Seen this movie before

Essandoh

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll happily laugh at this down the line if I’m wrong. Happily. Won’t be the first time, won’t be the last.

But everyone can feel the fear of an implosion after the last few years. The psychological weight of this will be found out soon. As will the potential lift it gives those horrible cunts across the city.

That was the first trophy of the season thrown away at a whimper to the mighty St Mirren. Three fucking goals and conceded the winner a minute after finally equalising.

I am beyond proud of the squad for their performances in the league and Europe this season - but that game was clearly pivotal. We had to win.

The pressure is on. Saturday will tell a lot. We have to smash them. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Failure is all we've known in recent memory. 

Because the team was sent down to the lower divisions and spent the best part of a decade trying to get back to where we are now.  Rangers lack of silverware in recent memory goes well beyond a bad night at St.Mirren.  

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

So what’s your solution?  Should Gerrard be sacked tonight?  

Weak attempt at trying to put words in my mouth to deflect genuine concerns, feelings and reactions that many Rangers fans share right now.

The point here is that the importance of that game was beyond the quarter final itself. The timing and context was monumental. Please don’t pretend you don’t understand that because it’s clear as day.

If you disagree, sound. But there’s nothing unreasonable about feeling utterly dejected after that because of the other chances that have been blown over the last few years.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

It was Tynecastle revisited.

Out- fought, Out - thought tactically, out worked.

The same players who continually hide when the going gets tough.

Big 6 weeks coming up.

The last 8 weeks weren't big?  Why weren't the "same players" not continually hiding when we were winning our Europa League group or going 13 points clear at the top?  Why were they all playing so amazingly well?  

Just now, Essandoh said:

Weak attempt at trying to put words in my mouth to deflect genuine concerns, feelings and reactions that many Rangers fans share right now.

The point here is that the importance of that game was beyond the quarter final itself. The timing and context was monumental. Please don’t pretend you don’t understand that because it’s clear as day.

If you disagree, sound. But there’s nothing unreasonable about feeling utterly dejected after that because of the other chances that have been blown over the last few years.

You said you've seen this all before.  You're suggesting you know where this is going, yes?  I presume you're going to tell us it'll end with us winning nothing (despite our current points advantage in the league).  So why wait to replace him if you're convinced we'll fail.  Start a threat and tell us all Gerrard should be sacked because you think he wont win anything.  Just come out and say it.

Just now, TMB said:

The last 8 weeks weren't big?  Why weren't the "same players" not continually hiding when we were winning our Europa League group or going 13 points clear at the top?  Why were they all playing so amazingly well?  

Dark cold nights and shite tight pitches, 10 men behind the ball and fighting like fuck to beat us.

Exactly where we failed last season.

who said they were playing amazingly well?

The two biggest shitebags - Kent and Aribo haven’t kicked a ball in months.

Nope!

We let ourselves down tonight, but we are a far different proposition this season from last. The stuffs there. Well set up. Tav a revelation, leading from the front and the team firing on all cylinders. 

This is only a blip imo and back to business as usual at the weekend.

That shower of taig infested shite will not beat us again.

Just now, TMB said:

You said you've seen this all before.  You're suggesting you know where this is going, yes?  I presume you're going to tell us it'll end with us winning nothing (despite our current points advantage in the league).  So why wait to replace him if you're convinced we'll fail.  Start a threat and tell us all Gerrard should be sacked because you think he wont win anything.  Just come out and say it.

Absolute weapon deliberately misconstruing what I and other posters have said across the board within and out with this thread. You’re not putting words in my mouth. If I wanted Gerrard sacked I’d have said it. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Dark cold nights and shite tight pitches, 10 men behind the ball and fighting like fuck to beat us.

Exactly where we failed last season.

who said they were playing amazingly well?

The two biggest shitebags - Kent and Aribo haven’t kicked a ball in months.

I've heard nothing but praise for this Rangers team for months.  Rangers start to the season both domestically, and in Europe, has been amazing.  We've won our Europa League group by a record number of points, and we're 13 points ahead in the league race.  This certainly exceeds my expectations for the season.  You don't think Rangers have been amazing so far?  

Just now, Essandoh said:

Absolute weapon deliberately misconstruing what I and other posters have said across the board within and out with this thread. You’re not putting words in my mouth. If I wanted Gerrard sacked I’d have said it. 

Just as a matter of interest, did you want him sacked last season?

Gerrard fucked this tonight, blame lies squarely with him. 

Players being singled out left right and centre by troops on here and very rarely mentioning Aribo.

Outfought to a bottom six team AGAIN in a cup there to be won by us. How he watched that and thought taking Arfield off and leaving Aribo on in the middle of the park just baffles me. Aribo not a player for digging in games as found out in Dingwall and reiterated tonight.  Shitebag of a performance reminiscent of last season. Young boy but you just cannot hide playing for Rangers in a cup quarter final. A big fucking pansy tonight. 

This game needed the strongest 11 to start and Aribo isn’t in it. 

25 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

So what are you implying with this thread title and opening sentence?  You know what's coming...and it's success and Gerrard should stay?  No, I didn't think so.  You want to tell us 'Rangers have failed before therefore we'll fail again and everyone knows it' - A load of shite.

Archived