Bottlers

GOAT

12 hours ago, GOAT said:

Now I know you’re taking the cunt.  Last reply to you. 

Whenever I see posters on here pulling people up for their grammar on a football fans forum I always think, what a dick.

Then I go and do it myself. 

So yes, I was being a dick last night with that one. Hold my hands up there.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

I posted earlier this morning ( I think it was in this thread ) saying I didn't expect us to go the season unbeaten and my concern was always how we react to a loss, but this team's track record of coping with pressure doesn't fill me with confidence that we won't drop more than a few points before we meet the filth in January. 

Understandable given previous seasons , but this season hasn't shown that might be the case . 

I could be wrong , but there seems to be a more steely determination with this squad than previous ones . 

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

Bottlers - absolutely not.

We could and perhaps should have been 2 or 3 up after 30 mins. It was complacency that undid us. It was looking too easy.

It is that complacency we have to guard against. Once we took our foot off the gas we were screwed. A lesson that I trust the manager is hammering home this morning.

Any complacency was on the managers head and not the players. As for taking our foot off the gas bassey,aribo and Kent never got out of first gear. Bassey being taken to the cleaners by a st.Mirren journeyman shows why he was turfed out of Leicester. And the amount of goals lost because mcgregor is rooted to his line and won’t come for crosses is a joke, JM is a far more reliable keeper.

31 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

If he doesn't deliver the league this season he will be and rightly so.

He could be gone either way.  People seem to forget that Gerrard is starting to become an in demand manager.  If he left us he'd walk in to a job down South shortly after (not based on reputation but the good work he's done with us).  Then the question becomes, who the fuck do we replace him with?  Take a look across the city and you'll see there isn't many quality managers around willing to take on an Old Firm job.  

As I said, Gerrard could leave next summer regardless.  It'll be a bad day when he does because I do think we have one of the best young managers in Europe at the moment.

1 minute ago, Dickie said:

Any complacency was on the managers head and not the players. As for taking our foot off the gas bassey,aribo and Kent never got out of first gear. Bassey being taken to the cleaners by a st.Mirren journeyman shows why he was turfed out of Leicester. And the amount of goals lost because mcgregor is rooted to his line and won’t come for crosses is a joke, JM is a far more reliable keeper.

You say the manager is at fault not the players.  Then you go on to slate the forwards for not getting out of first gear, you've labelled Bassey a dud, and McGregor was at fault because he wont come for crosses.  Doesn't make much sense.  

Its true we would've taken just the league this year if it was offered at the start of the season. Doesn't mean it still doesn't hurt. If we played our best 11 last night then there's no danger we lose that and that's what maybe most of us have a gripe with. 

To go and do our run we just did is phenomenal but the first loss was always going to be this reaction and that creeping feeling of the last two seasons fuck ups creep in. 

We're at home at the weekend so i expect a performance and a win. 

We went from hunters to hunted.  30 minutes in I’d have put my mortgage on us not losing that match.  Hunting in packs as we’ve been doing most of the season.

Second half was Livingston away at the start of the season.

And fuck this blessing in disguise nonsense.  Two years in a row we should have won this.

Just now, TMB said:

You say the manager is at fault not the players.  Then you go on to slate the forwards for not getting out of first gear, you've labelled Bassey a dud, and McGregor was at fault because he wont come for crosses.  Doesn't make much sense.  

Manager picked the team obviously thinking it was a formality,if your resting players why have them on the bench. He picked bassey over barasic and paid the price,aribo looks as if he’s on a training pitch and it seems Kent is undropable and zungu is a poor mans andy Halliday and I doubt if he even knows what a forward pass is. Gerrard picked the guys I have slated so what doesn’t make sense?  And you slagging any cunts input after your nightmare last night is fucking laughable.

3 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

Its true we would've taken just the league this year if it was offered at the start of the season. Doesn't mean it still doesn't hurt. If we played our best 11 last night then there's no danger we lose that and that's what maybe most of us have a gripe with. 

To go and do our run we just did is phenomenal but the first loss was always going to be this reaction and that creeping feeling of the last two seasons fuck ups creep in. 

