Bottlers

GOAT

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Any top flight trophy matters especially when we haven't won one in a near decade. 

This cup was the catalyst to get winning back into our team.. Medals a champions mentality and we shit the bed to one of the worst teams in the league. 

It's no coincidence it's came at the arse end of December either. 

We are going to win the league.  Relax. 

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This needs to be a serious reality check for the players and Gerrard. I am aware that things are different but, in the same scenario, Walters team wins this trophy, not by ability alone, but by mentality. There is still a long way to go, but the 'live it up' brigade and those writing the season off as ours already need to get their head out the sand. Perhaps losing this instead of say last Sunday is a bonus but we will find out come 5 o'clock on Saturday if they get the response.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Choke when the pressure is really on. Always have under Gerrard. Basically need everything to go right for us to win the league. Can’t explain how angry I am at us missing our biggest open goal for silverware in a decade. 

No wonder. The first time in a decade where we can get a unreal crack at lifting an early trophy and ending the dominance of those cunts and we put in that shit show performance at St Mirren. 

Feels like a turning point and one we know all too well. Honestly thought that hoodoo was done.. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So whats the difference in reaction if we'd lost on Sunday, or this Saturday? Would it be league bottlers instead of general bottlers? 

Its a fucking pendulum of extremes on here, and tonight proves it. Its a terrible performance and defeat, but thats what it is. Its cost us a semi final but could have been 3 points.

My argument is given the season we've been having, there's no proof its bottling it rather than just a shite 90 mins. Time will tell. But rather than wait thuse that are all in or all out have gone from smoking cigars to smashing their tvs ffs.

We were having the same type of season till Hearts turned us over last season then it all went to fuck. It’ll be the exact same again. 

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I’m willing to bet great Rangers teams ended cellics cup dominance no Hibs or St Johnstone. It was time for us to make a mark and take a trophy. Truth is we absolutely bottled it

I just put it down to a bad day at the office, no sound of breaking glass, wait till the weekend to see reaction

Just now, eejay the dj said:

I said SG would get another 1/2 seasons if he failed this season .And he will get that .I can’t imagine what our fan base would be like if we fucked this up from here .

He won't be here if that happened and rightly so. 

Just gutted with the inevitability of it all. 

People too quick to think we're it, when we've not shown once in Scotland we can win a game from a losing position. That is a sign of Champions elect. 

We've bottled it. They have winners. 

I'd say despite the deficit in the League after tonight we're no longer favourites. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

No wonder. The first time in a decade where we can get a unreal crack at lifting an early trophy and ending the dominance of those cunts and we put in that shit show performance at St Mirren. 

Feels like a turning point and one we know all too well. Honestly thought that hoodoo was done.. 

It seems like a hoodoo GF .

For me I’ll decide Saturday if I think this is us bottling it, one shite result doesn’t make us bottlers, let’s see how the team responds Saturday. 

Gutted we’re out the cup as it’s a real chance at silverware finally but for me I didn’t expect us to go unbeaten, so I’d rather have lost tonight than lose a league game any time soon, get that bad result out the way and push on 

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

We were 3rd place to Aberdeen, the following season 2nd, there’s no reason as yet to doubt that trajectory continuing. 

We were neck and neck after the Christmas Old Firm two years ago, we were a point ahead after the Christmas Old Firm last year, we were in the cup final last years and shat our fucking pants every single time. We've now went out the cup in the quarter finals to a team 2 points clear of relegation in the league. There is every reason to doubt us.

I honestly can’t believe the number of people making excuses for this tbh.

Am I saying every player is shite? No. Am I saying get Gerrard to fuck, rip it all up and start again? No. However we are now nine years without a major trophy, 9 YEARS, and we will probably wait a long, long time to get an easier run at a trophy than the one we were presented with when teams who traditionally make it hard for us - celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Dundee Utd - all got horsed out of it and we have completely blown it again.

I’m sorry but I just can’t get on board, or even get my head around, people saying things like the cups don’t matter with no hint of irony in their post.We are a club built on continued and constant success and there are plenty of supporters, players and managers who have had some of their best times with us watching and celebrating us win cups and now they suddenly don’t matter?

Is the league the priority, of course it is, but to just brush off going out of a cup with a whimper like it’s nothing seriously makes me worry that we now have a section of our support who have become so used to us being also rans and nearly men now and have become so accustomed to watching us not winning trophies, which is the single biggest trait our club is built on, that they have developed a complete glorious failure, losers mentality.

There is no time in Rangers history when that result and that performance shouldn’t be slated and criticised for the shitshow that it was, even more so when we have been starved of success for so long and people are desperate for us to win something, anything. 

2 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

People too quick to think we're it, when we've not shown once in Scotland we can win a game from a losing position. That is a sign of Champions elect. 

I'd say despite the deficit in the League after tonight we're not longer favourites

Ffs man, calm down 😂😂

7 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

Or maybe St Mirren played well tonight? 

What could go wrong did, but they all, to a man put in a performance. Unlike us. It happens in football. 

They got it tactically spot on, they got us on a bad night, their desire was better, we made too many mistakes, a couple of big decisions went in their favour.

2 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I'd say despite the deficit in the League after tonight we're not longer favourites. 

I've never once felt like we were. After they dropped points against St.Johnstone I had it 50/50, but otherwise I've always thought they'll ultimately win the league. Isnt that telling though? That many points clear and I still have it a toss up at best. Depressing.

36 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Any cunt who thinks the league over is a deluded tool.

This could be a huge swing in the season.

I have been trying to tell people that for weeks, we have been great and some incredible football from Tav etc, but tonight it was like the team we watched so often over the couple of seasons before.

I am still hopeful we can get back to winning ways, but this is a wake up call to us the fans and SG and the players.

I still cannot believe that we got back level tonight with just a few minutes to go and we did not get to extra time. 

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

I've never once felt like we were. After they dropped points against St.Johnstone I had it 50/50, but otherwise I've always thought they'll ultimately win the league. Isnt that telling though? That many points clear and I still have it a toss up at best. Depressing.

Whose bottle is crashing now?

5 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

We were neck and neck after the Christmas Old Firm two years ago, we were a point ahead after the Christmas Old Firm last year, we were in the cup final last years and shat our fucking pants every single time. We've now went out the cup in the quarter finals to a team 2 points clear of relegation in the league. There is every reason to doubt us.

There is but in all that seasons did we go on a run of games undefeated like we have this one, or concede so little goals( until now). I’m not ready to forget all the previous results yet. Last season the games we were winning weren’t convincing, this season we convincingly beat teams until tonight obviously. 

18 minutes ago, Darrenmt7 said:

The amount of people trying to down play losing one of the easiest chances at obtaining silverware is baffling 🤣 if we take that kind of performance into league games then there will be many disappointed people on here.

I don’t think anyone is downplaying it, we’re all gutted about missing out on a trophy after all this time but the rush to class this team as bottlers 30secs after the final whistle is absolutely baffling.  It’s almost like they couldn’t wait to slag the team off.

Archived