45 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Duffy is probably earning more than the entire st mirren players and staffs what is your point. You give the ball to zungu and he gives you it straight back a complete waste of a jersey 

I thought zungu looked decent against ponznan but his first away domestic game against hairy arsed cunts willing to get in about you he did exactly what you said 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many of you howling at the moon fannies have actually experienced a title race, our support is pathetic online .  

Here comes the hysteria  

Any cunt who thinks the league over is a deluded tool. This could be a huge swing in the season.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, TMB said:

When the starting line up was announced, filled with regular starters, did you feel it wasn't strong enough to beat St.Mirren in the League Cup?  I can't recall anyone on here saying that.

Agreed, for all they(the defence) looked a bit disjointed, I commented during the game that I though the midfield 3 were really our problem. If they do not tick, Rangers do not tick. I will be honest and say I was ok with Bassey at lineup announcement. Not sure I would have taken Arfield off. The change for me was Zungu. 

berkshirebear and naepace like this
1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

I thought zungu looked decent against ponznan but his first away domestic game against hairy arsed cunts willing to get in about you he did exactly what you said 

15 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Agreed, for all they(the defence) looked a bit disjointed, I commented during the game that I though the midfield 3 were really our problem. If they do not tick, Rangers do not tick. I will be honest and say I was ok with Bassey at lineup announcement. Not sure I would have taken Arfield off. The change for me was Zungu. 

The issue isnt the personnel it was the system, zungu especially was guilty of passing backwards and sideways but like earlier against livi I'll defend them for it because its the only option 

We played 433 last night, with 2 number tens coming inside, st mirren were a 451 as far as i could see

So when zungu (or arfield or aribo) get the ball off our centre halves, in front of them is kent, itten and roofe, marked or covered by 3 st mirren midfielders and 2 st mirren centre halves, 8 players in the central corridor of the pitch, and thats at a minimum, if arfield or aribo make a move for a pass the other 2 st mirren midfielders tuck inside and squeeze the space, meaning all our midfield had was sideways or backwards passing 

Our insistence last night of playing 3 sitting mids against a defensively setup team is fucking criminal

21 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Nah aribo all day, he was miles out, we should have went 4231, taken aribo off for davis, moved arfield up to central 10 role

The No.9 likes this
3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The issue isnt the personnel it was the system, zungu especially was guilty of passing backwards and sideways but like earlier against livi I'll defend them for it because its the only option 

We played 433 last night, with 2 number tens coming inside, st mirren were a 451 as far as i could see

So when zungu (or arfield or aribo) get the ball off our centre halves, in front of them is kent, itten and roofe, marked or covered by 3 st mirren midfielders and 2 st mirren centre halves, 8 players in the central corridor of the pitch, and thats at a minimum, if arfield or aribo make a move for a pass the other 2 st mirren midfielders tuck inside and squeeze the space, meaning all our midfield had was sideways or backwards passing 

Our insistence last night of playing 3 sitting mids against a defensively setup team is fucking criminal

Zungu's positional sense was fantastic in the first half but I would like to see him take more risks. He is pretty much a carbon copy of Jack. He faded early in the second half and it was the correct decision to take him off.

Aribo & Arfield were not selected as sitting midfielders, they were just off the boil.

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I will be honest mate. Agree with everything u say. I see the 433 as set in industrial strength cement tho. Wrong tho that is.so I don't even consider formation now cause it will not change.

It is this refusal to change that has me worried. Concerned Steve knows nothing else.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Zungu's positional sense was fantastic in the first half but I would like to see him take more risks. He is pretty much a carbon copy of Jack. He faded early in the second half and it was the correct decision to take him off.

Aribo & Arfield were not selected as sitting midfielders, they were just off the boil.

Yep how I saw it too.

And I'm not sure it was tactical keeping Bassey more defensive minded than attack. I just think he allowed Connelly to force him back unlike Tav who again pushed forward. Borna resolved it, too late though.

bluenoz likes this
Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yep how I saw it too.

And I'm not sure it was tactical keeping Bassey more defensive minded than attack. I just think he allowed Connelly to force him back unlike Tav who again pushed forward. Borna resolved it, too late though.