We're at home at the weekend so i expect a performance and a win. 

When the team was announced I was on social media and the vast majority of Rangers fans said we had put out a strong team.  It was filled with first-team regulars.  It was a clear sign that we were taking the competition seriously.  

Pre-match were you thinking this group of players Gerrard has chosen to start the match isn't good enough to beat St.Mirren?  

25 minutes ago, TMB said:

When the team was announced I was on social media and the vast majority of Rangers fans said we had put out a strong team.  It was filled with first-team regulars.  It was a clear sign that we were taking the competition seriously.  

Pre-match were you thinking this group of players Gerrard has chosen to start the match isn't good enough to beat St.Mirren?  

I thought that I wouldn't have rotated players. That I would have started the strongest possible starting 11. 

11 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I thought that I wouldn't have rotated players. That I would have started the strongest possible starting 11. 

It pretty much was the strongest possible starting eleven.  Bassey and Zungu were brought in but the rest are first-team regulars.  You're telling me we can't rest two players against St.Mirren?  We've been rotating this squad for months without any issue and beaten far superior opposition to St.Mirren.  So how do you explain that?  

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

It pretty much was the strongest possible starting eleven.  Bassey and Zungu were brought in but the rest are first-team regulars.  You're telling me we can't rest two players against St.Mirren?  We've been rotating this squad for months without any issue and beaten far superior opposition to St.Mirren.  So how do you explain that?  

So it wasn’t the strongest 11. 

especially when the majority of our problems came from one of those who we decided to bring in for last night 

we shouldn’t be resting anyone against Premier league opposition. You go with your best and get the job done 

26 minutes ago, TMB said:

Bassey had a nightmare. Was skint for a goal and gave away a penalty. They were marking Tavs out of the game. That meant we'd have the left wing to attack down in theory. Borna has more defensive pace and is a much better crosser too. No way was that our best 11 last night. 

Resting players in such an important game was risky. We paid the price for it.

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Bassey had a nightmare. Was skint for a goal and gave away a penalty. They were marking Tavs out of the game. That meant we'd have the left wing to attack down in theory. Borna has more defensive pace and is a much better crosser too. No way was that our best 11 last night. 

Resting players in such an important game was risky. We paid the price for it.

Bassey had done a very good job at full-back every opportunity he's had up until last night.  I never seen anyone question Bassey's inclusion, or the decision to rotate a couple of players prior to the match.

The team Rangers put on the pitch last night should've been more than good enough to beat St.Mirren.  Blaming a lack or quality in the first-team eleven as a reason for losing last nights game is ridiculous TBH.

56 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Yes, strongest team then play the other players when we are controlling the game.

57 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Rangers have been rotating the squad for months without issue.  In fact, the squad and management have been given nothing but praise for the recruitment, rotation, and results.  I can't remember you starting a thread during that time complaining it was all a big mistake.  

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Yes, strongest team then play the other players when we are controlling the game.

When the starting line up was announced, filled with regular starters, did you feel it wasn't strong enough to beat St.Mirren in the League Cup?  I can't recall anyone on here saying that.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

When the starting line up was announced, filled with regular starters, did you feel it wasn't strong enough to beat St.Mirren in the League Cup?  I can't recall anyone on here saying that.

I said at the time Zungu should have been paired with Kamara and Aribo should have sat out as he's not performed since his injury.  So you could say yes I thought it was the wrong team.

When Bassey was getting ripped he should have been off earlier as well.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

I said at the time Zungu should have been paired with Kamara and Aribo should have sat out as he's not performed since his injury.  So you could say yes I thought it was the wrong team.

Could not believe how bad Bassey was. Absolutely done by a tarrier who's maw and dad are brother and sister. 

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Zungu is worth more than St.Mirren's entire football club.  So what makes you think Rangers couldn't afford to rest Bassey and Davis against St.Mirren?  Remember, we had a team filled with first-team regulars: McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Balogun, Aribo, Roofe, Kent, Arfield, etc.  

Archived