Seen this movie before

Essandoh

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I did. Youre basing your doom and gloom on last season and the season before because we have lost. I'm countering that by saying if those seasons were anything to go by on then we shouldn't have won the European group stage.

Point is, it's an overreaction to loose one game in 28 and say the season is finished.

🤣

Fucking hell man. That makes zero sense, pal. 

We've fucked it domestically again but won't fuck it domestically this season again because we qualified for the last 32 again, like we did last season. 

And I know, I know we finished top and that shouldn't be overlooked but it makes no difference to our progress domestically, especially when we went out a round earlier than last season, even with the supposed biggest threat out the way. 

This is a shambles and there's no good in dressing it up. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Fuck sake you having a laugh? Broke numerous defensive records, top of the league with some room, first ever team to win a group in European stage.

Tell me how it's the same without saying we are bottlers cause we lost one game in 28.

It was a genuine question no need to get upset 😂

You go on about breaking defensive records then we go and concede 3 to st mirren, papering over the cracks or just a blip? I severely hope it is just a blip but we have seen this all before. 

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Fuck sake you having a laugh? Broke numerous defensive records, top of the league with some room, first ever team to win a group in European stage.

Tell me how it's the same without saying we are bottlers cause we lost one game in 28.

Correct, everyone is pissed off cos admittedly theyve seen it before. Its up to this team to prove them wrong but so far until tonight those signs werent there. 

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We have improved since last season. We have a better squad too.

The defeat was a sore one but we weren't going to go all season undefeated. I'd much rather be knocked out the cup than drop 3 points in the title race. I think we at long last have a squad capable of winning the title and I won't panic because of one bad result or what happened in previous seasons.

Its not about the depth or the quality of the squad anymore its mentality, pressure games we always find a way to make a monumental fuck up. 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

🤣

Fucking hell man. That makes zero sense, pal. 

We've fucked it domestically again but won't fuck it domestically this season again because we qualified for the last 32 again, like we did last season. 

And I know, I know we finished top and that shouldn't be overlooked but it makes no difference to our progress domestically, especially when we went out a round earlier than last season, even with the supposed biggest threat out the way. 

This is a shambles and there's no good in dressing it up. 

Aye it's a fucking shambles if a result,but a bigger shambles writing off the rest of the season and chucking in the towel ffs.

3 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

It was a genuine question no need to get upset 😂

You go on about breaking defensive records then we go and concede 3 to st mirren, papering over the cracks or just a blip? I severely hope it is just a blip but we have seen this all before. 

Fair enough mate, apologies for biting your heed aff. Just so much doom and gloom after tonight. I'm gutted but so far seen a call for Gerrard to be sacked and lifelong gets fans saying the league's done.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Did Gerrard say he'd chucked in the towel? 

If not, who did? 

Mate that's what you seemed to be implying saying "we've seen it before". Seems you believe the league is gone based on our last two seasons and tonight.

If no then I apply but it's easily misconstrued based on the general atmosphere in here tonight.

Got a horrible feeling now purely based on previous dips in performance and results after going out of cups. 

Hope to fuck I’m wrong but it’ll give they tramps a massive boost and question marks still hang over our team when it comes to winning things.

1 minute ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Its not about the depth or the quality of the squad anymore its mentality, pressure games we always find a way to make a monumental fuck up. 

Losing a single game so far this season is down to mentality? We have displayed the mentality to go this far undefeated until tonight. Haven't folded to pressure games in the title race (zero shots against us at piggery) or in Europe (topped the table undefeated).

List me all the teams who have went further than us in all competitions undefeated this season? Who are these teams with this elusive 'mentality' that you speak of? 

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Mate that's what you seemed to be implying saying "we've seen it before". Seems you believe the league is gone based on our last two seasons and tonight.

If no then I apply but it's easily misconstrued based on the general atmosphere in here tonight.

I would actually go along with the " weve seen it before " line cos we have. But theres a difference between that and saying "weve seen it before and thats it fucked ".

1 hour ago, Moody Blue said:

Gerrard fucked this tonight, blame lies squarely with him. 

Players being singled out left right and centre by troops on here and very rarely mentioning Aribo.

