Bottlers

GOAT

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very disappointed in the players and more so the manager tonight.

A reaction to this is where we will see our mettle.

Tonight unfortunately had shades of last jan/feb.  It was an absolutely shocking performance all round, I dont think any of our players apart from Tav would get over a 5 and it has shown weakness. It will be very interesting to see what Gerrard says. He spoke very recently about standards and you would struggle to find any wearing blue that met them tonight. They looked pedestrian and disinterested.

Lets not kid ourselves this will also give them a massive boost across the city.

We need a massive performance at the weekend and send out a statement with a convincing win. Nothing else will do.

2 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

Tonight is a mentality issue. We have seen it before. Don't kind yourself it isn't.

celtic have won plenty of silverware yet they got put out to Ross County at Parkhead.  It was good winning every game up until now, incredible in fact, but we had to lose at some point.  I’m glad it’s tonight in the league cup and not in the league.  

1 minute ago, TMB said:

We’ve won our Europa group and qualified for the last 16 for the second consecutive year.  We’re also 13 points (albeit having played 2 additional games) in front of celtic in the league.  Tonight doesn’t undo all that good work.  It doesn’t effect it at all.

Im sorry but it absolutely does it puts players on a downer which brings complacency just look at what bad results has done to them across the city, You cant honestly be positive losing one of the best chances at silverware with the teams that were already out.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Yep their goal at the end was fucking laughable from us. WE had the ball and gifted them a corner from fucking around at the back

Kamara.

Kent at their 1st, along with naive Bassey.

Bassey poor at their 2nd too.

Too many individual mistakes, and too many below par performances.

9 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Top teams frequently lose their unbeaten runs to lesser opposition on dreary nights.   Shit happens.  Move on.  

Yup look at celtic and hearts or them and ross county

this is why every game is taken one at a time and should be fielded with the strongest team possible

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It isn’t the fact we got beat, we were never going to go unbeaten it’s the context of it all. Odds on favourites to win a trophy without them in it and we bottle it instantly at the first hint of maybe being successful. It’s bigger than a football problem it’s a mentality problem and this cup was perfect for us to overcome that. Failed again

Exactly the point I was trying to make in the inevitable car crash thread I’ll have been responsible for by the morning.

Need to sign off this I’m fucking beyond words angry. Sick to my stomach thinking about what could happen from this.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

ITS the CONTEXT of the defeat why is that so hard to fucking understand. 99% of this forum knew we’d get beat this season at some point. It’s the fact that yet again it’s came at the first hint of success in a cup cellic weren’t in. That’s the problem you know it. Pathetic you’re trying to just airbrush that

100%

1 minute ago, DiamondDan said:

Nah but losing 2 goal leads to Aberdeen, letting bottom of the table Hearts finish the league and cup, not being able to beat celtic in the league cup final etc show when it comes to the crunch this mob go missing.

That’s last season. It’s concerning due to the similarities but we all agreed prior to this one game that we are a different animal to then. A big game against Motherwell, we need to win. 

Just now, TMB said:

celtic have won plenty of silverware yet they got put out to Ross County at Parkhead.  It was good winning every game up until now, incredible in fact, but we had to lose at some point.  I’m glad it’s tonight in the league cup and not in the league.  

I just hope it doesn't have a lasting effect that's all. League is priority.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

I completely agree with all that, the sense of entitlement & the fact we will get beat again and cunts will have a full meltdown but it happens

The issue is how we lose, that was hardly a smash and grab tonight where we dominated and they got lucky

We looked shit scared from the start, had barely any clear cut chances & let St Mirren score 3...its nothing to do with losing 1 match, it's the fact the players are showing again that their bottle crashes at the first possible opportunity given

Mate, until they got the penalty they had zero influence on the game.  After we lost the second we looked shaky I will agree.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

You’re part of the problem. The lead is until they play they’re games in hand

Even if celtic win their 2 games in hand they’re still 7 points behind.  Historically, once you get 7 points in front you’re favourites to go on and win the title.  We have the chance to go 16 points clear at the weekend and the Old Firm at Ibrox is coming up.  This league title is still very much in the hands of Rangers.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Of course it does. 

We had just about as clear a run at that trophy as you can get and because we were favourites there was a bit of pressure on us to deliver it and we’ve fallen at the first hurdle.

Most of the momentum we have built up is gone now and with the run of games we have coming up people are going to start being nervous and asking questions.

It's a real tough 4 games in the lead up to January 2nd. There's the potential for the whole season to change in any one of those games and noone should underestimate that.

people saying the league is over and we're bottlers neesdto take a breath.

Defeat had to happen sometime, glad it was tonight and not weekend

going through a season undefeated is unheard of and folk need to se this for what it's worth

a setback, nothing more, not capitulation

Didn’t see the game as I was working. But just seen the score and that’s an inexcusable result. 

Should never happen a Rangers team with a squad like ours and after celtic were already put out.  

Different if we were a team who had multiple titles and trophies, but that’s a massive, massive worry given it was their big chance to finally win something. Fuuuuuuckkkkk

Just now, TMB said:

Even if celtic win their 2 games in hand they’re still 7 points behind.  Historically, once you get 7 points in front you’re favourites to go on and win the title.  We have the chance to go 16 points clear at the weekend and the Old Firm at Ibrox is coming up.  This league title is still very much in the hands of Rangers.

I’m sorry are we playing celtic next week? No we have 4 league games before that, one of which is tonight’s opponent at the same venue. Fuck up with your 16 ahead pish 

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Couldn't give a monkey's about them. The fact is Gerrard remains trophy less and this may well bring back all the doubt once more.

Archived