Bottlers

GOAT

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Until the sqaud and management get over the line and win a trophy. The mentality is going to keep getting questioned. Going to need to take flack as the media stooges come back out from hiding. 

But I do think its mental how some are writing off the league. As bad as tonight it is our first loss and yes we absolutely fucked a great opportunity to land silverware. 

I'd say the run of games up to end of January now is going to define our season. If we use tonight as a massive kick up the arse and stay well in front of them, I think we'll take the league. 

Just have to hope this was a blip and not another spiral. 

I've no issue with any of that. Its the extremes based on our 1st defeat of the season mid December I find pretty mental tbh.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

We may well win at the weekend mate, but I have feeling this weekend will now be a heavy one . Our rivals will win 12 trophies on the spin . And that will put me on a downer , no matter how we spin it .

It's the following games after those . St Johnstone away , Hivs home . We give the scum a sniff and the pressure will then turn to us . I see it as a 7 point gap . It still feels comfortable , yet it can all go tits up within a few weeks .This shower have proved that than they can fuck up more times ,than  they can win a vital game from the jaws of defeat. 

I would suggest it must be about 10 -0 on that count last few seasons 

8 point gap. 20 goals difference or something.. But aye, youre right thats it fucked. 

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

I expected to challenge for the league and land one of the trophies 

based on the fact we had the second biggest budget in the country 

So if that's what you expected, we were one cup short of meeting your expectation. How's that then bottling the 3 competitions in the 1st season which is the view of some tonight?

6 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

I fuckin hope we win on Saturday mate.  All the games coming up concern me. 

I certainly hope so as well. I have always been wary of so many thinking we were some invincible team now and we would win the league easily, we still might but tonight has surely been a wake up call for us all whatever we thought this season might bring.

I had so hoped we would win this cup and it would give the players a boost going into the second part of the season, not to be unfortunately. :sad:

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Did you expect us to win the league and cups in Gerrards 1st season? If so, based on what?

I expect trophies from whoever is in charge regardless of it being 1st season or not.

Based on the fact we are fucking Rangers. 

Our normality is winning trophies.

9+ years of being severely oppressed to thinking otherwise has clearly fucked alot of our support up.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You expect us to win every league game?

Of course I do.  We have a team full of players worth millions of quid playing against players that are lucky to even be playing professional football most week.  The only team I expect to challenge us in anything is Celtic. Anyone that thinks differently obviously the lower leagues has warped their fucking minds. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

I expect trophies from whoever is in charge regardless of it being 1st season or not.

9+ years of being severely oppressed to thinking otherwise has clearly fucked alot of our support up.

A fucking men.

9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

We may well win at the weekend mate, but I have feeling this weekend will now be a heavy one . Our rivals will win 12 trophies on the spin . And that will put me on a downer , no matter how we spin it .

It's the following games after those . St Johnstone away , Hivs home . We give the scum a sniff and the pressure will then turn to us . I see it as a 7 point gap . It still feels comfortable , yet it can all go tits up within a few weeks .This shower have proved that than they can fuck up more times ,than  they can win a vital game from the jaws of defeat. 

I would suggest it must be about 10 -0 on that count last few seasons 

And remember , the scum think they have already blown the title . A sniff will be some dose of smelling salts 

Unfortunately I cannot disagree with any of that. I have been taking it one game at a time but did not expect this result tonight and feel absolutely gutted.

Going to try and get some sleep catch up tomorrow. :thumbup:

Just now, esquire8 said:

So you expected us to win the league and Cup double in season one of Gerrards tenure. Hence they bottled it by winning none of them.

If that's what you're actually saying, and I think you are, I think theres a dose of reality needed tbh.

5 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

It’s undeniable that they’ve been bottling it so far this season though. They’ve been utter shite in Europe and domestically. They’ve been knocked out of three competitions and have dropped points all over the place without going on a consistent run. I’m not denying that they’ve been very successful the past couple of seasons, and it can sometimes be useful to use comparisons for previous seasons but there’s no point obsessing over previous seasons and saying what happened then will definitely happen now, there’s completely different situations and factors at play now that must be taken into account.

They've been shite this season so far yet only bottled one domestic trophy so far.

We have been outstanding at times and bottled one domestic trophy so far.

They don't have scars from previous seasons.

We do.

For our support to start call them bottlers is fucking ridiculous. Really fucking stupid.