Firstly, the decision not to play Barisic was bizarre. Secondly, we knew that they were doubling up on Tavernier so more reason to bolster the left side and thirdly, if he was going to insist on playing Bassey, then Kamara should have played to offer him support.

25 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Arfield was, watch the amount of times he either covered tav or moved across when the st mirren leftback moved up the park, aribo was poor but again as the left side of a midfield 3 he is tasked with moving across to the left hand side

Like you said, kamara is ideal at that role, aribo is better further up as part of the front 3 (if we are going to play that system) with less defensive work and more attacking play

4 hours ago, TMB said:

Rangers have been rotating the squad for months without issue.  In fact, the squad and management have been given nothing but praise for the recruitment, rotation, and results.  I can't remember you starting a thread during that time complaining it was all a big mistake.  

I didn't say that. Mentalist. I stated that he underestimated st mirren with the team selection. Squad rotation is all and welll, and I agree with it in general but why dilute the strength of the starting line-up in what would have been a great chance to pick up silverware?

SG took the rap for the result. Even he admitted he fucked up. 

26 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

You clearly didn't read my post. Repeating yourself now. Boring.

I’m not sure what you’re struggling to understand.  Rangers have been rotating the squad all season.  Gerrard’s management of the squad has received nothing but praise.  We’ve been brilliant all season while rotating the squad so why do you perceive this to be a problem now?  

1 hour ago, TMB said:

I’m not sure what you’re struggling to understand.  Rangers have been rotating the squad all season.  Gerrard’s management of the squad has received nothing but praise.  We’ve been brilliant all season while rotating the squad so why do you perceive this to be a problem now?  

Do you have reading difficulties? You clearly aren't reading my posts properly. I'm not interested in you repeating yourself and boring me to death. Do one. 

7 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Do you have reading difficulties? You clearly aren't reading my posts properly. I'm not interested in you repeating yourself and boring me to death. Do one. 

I can read just fine.  As I said, the squad have been rotating all season long. While rotation by the squad Gerrard has managed to win our Europa League group and put Rangers 13 points clear of celtic in the league. An incredible run of 27 games unbeaten.  We’ve just to label that wrong now and rip it up because we lost once?  Get a grip FFS.

Just now, TMB said:

I can read just fine.  As I said, the squad have been rotating all season long. While rotation by the squad Gerrard has managed to win our Europa League group and put Rangers 13 points clear of celtic in the league. An incredible run of 27 games unbeaten.  We’ve just to label that wrong now and rip it up because we lost once?  Get a grip FFS.

How thick are you? I didn't say we shouldn't be rotating the squad. I've seen you argue with people on here before over fuck all. Least you are consistent. Going to block you now beause you have repeated yourself over something I never said. Fucking pest. 

16 minutes ago, TMB said:

It’s one thing playing a weakened side against falkirk or in Poland when we’d already qualified but against a premier team on a good run it smacks of complacency especially when there was no shape to the team . This was a one off must win on the night game and Gerrard fucked it up royally.

18 hours ago, bluenoz said:

For me Davis play every league game as hes still our best midfielder. 

Zungu i dont fancy, back the way and sideways passes and wee floaty balls. 

9 minutes ago, Dickie said:

It’s one thing playing a weakened side against falkirk or in Poland when we’d already qualified but against a premier team on a good run it smacks of complacency especially when there was no shape to the team . This was a one off must win on the night game and Gerrard fucked it up royally.

Gerrard’s been rotating the squad in the league too and we’ve been on fire for months.  As I said, this team and the manager have all received praise on the squad rotation and management.  It’s resulted in one of the best starts to a season we’ve had in 50 years.  You think we should scrap it because we’ve lost one game?  Are you just going to ignore the 27 game unbeaten run, topping the Europa group, or the 13 points gap over celtic?  

For what it’s worth it’ll no doubt be our strongest team every game from now on anyway.  We’ve already done the business in Europe and that wont resume until well in to next year.  We’re out the League Cup and can just focus on the league for the next 2 months.

Hadron Collider likes this
On 16/12/2020 at 21:56, M-89 said:

Embarrassing tonight. Can go one of two ways now... we can collapse in the league as well or we can go on another run. Honestly don't know which it'll be with this team 

Was starting to think we were about to collapse again but thank fuck we dug in. Plenty of character and bottle shown in that second half there!