Bottlers

GOAT

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Darrenmt7 said:

Im sorry but it absolutely does it puts players on a downer which brings complacency just look at what bad results has done to them across the city, You cant honestly be positive losing one of the best chances at silverware with the teams that were already out.

Or, the team get a reality check from this result, learn the performance levels can’t drop, and go on another outstanding run.  You’re choosing to look at this result and say ‘it’ll have a negative effect on everything else’.  There’s no evidence to suggest that will be the case.  We’ve done brilliantly in Europe, We’re 13 ahead in the league, we’re flying this season.  One bad game doesn’t undo all the good work that’s been done up until this point.  That’s nonsense. 

1 minute ago, DMax399 said:

Mate, until they got the penalty they had zero influence on the game.  After we lost the second we looked shaky I will agree.

They had zero attacking influence aye but looked comfortable waiting for their chances

It wasnt a game where we peppered the goal and they hit us on the counter, they had a good shape, waited on their chances & 2nd half they pressed us right in 

Only excuse I can find for tonight is the players bottle, it's the same players who have been class all season

Let's be honest that tonight was an exact repeat of every performance from Janurary to March earlier this year. It's also happened conveniently when there is a chance to actually go on and achieve something.

This can't be played down as this team will now be asked serious questions and if I'm being honest I don't think they can handle it going on recent experience.

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Why is it nonsense mate?

I've either misread the OP or the OP has been changed. I thought it said the league is over with this team of bottlers or implications to that effect! On reading the OP again though I think it's basically just saying the league isn't over! That of course is correct but the implication seems to be we are going to bottle which I think is premature.

There is still a long long way to go. Unfortunately there are going to be many more bumps along the way. Still confident but just fucking gutted with that display and result.

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

It’s either good that it happened now and not in the league 

Or it’s the catalyst for us to fuck up the league as well, suppose we’ll get an idea of where we are at the weekend 

That's it for me, we will either crack on and hammer Motherwell at the weekend or if we drop points I'll start to worry.

Just now, Junior Soprano said:

Without a doubt it’s the catalyst. We’ve seen this before

I’m willing to give them some benefit of the doubt before I say for sure that we haven’t got the minerals given we actually found a way back into the game before we chucked it again 

In times gone by that would’ve been a 2-1 defeat and we’d have created fuck all so there’s that 

It is however a bit telling that it’s the first time there’s been a weight of expectation on us this season and we crumbled against St Mirren of all teams 

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

That’s not a bottle job! Regardless of what’s been before, there wasn’t pressure on us tonight, we’ve just been sloppy! I’m more concerned at what happens following this than the defeat tonight! 

There’s not pressure on us to win our first trophy in 10 years?  Seriously?

5 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Yeah bottlers leading the league by 13 points. Hysteria isn't far behind with some people.  

It’s called hurting mate .words and thoughts .These guys care 

Maybe some shouldn’t be hypocrites and greet about it .As they are doing the same thing .Just in a different way 

Tomorrow is different day .We go again but this is gutting

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Why are you on here defending that fucking nonsense? There's no pressure in the league this season, we've let them get 9, this team of bottling bastards weren't favourites at the start of the season and again in Europe despite the shite they come away with if we'd been put out by Galatasaray cunts would have forgotten about it a few days later 

This cup competition, however, with celtic knocked out, was ours and this team have, ONCE AGAIN, shat the fucking bed. 

Did you expect us to win every game til the end of the season? Cos if you did, you're a mug. If you didn't then it should have been because we're entitled to fuck all and we need to play well, have minimal mistakes, and good work ethics in every game. Tonight we failed on all three, by a team 90 minutes ago folk wondered if we could be the new inbincibles ffs.

Its a deserved defeat. I'm no fucking happy. But this season fuck all suggests its more than a poor performance. Those screaming loudest are those who like to build us up as world beaters, including some idiots saying the league was won by December ffs.

I said to my brother before the game, I don’t think a lot of our squad and management understand how important getting over the line and winning a major trophy domestically is. The confidence to push on as winners is massive and we have fucked this tonight. 

Only time will tell what impact this has but I want a trophy, winning this one would have been massive for us. 

Not one of them get pass marks tonight and I am sick of shitebaggery in the middle of the park when teams get stuck in. 

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I've either misread the OP or the OP has been changed. I thought it said the league is over with this team of bottlers or implications to that effect! On reading the OP again though I think it's basically just saying the league isn't over! That of course is correct but the implication seems to be we are going to bottle which I think is premature.

There is still a long long way to go. Unfortunately there are going to be many more bumps along the way. Still confident but just fucking gutted with that display and result.

I said the league is far from over. 

2 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

That’s not a bottle job! Regardless of what’s been before, there wasn’t pressure on us tonight, we’ve just been sloppy! I’m more concerned at what happens following this than the defeat tonight! 

Wasn't pressure? The manager was looking for his first trophy and we were looking for our first trophy as a club for however many years. Add to that we were overwhelming favourites for the cup then there was pressure. And we fucked it up. 

2 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

How was there no pressure on us tonight? We were favourites for the whole competition and we’ve dropped out with a whimper. 

4 minutes ago, Malkster said:

people saying the league is over and we're bottlers neesdto take a breath.

Defeat had to happen sometime, glad it was tonight and not weekend

going through a season undefeated is unheard of and folk need to se this for what it's worth

a setback, nothing more, not capitulation

Not sure that’s entirely true 

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

We're now going to have a few days of a shitshow where some try to be uber-staunch and declare others hysterical, while others throw away the league.

The fact is that league-winning Rangers sides win the League Cup. Winning is a skill you develop. We've fucked it again, as we have done every single time, when it actually matters. 

My biggest fear is that this side will never win when it matters - when they're heavy favourites or under serious pressure, not underdogs in Europe or playing in the early part of a season. Tonight did absolutely nothing to make me believe otherwise, at a time when I was starting to think we may have actually turned a corner. It doesn't mean the league is over, and hopefully we react with another long unbeaten run, but it should be taken for what it is - a big fucking catalyst for the Orcs across the city and proof we've not progressed as much as we thought we had. They will fancy their chances again after a month of fearing it was all over. 

Rangers were favourites going in to the first Old Firm game of the season yet we won it.  I think Rangers have been favourites at the bookies for weeks now (and rightly so given our points advantage) and we haven’t slipped up at all.  No sign of bottling anything.

Archived