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So if that's what you expected, we were one cup short of meeting your expectation. How's that then bottling the 3 competitions in the 1st season which is the view of some tonight?

1 cup short and a league challenge 

we got into a decent position to challenge and then bottled it over 2 month period 

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Of course I do.  We have a team full of players worth millions of quid playing against players that are lucky to even be playing professional football most week.  The only team I expect to challenge us in anything is Celtic. Anyone that thinks differently obviously the lower leagues has warped their fucking minds. 

So really you're saying tonight's OP was getting posted once defeated regardless of opposition, or competition, or circumstance until we won the league cup and league.

Thats pretty fucking ridiculous as an expectation for teams to go on such an unbeaten run. But aye bottlers ffs.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So you expected us to win the league and Cup double in season one of Gerrards tenure. Hence they bottled it by winning none of them.

If that's what you're actually saying, and I think you are, I think theres a dose of reality needed tbh.

Which dose of reality is that? The same dose that has been given to us for 9+ years? 

Why couldn't we win A trophy in his first year in charge? Why not?

Who the fuck said we expected a treble? 

Winning a trophy breeds a winning mentality.

Bottling every trophy breeds a bottlers mentality.

We are Rangers.

We win trophies.

That's it.

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I certainly hope so as well. I have always been wary of so many thinking we were some invincible team now and we would win the league easily, we still might but tonight has surely been a wake up call for us all whatever we thought this season might bring.

I had so hoped we would win this cup and it would give the players a boost going into the second part of the season, not to be unfortunately. :sad:

Great opportunity to go on and win silverware and we fucked it again tonight. The league is far from over and the next month or so concern me. Hope to fuck the manager and players are up for it.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So really you're saying tonight's OP was getting posted once defeated regardless of opposition, or competition, or circumstance until we won the league cup and league.

Thats pretty fucking ridiculous as an expectation for teams to go on such an unbeaten run. But aye bottlers ffs.

I’ll tell you what’s ridiculous the fact we haven’t won a trophy in five seasons of being back in the top flight.

8 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They've been shite this season so far yet only bottled one domestic trophy so far.

We have been outstanding at times and bottled one domestic trophy so far.

They don't have scars from previous seasons.

We do.

For our support to start call them bottlers is fucking ridiculous. Really fucking stupid.

It’s also a case that this Celtic team don’t need to start all of a sudden start playing like us and putting 3 or 4 goals past every team they encounter . they just need to start winning against the rest of the dross in the league for momentum to build and it would be foolish to think they don’t have in their locker as recent history unfortunately suggests they do . We just have to hope we have properly turned a corner and can brush this defeat off And get back to winning ways and not give them a sniff.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Which dose of reality is that? The same dose that has been given to us for 9+ years? 

Why couldn't we win A trophy in his first year in charge? Why not?

Who the fuck said we expected a treble? 

Winning a trophy breeds a winning mentality.

Bottling every trophy breeds a bottlers mentality.

We are Rangers.

We win trophies.

That's it.

Because generally the club paying more, with better players, spending more on new signings do better overca season than others. As has been proven until something changes that which hopefully is this season.

Folk saying we bottled it 7/7 serm to be saying just that. How else do you describe that term used unless there was an expectation to win them all?

We are Rangers, we will win trophies. A defeat tonight isn't definitively turning our season upside down. The reality is its mid December and our only defeat. Time will tell how damaging if at all but the number of folk who have imploded is fucking mental give our league and European positions.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Bottled it by losing to serial bottlers/losers Aberdeen in the semi and quarters of the cups.

Bottled it by shitting the bed after beating the tarriers, and unsurprisingly getting back to a run of wins when it was over.

So yes, bottlers. Same for last season. 

Until a trophy is won we’ll be bottlers/losers.

4 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I’ll tell you what’s ridiculous the fact we haven’t won a trophy in five seasons of being back in the top flight.

Aye, and cos we've not we should just wrote this season off too gibmven a mid December defeat in the cup means the league is fucked.

Its a first defeat. Time will tell what level of impact it has on the season but fuck sake it proves nothing. Though me now getting you expect to win every game, every comp, every season I now get why you've crumbled and they're all bottlers to you.

8 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think everyone thought this cup was ours. Can't hide it's an absolute kick in the balls to fail again. We're going to get a lot of shite for it. 

It's now seeing how we respond come Saturday. Hopefully this turns out to be one bad game and we turn it around quickly.  One game at a time. 

Archived