2 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Just gutted with the inevitability of it all. 

People too quick to think we're it, when we've not shown once in Scotland we can win a game from a losing position. That is a sign of Champions elect. 

We've bottled it. They have winners. 

I'd say despite the deficit in the League after tonight we're not longer favourites

Ffs man, calm down 😂😂

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many of you howling at the moon fannies have actually experienced a title race, our support is pathetic online .  

Here comes the hysteria  

Any cunt who thinks the league over is a deluded tool. This could be a huge swing in the season.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

Or maybe St Mirren played well tonight? 

What could go wrong did, but they all, to a man put in a performance. Unlike us. It happens in football. 

They got it tactically spot on, they got us on a bad night, their desire was better, we made too many mistakes, a couple of big decisions went in their favour.

2 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Just gutted with the inevitability of it all. 

People too quick to think we're it, when we've not shown once in Scotland we can win a game from a losing position. That is a sign of Champions elect. 

We've bottled it. They have winners. 

I'd say despite the deficit in the League after tonight we're not longer favourites. 

I've never once felt like we were. After they dropped points against St.Johnstone I had it 50/50, but otherwise I've always thought they'll ultimately win the league. Isnt that telling though? That many points clear and I still have it a toss up at best. Depressing.

GabrielTomato likes this
36 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Any cunt who thinks the league over is a deluded tool.

This could be a huge swing in the season.

I have been trying to tell people that for weeks, we have been great and some incredible football from Tav etc, but tonight it was like the team we watched so often over the couple of seasons before.

I am still hopeful we can get back to winning ways, but this is a wake up call to us the fans and SG and the players.

I still cannot believe that we got back level tonight with just a few minutes to go and we did not get to extra time. 

eejay the dj likes this
1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

I've never once felt like we were. After they dropped points against St.Johnstone I had it 50/50, but otherwise I've always thought they'll ultimately win the league. Isnt that telling though? That many points clear and I still have it a toss up at best. Depressing.

Whose bottle is crashing now?

5 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

We were neck and neck after the Christmas Old Firm two years ago, we were a point ahead after the Christmas Old Firm last year, we were in the cup final last years and shat our fucking pants every single time. We've now went out the cup in the quarter finals to a team 2 points clear of relegation in the league. There is every reason to doubt us.

There is but in all that seasons did we go on a run of games undefeated like we have this one, or concede so little goals( until now). I’m not ready to forget all the previous results yet. Last season the games we were winning weren’t convincing, this season we convincingly beat teams until tonight obviously. 

18 minutes ago, Darrenmt7 said:

The amount of people trying to down play losing one of the easiest chances at obtaining silverware is baffling 🤣 if we take that kind of performance into league games then there will be many disappointed people on here.

I don’t think anyone is downplaying it, we’re all gutted about missing out on a trophy after all this time but the rush to class this team as bottlers 30secs after the final whistle is absolutely baffling.  It’s almost like they couldn’t wait to slag the team off.

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

It's called not being able to focus. It's not having the mentality to see it through. Do you think any of Walter's teams do that? How many times did we see those teams claw their way back in difficult away cup ties? Fucking hell they made an artform of it.

I sometimes wonder how old posters are or if they've forgotten what title-winning sides actually look like. Rangers teams that win the league win the League Cup. They get excited by winning. They get through difficult games like that. They don't lose goals straight after scoring one in the last minute.

Did we "bottle" it when we went behind against liege  ...twice?

Or 2 nil down against Braga last season. 

I remember Walter's teams getting pumped 3 times in one week at Ibrox from them, Falkirk FFS then AEK. Pumped out 2 cups in 7 days.

Were his teams bottlers too?

I fully understand how massive tonight was and how it could affect our season. 

But it won't. Previous 27 games this season tell me that.

6 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

Ffs man, calm down 😂😂

We’ll know a lot more a month from now but that was a huge step back tonight and I don’t blame anyone for thinking that way. 

See if we’d battered them and lost to a freak result I’d get it. But we didn’t even look like creating anything and as soon as we equalised, shat it again.

Billythebear77 likes this

Some people need to get a fucking grip.

We ripped the piss out of the scum imploding and many are now following suit.

It was an abject performance that came at the worst time as far as a knock out tournament is concerned but would I prefer losing this or the game at the weekend against Motherwell?

Only concern is whether the players can bounce back straight away and hit Motherwell hard, saw last year that losing in the final derailed the season, so let’s hope they’ve learned but FFS keep the head lads.

Malkster likes this
1 minute ago, RS4_wul said:

It's called football. 

100%

We played pretty well for 40mins, defensively and offensively. They got a soft pen and we played against 12 men for most of the game, following the ref switch.

Tonight was was that classic winter's mid-week SPL challenge - a hard working underdog at home on a tight pitch, getting one sniff, then giving no space or respect against a higher ranked team. Strange things happen on cup nights like tonight - they have for decades. Indeed that's football.

What's important is the league title not the league cup. Most have said that before, but then jump in to shout out in anger.

Let's hope that the team learn from this and respond with a bit more bottle than some of the responses seen on this post...

WATP!

#55!

Few drama queens cutting about in terms of how this effects the league. Everyone’s gutted about losing another trophy, but the league points stay the same. 

This is a test, one we knew we would have to overcome eventually. We weren’t going to win every game. 

Over the course of the next 8-10 games we will find out all we need to know - whether we like it or not. 

Howsitgoing likes this

I remember Walter's teams getting pumped 3 times in one week at Ibrox from them, Falkirk FFS then AEK. Pumped out 2 cups in 7 days.

This team does well in Europe because they're underdogs. Any success they get in Europe is a bonus and they know it - we're playing teams with bigger budgets half the time. It's why they can match Benfica and lose to St. Mirren - they're liberated from the expectations they face domestically. I've loved our performances in Europe and we're clearly capable of being a quality side, but quality sides aren't always winning ones.

Yep, that week in 94  was woeful. But that team then strolled it to the league and were proven winners. They'd won 6 in a row. This team hasn't won anything. Gerrard is 0/7 for trophies. They've fucked the League Cup at the first opportunity after Celtic got knocked out. It's not comparable at all.

I'll say it again. Winning breeds more winning. It's a skill you develop. This team hasn't proven it can actually do it when it matters, when the pressure is actually on them.

1 minute ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Few drama queens cutting about in terms of how this effects the league. Everyone’s gutted about losing another trophy, but the league points stay the same. 

This is a test, one we knew we would have to overcome eventually. We weren’t going to win every game. 

Over the course of the next 8-10 games we will find out all we need to know - whether we like it or not. 

that kind of pragmatism is out of order in here

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

It’s a massive lift for those bastards as well. They know there’s mistakes still in us and we’re not invincible in this league. 

Tonight was a huge result and one that’ll probably turn the season on its head

bet yer on SSB tomorrow night saying the very same

Considering smith had just won 5 out of the six trophies the two seasons before Falkirk, your argument for them being bottlers is ridiculous.  Oh and had just won six in a row aswell...

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It’s a massive lift for those bastards as well. They know there’s mistakes still in us and we’re not invincible in this league. 

Tonight was a huge result and one that’ll probably turn the season on its head

The most infuriating thing is we've fucked that and on the other side of this city, they're going to win a quadruple treble at the weekend. 

A shocking state of affairs and a run that we could have ended last year, had we not bottled that anawl. 

And for the record, after that game I remember reading equally positive (head in the sand) posts from folk on here about how it was fine because we'd win the league.