Seen this movie before

Essandoh

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

No list then? I wouldn't be able to list any teams with a better record this season either tbf.

You said it wasn't just about squad depth, then not just about this season. Is it all about previous seasons to you mate? Nothing we can do about them, but we are in a good place now. I hope our players don't obsess about previous seasons the way some our support do or we are doomed.

See if we get to May and we have the best record still meaning we win the league then fair enough but celebrating having the best record in December is fucking tinpot at best. 

Time will tell on Saturday but all anybody has to go on with this team is past experiences and they don't exactly speak volumes for the coming weeks. 

I will go back to mentality for a moment, until this team win's something then that criticism will always be there. 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

🤣

Fucking hell man. That makes zero sense, pal. 

We've fucked it domestically again but won't fuck it domestically this season again because we qualified for the last 32 again, like we did last season. 

And I know, I know we finished top and that shouldn't be overlooked but it makes no difference to our progress domestically, especially when we went out a round earlier than last season, even with the supposed biggest threat out the way. 

This is a shambles and there's no good in dressing it up. 

Never at any point last season did we have a clear 7 point gap on celtic in the league.  When you factor in the games in hand, which will stretch to 3 this weekend, and us being a potential 16 points clear should we win.  There’s a clear difference between last season, and this one.  If we win the Old Firm on the second of January we could be 10 points clear and have one hand on the trophy.  Europe is just the icing on the cake.  How is that a “shambles”?

14 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

See if we get to May and we have the best record still meaning we win the league then fair enough but celebrating having the best record in December is fucking tinpot at best. 

Time will tell on Saturday but all anybody has to go on with this team is past experiences and they don't exactly speak volumes for the coming weeks. 

I will go back to mentality for a moment, until this team win's something then that criticism will always be there. 

No one is celebrating having the “best record” in December (whatever the fuck that means).  Our fans have celebrated finishing top of our Europa group, and been delighted with the 13 point gap between us and celtic.  Even 10 years ago, before the financial issues, we would’ve felt very confident at this stage with this points gap.  It’s not a “tinpot mentality” we’re in a very strong position.  If Rangers win that game 2nd of January we could go 10 points clear of them games in hand or not and it’ll be all over.

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

No one is celebrating having the “best record” in December (whatever the fuck that means).  Our fans have celebrated finishing top of our Europa group, and been delighted with the 13 point gap between us and celtic.  Even 10 years ago, before the financial issues, we would’ve felt very confident at this stage with this points gap.  It’s not a “tinpot mentality” we’re in a very strong position.  If Rangers win that game 2nd of January we could go 10 points clear of them games in hand or not and it’ll be all over.

I was asked to list teams with a better record as though it was something that should be celebrated, yes they deserve plaudits its a great start to the season but facts are facts 7 domestic trophys now lost under Gerrard and this squad with tonight being the easiest of the lot. No denying we wouldnt have felt strongly before our troubles being in this position but we have also seen this type of position turn before then as well, even if we go 10 ahead of them it is still far from over, I watched us go from 2 to 13 points behind in about 6 weeks last season it can easily happen again. 

Archived