone would of argued against that. 

There are many harsh reactions tonight by good honest speaking supporters of our club. I, myself have been looking for our manager's interview (which I have yet to see) to find what he says for himself. However, I look back fondly to four hours ago when we were probably one of the most form teams in world football. And as pissed off as I am I know I should shut the fuck up (mental thoughts) and calm down and look forward to Saturday. 

7 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Considering smith had just won 5 out of the six trophies the two seasons before Falkirk, your argument for them being bottlers is ridiculous.  Oh and had just won six in a row aswell...

I'm not having a go at Walter's teams/nor especially am I calling them bottlers (nothing could be farther from the truth) as I had the pleasure of watching them win trophy after trophy. 

My point is to call our current squad bottlers after one loss is laughable. 

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

Because we are a better team than previous seasons. Prior to this one disappointment don’t think anyone would of argued against that. 

Twice we have gone behind in Scotland.

How many times have we won?... 0

Do you not think a sign of Champions is coming from behind to win?

47 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

How is getting beat by bottom of the league hysteria? That was fucking disgusting 

They've been on a good unbeaten run and aren't bottom of the league ffs. Aye we should be beating them but at least be accurate about them.

They also got their tactics against us at good as any team I've seen this season.

3 minutes ago, ThenNowForever said:

Walter Smith teams also won things. 

I’m not saying we can’t go on a long run again but the next few weeks will be interesting and at the moment it looks like we are out a very winnable cup and the scum are playing in a winnable final. Massive swings in mentality - possibly...

I agree bud. It could be a massive swing in mentality. But bottlers after the way we have played this season is madness. 

Getting hard to put it down to anything other than bottle. 7 trophies on the spin, but this has to be second to last year's final with the leagues being an accumulation of games, Euro exit being inevitable, and the other cups with them still being in the competition.

This is why I'm not getting excited about the league, some huge games up until the end of Jan and even if we get through that we are in uncharted territory.

I hope in May we can look back on this as a potentially beneficial sacrafice with a hectic schedule to come.

I can't remember going into each and every game with such nerves (00's games after the split when we won on the last day a few times maybe), certainly not at this stage of the season, but this result gives me the absolute fear that we could be subjected to a similar scenario to last January albeit from a stronger position, with more at stake and that would be incredibly hard to take.

I'm not for one second expecting it's going to happen his time and I hope my fears don't amount to anything, but on evidence and patterns of the last few seasons I just can't get excited.

3 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Twice we have gone behind in Scotland.

How many times have we won?... 0

Do you not think a sign of Champions is coming from behind to win?

We did that in Europe against better standard teams than we will get in this corrupt little league. 

I'm not willing to give this set the benefit of the doubt. Let's just forget about to all the other games this season, need to focus on this game and fuck all else.

3 goals conceeded. Defense are shite. Fuck the unbelievable stats beforehand.

Did Tav even get an assist or on the scoresheet, form is worrying. 

Don't get me fucking started on the strength of depth of this squad. 

2 minutes ago, tm91 said:

No, Walter was just tactically inept that first time around, which is why teams like Grasshoppers ran rings around us. He wasn't universally beloved for that reason.

What the fuck are you on about with us being underdogs v Falkirk? Read it again. It was an awful week in a season where we went on to win the league, because that side had won trebles and doubles and 6 in a row. It knew how to win. Bad games will happen and yes that happens in football, but that team had a track record of success. This team doesn't. It has a history of doing well in Europe, where they're under less expectations, and in the first half of seasons, but fucking it up in the cups and in the 2nd half of the season, when the pressure is actually on them.

I'll repeat what I put in another thread. Winning breeds winning. You need to learn how to win trophies in order to keep winning them. This team couldn't even win the league cup when it was provided with a silver platter. This is why people are calling them bottlers. 

Losing at home to Falkirk, not bottlers.

Losing away to St Mirren, bottlers?

I get the Walter's teams knew how to win trophies bud, fair point. 

2 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

I agree bud. It could be a massive swing in mentality. But bottlers after the way we have played this season is madness. 

Really hope you are right and I look back at this and think what the fuck was I worried about  but the scar tissue is there from the last few seasons at the moment. Guess we will see fairly soon

5 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

I'm not having a go at Walter's teams/nor especially am I calling them bottlers (nothing could be farther from the truth) as I had the pleasure of watching them win trophy after trophy. 

My point is to call our current squad bottlers after one loss is laughable. 

It’s not one loss.  It’s five cup losses and two league losses.  

Just now, ThenNowForever said:

Really hope you are right and I look back at this and think what the fuck was I worried about  but the scar tissue is there from the last few seasons at the moment. Guess we will see fairly soon

It's very much still there for every single one of us bud.

We might win fuck all this season, no one knows but calling our team bottlers is brutal tbh. Not saying you did btw.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The two games at Ibrox aren’t a worry. The away games are.

Think it’s St Johnstone, St Mirren, Aberdeen, Motherwell and then Hibs. 

Fair to say that those 5 games will go a long way to deciding how we’ll do.

Absolutely mate I've got everything crossed 👍

A reaction was always gonna be required at some point. Am gutted but would rather it happened tonight than v Dundee United or motherwell on Saturday. 

We don't just need the 3 points this weekend we need a performance. 

1 hour ago, philiprfc said:

I wasn't on board with the bottling patter until we conceded that last goal. That was absolutely criminal.

We only had Goldson on the park that can defend a cross was inevitable they would score from one of the two corners 

23 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Few drama queens cutting about in terms of how this effects the league

1 loss kickstarted an enormous spiral out of control last season. It shouldn't be understated the potential damage losing in the manner we did tonight might have on our immediate future.

4 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

We did that in Europe against better standard teams than we will get in this corrupt little league. 

Did we not do better than celtic last year and they beat us in the League?

This 'little league' means everything to me. 

Archived