Outfought to a bottom six team AGAIN in a cup there to be won by us. How he watched that and thought taking Arfield off and leaving Aribo on in the middle of the park just baffles me. Aribo not a player for digging in games as found out in Dingwall and reiterated tonight.  Shitebag of a performance reminiscent of last season. Young boy but you just cannot hide playing for Rangers in a cup quarter final. A big fucking pansy tonight. 

This game needed the strongest 11 to start and Aribo isn’t in it. 

Guy cost me 4000 grand for not scoring last few minutes in Aberdeen . Forgiven him .

What i can't forgive . It's his  constantly weak performances when games start to get physical . A big lad but the heart of a mouse for me 

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Losing a single game so far this season is down to mentality? We have displayed the mentality to go this far undefeated until tonight. Haven't folded to pressure games in the title race (zero shots against us at piggery) or in Europe (topped the table undefeated).

List me all the teams who have went further than us in all competitions undefeated this season? Who are these teams with this elusive 'mentality' that you speak of? 

I agree fully but the annoying thing is going undefeted up until a certain point means fuck all unless you win some sort of silverware. Europe is different because of the quality that is up against us throughout

11 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

I would actually go along with the " weve seen it before " line cos we have. But theres a difference between that and saying "weve seen it before and thats it fucked ".

That's it. It's the knee jerk reaction of "its over". 

Just now, TheJacketRFC said:

I agree fully but the annoying thing is going undefeted up until a certain point means fuck all unless you win some sort of silverware. Europe is different because of the quality that is up against us throughout

Titles aren't handed out in December but we have made a good start. Tonight was a sore one, but any one of us would have taken this league position and Euro run if offered it at the start of the season.

I am not going to start panicking because of one narrow defeat and any supporter who does is a bottler imo.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

If Rangers win at the weekend, and we win on the 2nd of January, we'll be almost 20 points in front of celtic (albeit they'll have 3 games in hand) with one hand on the title.  We've made it to the last 32 of the Europa League and could easily make the last 16 again.  We're having an amazing season.

Is there a winter break after the Motherwell game or am I missing something? We’re having an amazing part of a season,we’re not even halfway yet so it could all mean fuck all. Last 32 in Europe is great but it’s not a trophy, that shite tonight was the Rangers of old and the Gerrard of old fucking clueless when the chips are down,the airfield substitution was fucking baffling. Good managers win games and then take off their best players not the other way round. And before you come up with your usual pish no I don’t want him sacked but I am even more positive after tonights fuck up that he is not up to the job but making changes now would be counter productive.

57 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Fair enough mate, apologies for biting your heed aff. Just so much doom and gloom after tonight. I'm gutted but so far seen a call for Gerrard to be sacked and lifelong gets fans saying the league's done.

Its fine mate emotions understandably running high after that for a lot of us, I wanted Gerrard gone last season and do think Covid saved him from going but so far this season I have been eating humble pie and calling for the managers head just now is absolute lunacy. 

The league is far from over and everybody needs to remember that, probably the same folk that only 24 hours ago would have told you the league was wrapped up are now saying the taigs have won it. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Until tonight we were world beaters.

Perhaps this is a reality check for players and support that fuck all is guaranteed. We need to graft for any success.

I'll not defend the team for a shite performance, but fuck me given the season to date its nothing yet more than a painful defeat.

Absolutely pathetic. 

53 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Its not just about this season though is it? What has happened the previous 2 season's? Once the going gets tough this team have bottled it time and time again. 

I genuinely hope I am wrong but if you aren't slightly worried that ghosts of the past are starting to appear again then you have your head firmly in the sand. 

Well st mirren, livingston, hibs and st johnstone have just went further than us in this competition and as far as the unbeaten record goes it means absolutely fuck all if we don't have silverware to show for it. 

14 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Its not just about this season though is it? What has happened the previous 2 season's? Once the going gets tough this team have bottled it time and time again. 

I genuinely hope I am wrong but if you aren't slightly worried that ghosts of the past are starting to appear again then you have your head firmly in the sand. 

Well st mirren, livingston, hibs and st johnstone have just went further than us in this competition and as far as the unbeaten record goes it means absolutely fuck all if we don't have silverware to show for it. 

No list then? I wouldn't be able to list any teams with a better record this season either tbf.

You said it wasn't just about squad depth, then not just about this season. Is it all about previous seasons to you mate? Nothing we can do about them, but we are in a good place now. I hope our players don't obsess about previous seasons the way some our support do or we are doomed.

Archived