*****Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread*****

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Yes he was left out because he can’t do both but youve said he was left out because he can’t play at that level anymore. Maybe he can’t play at that level but that’s not the reason he was left out as you originally said.

not looking for an argument here but you’ve said two different things 

If Defoe starts on Saturday and scores, I will cheer like everyone else but that role should go to Roofe in Morelos absence imo.

22 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If Defoe starts on Saturday and scores, I will cheer like everyone else but that role should go to Roofe in Morelos absence imo.

Motherwell feel they are the strong in midfield they will often keep their wingers high during defensive spells  Motherwell build their play up from the back. If they succeed in regaining possession, the midfielders will distribute the ball to the wingers as soon as possible.

During their transition to attack Motherwell will do one of two things. Play fast and attack immediately or slow the tempo down and establish possession.

I go for Defoe, he's more suited to this style of play.

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

There was a reason he was left out of Europe. He can't play at that level anymore. Those are the big teams.

(can't remember ever professing to being an adult. Wait until my better half hears this. Ha!)

Anyway, he doesn't make my starting 11 on Saturday.

The reason giving by Gerrard was to do with the schedule of Thursday Sunday and the recovery time for Defoe nothing to do with his ability to play at that level, was forced into naming from a smaller pool of players due to the home grown rule for they reasons he made the decision to leave Defoe out.

Defoe should start on Saturday imo

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.rangersnews.uk/europa-league/rangers-boss-comments-explain-surprise-jermain-defoe-europa-league-omission/amp/

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Stolen from Twitter.

Each one of our domestic cup exits since Gerrard's arrival has been followed by a home match within 4 days. Our results in those games?

Rangers 1-1 Kilmarnock
Rangers 1-1 Kilmarnock
Rangers 1-1 Young Boys
Rangers 0-1 Hamilton

I have a pint of Bleach on standby.

I said in another thread we’ve had little psychological victories this season, not conceding for so long, bettering a 6 game win streak, not conceding at home etc etc this absolutely has to be broken on Saturday to really prove we’re on track for the title. The team simply cannot let doubt creep in. 

To be fair to them just slightly, both Benfica games, especially away felt like a defeat in a way and we hammered Hamilton 8-0 that weekend. I really hope we pick up a win and by this time next week the cup exist is forgotten 

Would be good for the team to get back on track with not only the three points but with a bit of a performance as well.

Show themselves and everyone else we just hit a bit of a pothole and there's no even a puncture let alone any wheels coming off.

Clean sheet and at least a two goal advantage would do nicely for me.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Aye mate, lying in bed watching the darts, you? 

Montreal smoked meat sandwich with a glass of red wine. I’m not watching darts, plenty of them been thrown at Rangers in the last 24 hours. I would be very surprised about a 1-1 result v Motherwell on Saturday especially at home. 👍🇬🇧